07-19-11 10:38 AM
461 1234 ...
tools
    Alright thanks for the review man, I might purchase it today. So there's no problem typing with the skin on? Also, is it easy to take off? The previous Siedio case I had broke off when I attempted to take it off for a battery pull... (However, Crackberry is sending me a replacement, though I don't know what exactly I'm going to do with it...)
    I find it very easy to type with the skin. The keyboard overlay is a great fit with no compromise. You will have to adjust your feel for the trackball but after several hours of use, I have adjusted and have no problems.

All of the ports are easy to access and the skin is very easy to remove and install.

The only negative as previously noted is that you have to take the skin off to dock it in the charging station.

Other than that, I am happy and think it is an excellent value.

I know that the skin is offered in black, white, red & purple right now. I am hoping that some other colors will be offered in the future such as blue, dark grey etc.
    12-24-08 10:10 PM
    Looks really bulky
    12-24-08 11:37 PM
    do you think that maybe with an exacto knife you would be able to cut out the "charging pods or contacts" on the side of the bottom of the bold? i was just wondering, becuase if you could that would be pretty neat. then you wouldnt have to take off the skin at all. of course, the thickness of the bold with the skin on may prevent it from going in the charger at all.
    12-24-08 11:42 PM
    Looks really bulky
    It's not bulky at all. Hardly adds any additional gurth to the device. I have no problem pocketing my Bold with the skin on.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-25-08 01:02 AM
    What kind of clip can you use with this to carry on your belt? One with the magnet of course.
    12-26-08 07:47 PM
    What kind of clip can you use with this to carry on your belt? One with the magnet of course.
    Based on the configuration & design of the skin, I do not believe it is possible to attach it to a belt. Please remember that it is just a skin and not a true case or holster. I like keeping my Bold in my pocket & feel that the case-mate smart skin offers adequate protection without a great deal of inconvenience in doing so.

12-26-08 09:20 PM
    Is there a Bold skin thin enough that it will still fit in the holster?
    12-26-08 11:44 PM
    wow, the white version of it looks so good.
    yea! i love the white one too.
    12-27-08 11:38 AM
    I like. I want.
    12-27-08 01:21 PM
    Hmm I ordered a case on the night of Christmas Eve and they haven't even sent a tracking number. However, they sent an e-mail saying that they processed my order. Does weekends count as business days by any chance?
    12-27-08 05:20 PM
    Hmm I ordered a case on the night of Christmas Eve and they haven't even sent a tracking number. However, they sent an e-mail saying that they processed my order. Does weekends count as business days by any chance?
    I would think that weekends and/or holidays do not count as normal business days. I ordered mine last Monday @ 5:00 am & received it on Wednesday afternoon.

12-27-08 09:33 PM
    You should receive an email with tracking info tomorrow. If you live on the east coast, I think there is a good chance you will get it on Wednesday. Remember that Thursday is a holiday.

12-28-08 04:30 PM
    You should receive an email with tracking info tomorrow. If you live on the east coast, I think there is a good chance you will get it on Wednesday. Remember that Thursday is a holiday.

I live in California. So am I expecting that I'll probably recieve it after Thurs? >_>
    12-28-08 06:42 PM
    I live in California. So am I expecting that I'll probably recieve it after Thurs? >_>
    You would probably receive it on Thursday if not for the holiday but you never know. Maybe you will get it on Wednesday if it goes out first thing Monday morning. Good luck.

12-28-08 08:05 PM
    You would probably receive it on Thursday if not for the holiday but you never know. Maybe you will get it on Wednesday if it goes out first thing Monday morning. Good luck.

Ah, I see, thanks. Just gotta wait for the e-mail with the tracking number now.
    12-28-08 08:52 PM
    Just out of curiosity, does this case attract dirt like the standard silicone ones you get in the store?
    12-29-08 03:36 PM
    Just out of curiosity, does this case attract dirt like the standard silicone ones you get in the store?
    The OEM silicon was made from "silicon"

The Smart skin was made from "carbon fiber", that means it doesn't attract dust like the silicon case.

I have a couple of silicon skin, and they made me sick after a few days. Now I am waiting for a smart skin, and I hope it will be better than the silicon skin.
    12-29-08 05:42 PM
    let me know how it is! thanks!
    12-29-08 05:56 PM
    I have the black smart skin so its probably the ideal color to masque dirt. As far as attracting dust & other debris, I have not noticed any problems with it. The material is different than the standard silicone case. I would like to order the white skin but am afraid I will get it dirty quickly. I wonder how hard it is to clean? I assume it will soil over time from the oil in the skin but I really like the way it looks. If not, I may wait for another color like blue or dark grey.

12-29-08 06:41 PM
    POTUS:
    Did you receive an email with the tracking info? Should be a fedex #. Just curious.

12-30-08 07:43 AM
    I ordered the white one and received the tracking no. when they reopened on 29th Dec...Seems pretty fast processing of order and good cust service....
    12-30-08 11:06 AM
    I ordered the white one and received the tracking no. when they reopened on 29th Dec...Seems pretty fast processing of order and good cust service....
    I have always been impressed with their quick processing time. Maybe it is just luck, but I have ordered items early in the morning and had them go out the same day. The only other vendor that had such speedy results like that was Tiger Direct. I have had good results ordering from case mate and I'm sure you will as well. Good luck.

When you get the white case, please post some pics in this forum topic. Thanks!
    12-30-08 07:47 PM
    Anyone else order one or better yet, received it?

12-31-08 12:52 PM
    Discount for case-mate website:

If you place an order between December 31 - January 2, you will receive a 20.09 % discount at checkout when you use the discount code "Happy2009"

Sorry for all of you that have already ordered but they have some really cool cases, skins & holsters. I've included the link below.

Blackberry Bold Accessories, BlackBerry Bold Cases - Case-mate
    12-31-08 08:30 PM
    amazon.com
    12-31-08 08:32 PM
461 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD