07-19-11 11:38 AM
461 ... 23456 ...
tools
    Finally got mine today after waiting 2 weeks for it
    01-05-09 02:12 PM
    Supertone:
    Is there a skin available that works with the extended battery? I was also reading some of the comments in the forum for the extended battery too. Do you think the battery is worth it? Not that it is a bad product or anything like that, I just wonder if it is worth the added inconvenience that comes with it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-05-09 04:13 PM
    one question and its pretty much the only reason im willing to get one of these other then the scratch factor ... drop proof ? anyone willing to try it out or already unfortunately has ?
    01-05-09 04:31 PM
    i don't expect my case to arrive for another week or so. but i have a question for those who have it already, will the skin hold my BB tight enough that it may stop the slight squeak that the battery cover has?
    01-05-09 08:10 PM
    Just got mine today, it feels pretty nice. Thing is, I want to buy the charging dock. Does anyone who have it happened to tore it or damage it by taking it out? It seems kinda hard to put it in and take it out, I don't want to be too rough because I'm afraid I might rip or damage it.
    01-05-09 08:20 PM
    Just got mine today, it feels pretty nice. Thing is, I want to buy the charging dock. Does anyone who have it happened to tore it or damage it by taking it out? It seems kinda hard to put it in and take it out, I don't want to be too rough because I'm afraid I might rip or damage it.
    so does it hold the battery door tight?
    01-05-09 08:33 PM
    i don't expect my case to arrive for another week or so. but i have a question for those who have it already, will the skin hold my BB tight enough that it may stop the slight squeak that the battery cover has?
    I had the same squeek you are referring to. I do not notice it with the skin on. The other night, I used the leather pouch instead of the skin and noticed the squeek. So to answer your question, the skin fits tightly and in my situation seems to help.

01-05-09 08:47 PM
    I feel that I am fairly rough on my devices as they are used in an industrial environment. I keep my Bold in my pocket and normally use the case mate skin. The other night at work, I dropped my Bold while getting out of my work truck. It fell approx. 5 feet onto a paved area. The Bold does not have a scratch on it and the skin has a small scuff mark on it.

01-05-09 08:52 PM
    I have used the Smart Skin for my Bold for 3 days. A little cons that the skin still attracts dust - I am a dust hater >__<

Otherwise, everything is worth the money (I purchased from eBay with $15.95 free shipping). Very easy to put the phone in and get it our, no rip or scratch at all.

I agree with gaga that skin is fully protection for your Bold!

Anyone here uses the Monaco leather pouch yet ? That case is very interesting
    01-05-09 09:14 PM
    do you think that maybe with an exacto knife you would be able to cut out the "charging pods or contacts" on the side of the bottom of the bold? i was just wondering, becuase if you could that would be pretty neat. then you wouldnt have to take off the skin at all. of course, the thickness of the bold with the skin on may prevent it from going in the charger at all.
    I didn't notice if anyone had answered this question. Please answer if you can.
    01-05-09 10:16 PM
    I didn't notice if anyone had answered this question. Please answer if you can.
    I never modified the skin as per the original question but I did try to dock the Bold in the desktop charger with the skin on and it did not fit that well. I would say that the idea probably would not work with this product.

01-05-09 10:51 PM
    i've been looking at the case mate smart skin a couple times a day now for the last 3-4 days...finally found it on ebay for 15.99 + free shipping...hope it looks as good as it does in the pictures.
    01-05-09 11:42 PM
    i've been looking at the case mate smart skin a couple times a day now for the last 3-4 days...finally found it on ebay for 15.99 + free shipping...hope it looks as good as it does in the pictures.
    I think you will be pleased with its overall appearance. In previous posts of mine, I have raved about the overall fit and the quality of the skin. The keyboard overall really impressed me. I find it very accurate and like how it allows the illumination of the keys to show through the skin. I have yet to see any other product like this one currently being offered.

01-06-09 12:15 AM
    just got mine!

fit is nice!.. typing actually feels easier ! too for some reason...

i however suck at putting the screen protector on.. and theres i guess what looks piece of lint underthere but it still looks really good... i didnt fix it because i havea feeling that i might just go and buy privacy screen from casemate!

but overall this is really nice... 16 bux... cant beat it... u get micro towel screen protector and the skin!
    01-06-09 01:52 AM
    one question and its pretty much the only reason im willing to get one of these other then the scratch factor ... drop proof ? anyone willing to try it out or already unfortunately has ?
    Sorry didnt see anyone answer this one.... Drop Proof ? Tested or guaranteed how does that whole thing work ?
    01-06-09 09:15 AM
    Sorry didnt see anyone answer this one.... Drop Proof ? Tested or guaranteed how does that whole thing work ?
    I have not read anything about the protection offered by the skin. I think that is why it is offered and advertised as a skin case. Case mate does offer other products that offer greater protection. Otterbox also offers a case that really protects the Bold.
    Speaking from experience, for my purposes, the case mate skin provides adequate protection for me. As previously stated above, I dropped my device onto pavement and the skin protected it just fine.
    To answer your question, I do not believe this product is offered nor comes with any formal protection policy.

01-06-09 09:56 AM
    i can live without policy as long as the thing works, its better if it works without policy that if it doesnt with policy ... like most governments
    01-06-09 10:45 AM
    I got mine in the mail yesterday and I love it. Very fast shipping from case-mate - I ordered Thursday and received it Monday. It fits perfectly and looks great. Before having it in-hand, I was concerned about how well the keyboard would work with the case on, but I agree with vietnameeh and find that typing does seem to be easier for some reason. I love how the lights are able to shine through the skin. My only complaint is that I wish the material had more of a grip to it similar to the OEM skin - at least on the back of the skin. It doesn't seem to "stick" in my hand as well as the OEM skin, but the protection is much better, so I guess you can't have it all. Overall, it's a great skin and gives me the daily protection I need without sacrificing the beauty of the phone.
    01-06-09 10:49 AM
    Does it look like you can cut the clear keyboard cover off without to much of a problem? Just curious if I don't care for the clear keyboard skin.
    01-06-09 12:10 PM
    ya it loosk pretty easy to xacto knife it off...

i dont think you want to... its actually really nice... its not clear by the way
    01-06-09 12:39 PM
    Does it look like you can cut the clear keyboard cover off without to much of a problem? Just curious if I don't care for the clear keyboard skin.
    It does not have a clear keyboard cover. The cover fits precisley over the keyboard as part of the skin without hindering your ability to type whatsoever. The keyboard protection is unique and probably one of the best features of the skin in my opinion.

01-06-09 02:02 PM
    It does not have a clear keyboard cover. The cover fits precisley over the keyboard as part of the skin without hindering your ability to type whatsoever. The keyboard protection is unique and probably one of the best features of the skin in my opinion.

I agree this is probably the best case I ever owned. Not too bulky, feels great in your hand, and definitely can take a beating if you put it up to the challenge.

Only thing it is a dust and lint magnet.
    01-06-09 02:48 PM
    Ordered mine today off Ebay. $15.99 plus free shipping. i saved $4.01. I just love deals. I cant wait to get it
    01-06-09 04:17 PM
    Ordered mine today off Ebay. $15.99 plus free shipping. i saved $4.01. I just love deals. I cant wait to get it
    I think the deals you guys are getting from Ebay are great.
    The only problem I have noticed is that the skins are only offered in black. Does anyone know if there are other colors being offered by Ebay vendors? I have yet to notice any but welcome feedback as I may order another one in white this time.

01-06-09 05:55 PM
    Just ordered one over here! Can't wait, looks pretty awesome.
    01-06-09 06:06 PM
461 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD