07-19-11 11:38 AM
461 ... 34567 ...
tools
    i'm getting so anxious for it to arrive. you guys are making me jealous. stupid US to Canada shipping! i shouldn't complain too much as the shipping was free, which is absolutely unheard of for cross boarder shipping.
    01-06-09 09:13 PM
    I'm glad I found this thread. I just saw the skin for the first time now that the Crackberry Shop has it. It looks like the perfect fit for me.

Thanks for all the info and links!
    01-06-09 10:23 PM
    If any of you want real protection for your Bold, check out the forum post for the guy that just received the otterbox. He posted some pics. All I can say is that it looks like nothing will ever harm his device in that thing!

Check out the pics he included in his post. Not so form fitting but solid.

Here is the link: http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/jus...fender-130892/
    Last edited by gaganchow; 01-06-09 at 11:31 PM. Reason: Added link for otterbox forum
    01-06-09 11:29 PM
    If any of you want real protection for your Bold, check out the forum post for the guy that just received the otterbox. He posted some pics. All I can say is that it looks like nothing will ever harm his device in that thing!

I personally think it's ugly, but it sure does look like the ultimate protection.
    01-06-09 11:44 PM
    I purchased a Smart Skin (Case-Mate brand) from an eBay seller (let_me_sell_that_for_you) with just only $15.95 and free shipping.

It came in an original retail package, and it took 3 days to ship from Washington to Minnesota.

I recommend that seller !
    Does the smart skin fit well on the BB case that came with the Bold?
    01-07-09 12:53 AM
    I'm not sure I understand your question. The skin fits directly over the Bold.
    If you have an AT&T Bold that originally came with the leather holster with leather flap and clip, the Bold will fit in that case with the smart skin on it.
    If you have the Blackberry leather pouch that comes with some unlocked Bold units as well as some Rogers Bolds then the device will not fit in that leather pouch with the smart skin on.
    I am not sure I answered your question but hope this information helps you anyway.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-07-09 01:27 AM
    it does not fit in my ATT bold holster.... its really tight...
    01-07-09 03:10 AM
    I'm liking the look of this case for travels... Good price and I wouldn't have my charge pod with me when I'm on holidays... Enjoy my time and not worry about my BBB

01-07-09 03:23 AM

I have an Otterbox Defender case as well as several others including the Case-Mate Smart Case and for me the smart case was definitely the way to go. That Otterbox is just way to bulky and ugly. I do think it would be perfect for anyone with an outside job say in construction, farming or other hard labor outside. I work inside a hospital so the smart case is great for me.
    01-07-09 09:06 AM
    I would not mind trying the otterbox but it does not appear pocket friendly and I do not like to wear my device on my hip. I understand how much protection it offers but does not seem like the right case for me.

01-07-09 09:38 AM
    I just thought of something after reading that Otterbox thread:

How is the sound and mic quality with the skin on? Do your calls still sound clear and have you had any complaints from people on the other end?

Also, does the speakerphone still work well? I mention this because someone with the Otterbox complained about the speakerphone not working well anymore. I know that case is much bulkier though, so it hopefully isn't a factor with this skin.
    01-07-09 10:39 AM
    might buy the white or the red...
    01-07-09 11:24 AM
    Received mine in Toronto from ebay! Love it! Best skin ever.
    01-07-09 11:54 AM
    might buy the white or the red...
    Just an FYI on the white one, I got mine yesterday and it was actually silver and the black lettering makes the keyboard look kindof funky...
    I'm sending it back to get one with the white letters, I already have a black one (which is sweet) and now I think I'm going for the purple one.
    01-07-09 01:10 PM
    I just thought of something after reading that Otterbox thread:

How is the sound and mic quality with the skin on? Do your calls still sound clear and have you had any complaints from people on the other end?

Also, does the speakerphone still work well? I mention this because someone with the Otterbox complained about the speakerphone not working well anymore. I know that case is much bulkier though, so it hopefully isn't a factor with this skin.
    Although I do not have an otterbox defender case, I believe the case mate smart skin & the otterbox are nothing alike.
    I have experienced no problems using the smart skin and find it easier to type on with the skin.

01-07-09 01:28 PM
    Hi all
    I got one from local Fry's Electronic, Is not bad but will get the Bold alittle more "chunky" and thicker. I just don"t like the Ideal have to take out every night for the Pod charger, since I used my Bold as Alarm too.
    01-07-09 01:34 PM
    i ordered my silver whiteish looking case yesterday its suppose to arrive tommorrow and i will be posting pics
    01-07-09 01:53 PM
    Hi all
    I got one from local Fry's Electronic, Is not bad but will get the Bold alittle more "chunky" and thicker. I just don"t like the Ideal have to take out every night for the Pod charger, since I used my Bold as Alarm too.
    I really don't mind to take it out every night, so I always take it out when I stay at home.
    01-07-09 02:02 PM
    I have the otterbox case for my bold and my speaker phone hasn't worked since I have used it. I know it's not the .217 OS because I have taken the case completely off and the speaker phone works great. I have also had people say they can hear themselves repeat (while the otterbox case is on). The only question I have for people with the Case-Mate is how well is the screen protected? I understand there is some sort of protection...
    01-07-09 04:38 PM
    This might have been answered somewhere in the 8 previous pages but I don't have time to read them all. Is this a soft or hard case? It looks like a great case but the soft rubber cases suck to put in and out of pockets. Thanks.
    01-07-09 06:12 PM
    I tried my best to skim the thread for an answer and if this has already been asked, my apologies.

Is the smart skin difficult to put in your pocket? I've had experiences where silicone cases would cause a lot of friction going into a pocket. Does this case slide more easily into a pocket?
    01-07-09 08:51 PM
    I tried my best to skim the thread for an answer and if this has already been asked, my apologies.

Is the smart skin difficult to put in your pocket? I've had experiences where silicone cases would cause a lot of friction going into a pocket. Does this case slide more easily into a pocket?
    I use the smart skin and only keep my device in my pocket. I do not think it grips as much as the standard silicon skin as I have no complaints about this. I have the black one and it will attract some dust and lint but its tolerable.
    01-07-09 09:56 PM
    This might have been answered somewhere in the 8 previous pages but I don't have time to read them all. Is this a soft or hard case? It looks like a great case but the soft rubber cases suck to put in and out of pockets. Thanks.
    The case-mate is a skin but offers some protection. It does protect the Bold from bumps and scratches and offers full keyboard protection as well. A separate screen protector is also included.

As previously stated, I have dropped mine onto pavement before and the skin kept it well protected. Nothing like the otterbox defender but its not bad and does not add a lot of bulk to the Bold either.
    01-07-09 10:03 PM
    I like the idea of numerals in red without having to modify the hardware potentially jacking up my favorite possession. Just how serious is this recession of the trackball? Potential deal breaker..
    01-07-09 11:33 PM
    I like the idea of numerals in red without having to modify the hardware potentially jacking up my favorite possession. Just how serious is this recession of the trackball? Potential deal breaker..
    When I first reported my experience with the skin, it had only been a few hours so I feel that I spoke too soon about the trackball. After using the Bold with the skin on it for some time now, I have no issue with it all and feel comfortable using the trackball with no issues. In fact, I have previously stated in some of my other posts that I rather type on the Bold with the skin on because the keyboard overlay makes it more comfortable to type. It seems as if I have a better grip on the keys if you understand what I am trying to convey.
    Perhaps some of the other forum contributors can add to this if possible.
    01-08-09 02:30 AM
461 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD