07-19-11 10:38 AM
461 ... 1516171819
tools
    My purple smartskin should be here monday. i will post pics when i get it!
    Can anyone post pics of the purple smartskin?

I'm using the black one (love it!) and I'm considering buying the purple one.
    03-04-09 03:27 PM
    Not the best pics but it's a dark purple.
    03-04-09 04:52 PM
    the case looks awesome i havent tried it but my friend has he said it was good
    03-04-09 05:21 PM
    Not the best pics but it's a dark purple.
    Thanks for posting the pics.
    Looks just like advertised.
    Will buy one in a minute
    03-04-09 06:00 PM
    Got mine yesterday (a black one). Love everything except the dim keyboard backlighting and recessed trackball.
    03-06-09 04:36 AM
    Got mine yesterday (a black one). Love everything except the dim keyboard backlighting and recessed trackball.
    Mine will be here next week and those are the 2 things that I was worried about. I was told that you eventually get used to the trackball and was wondering about how dim the keypad will be through the skin.

Chris
    03-06-09 05:11 AM
    Mine will be here next week and those are the 2 things that I was worried about. I was told that you eventually get used to the trackball and was wondering about how dim the keypad will be through the skin.

Chris
    You'll get used to the recessed trackball feel pretty fast. Keypad backlighting could be better, but it works for me.
    03-06-09 10:53 AM
    I waited a couple of weeks for the product to come off back order and received it from Case-Mate a couple of days ago. I have been using the OEM leather pouch and looked forward to having a protective case that allowed me freedom of use without having to pull the phone in and out of a pouch. Although the Smart Skin accomplishes this, I can't get over the way it alters the look of the phone. From a purely aesthetic standpoint the pouch beats it hands down. From a protection standpoint, they are equal, with the Case-Mate allowing for seamless phone use without "un-pouching" each time. I am switching back and forth for now, trying to decide whether practicality outweighs aesthetics. Also not crazy about the way the trackball becomes very recessed inside the Case-Mate. In any case it becomes a matter of preference and this will be decided on an individual basis. I wish that the magnet feature was somehow incorporated into the case to avoid the occasional calling from the pocket. Also a bit pricey at almost $30.00.
    03-06-09 11:19 AM
    Including shipping, my smart skin was $21 & change with a screen protector. Why so much @ $30?
    03-06-09 02:59 PM
    I waited a couple of weeks for the product to come off back order and received it from Case-Mate a couple of days ago. I have been using the OEM leather pouch and looked forward to having a protective case that allowed me freedom of use without having to pull the phone in and out of a pouch. Although the Smart Skin accomplishes this, I can't get over the way it alters the look of the phone. From a purely aesthetic standpoint the pouch beats it hands down. From a protection standpoint, they are equal, with the Case-Mate allowing for seamless phone use without "un-pouching" each time. I am switching back and forth for now, trying to decide whether practicality outweighs aesthetics. Also not crazy about the way the trackball becomes very recessed inside the Case-Mate. In any case it becomes a matter of preference and this will be decided on an individual basis. I wish that the magnet feature was somehow incorporated into the case to avoid the occasional calling from the pocket. Also a bit pricey at almost $30.00.
    I think the one advantage that the pouch has over the smart skin is the ability to put the device into sleep/stand-by mode automatically. From a protection standpoint, the smart skin offers more as you have to remove the Bold from the pouch to use it. It also seems easier to type on with the smart skin on. The keyboard overlay is unique as it is the only case or skin that I have seen so far that offers a constant level of protection over the keyboard.
    03-07-09 12:30 AM
    I received an email recently from case mate offering a 20% discount on all orders. When completing the checkout process, use the coupon code of MARCH20 to receive the discount.
    I just tried it and it worked. Unfortunately my order is on back order status but the coupon code worked as the 20% discount was applied accordingly.
    03-09-09 03:30 AM
    Mine should arrive some time this early afternoon! Can't wait!

Chris
    03-09-09 03:35 AM
    Did you ever get yours Chris?
    03-10-09 09:42 PM

Mine (Bold)
    03-10-09 10:38 PM
    Nice JReel...His & her Bolds?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-11-09 12:21 AM
    Here is my his and hers . I just hope this case is out for the 8900 when it finally comes to at&t
    03-11-09 12:48 AM
    I got mine too. Pretty nice so far. I've never owned a rubber skin for a phone, so it feels pretty weird to me, but I can see it's going to protect my Bold pretty well.

The included screen protector is nice and was very easy to install.

It's just barely too big to go in the stock holster though I might be able to work it a little bit looser with some wiggling, but I'll probably need to buy another holster now.
    03-11-09 02:04 AM
    It's just barely too big to go in the stock holster though I might be able to work it a little bit looser with some wiggling, but I'll probably need to buy another holster now.
    That's my current issue as well. I'm going to try and force something into the holster and let it sit for a few days to attempt to stretch it out. If I can get it to fit in the holster it will make me really want to use it.

Chris
    03-11-09 02:08 AM
    Nice JReel...His & her Bolds?

Yea, thats my girlfriends Curve, changing out her trackball soon lol
    03-11-09 02:41 AM
    Has anyone tried the back cover replacement from case mate?

03-13-09 12:19 AM
    here is a link to the review dooks88 did on it.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/rev...e-mate-142721/
    03-13-09 02:19 AM
    Yea, thats my girlfriends Curve, changing out her trackball soon lol
    If she hasn't had it very long tell her to be VERY careful when taking the phone in or out of the skin. I had my skin one my 8320 for ONE day when I pulled it out to do a battery pull, and as I was sliding the phone back in, it tore right above the trackball cutout. Now I'm not some dumb*** who tried to just shove it in or anything. I'm always VERY careful with my phones, and well everything! I've even replaced the housing on my phone 5 or 6 times with absolutely no issues! Anyway, needless to say I was livid. I wrote Case Mate an email about the whole deal, and still waiting to see what their Customer Support is like. Hopefully I got a defective one, and they really aren't that delicate, because if they are how the heck are they supposed to truly protect your phone?
    03-16-09 11:03 AM
    Dayum, looks like I may need to get a new skin. Mine tore at the hole for side speaker hole!!!

03-17-09 08:48 PM
    I just hope this case is out for the 8900 when it finally comes to at&t
    This is the message I got from case-mate a couple of days ago regarding the smart skin for the 8900

Thank you for your interest in the case-mate line of products. If your device has not been released, please check the website 2-3 weeks after the release date. The website will always have the current products available. Case-mate creates products for devices based on our line of products, our customer demand and the demand in the market. I will forward your request/inquiry to our design team.

Thank you,

Kim A.
    Customer Experience Group
    2048 Weems Rd.
    Tucker, GA. 30084
    770.888.9965 ph
    678.679.0871 fax
    - Case-Mate
    ''We appreciate your business''
    03-17-09 09:48 PM
    well just another couple weeks and i'll FINALLY have the damn case. it better be worth the wait, lol. it's now sitting at my girlfriends mom's house.

fingers crossed!
    03-28-09 06:00 PM
461 ... 1516171819
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD