07-19-11 10:38 AM
461 ... 1415161718 ...
tools
    Most vendors are stilling showing these as backordered? Is the shop here in crackberry currently shipping them? Anyone got one recently from crackberry?
    02-25-09 10:37 AM
    Anyone still checking this forum topic or are we dead?
    02-26-09 09:30 PM
    I Still Want One!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    02-26-09 10:31 PM
    Dr. Bold:

I take it you never found reasonable shipping to the great white north? You must be able to locate one of these in Canada somewhere...I hope?
    02-26-09 10:33 PM
    my girlfriend is american and she'll be going home to visit her mom soon. i'll just have one sipped to her mom's house.
    02-26-09 10:36 PM
    Your patience will pay off Dr. Bold

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-26-09 11:59 PM
    I know case mate still shows many of their smart skins still on backorder status. I did notice that a few Ebay vendors have them ready to ship.

02-27-09 08:01 AM
    Is there any discount code for this product and does anyone know how much shipping is to the UK? Cheers

02-27-09 08:12 AM
    after reading everything and looking at the pictures this case is great but the otterbox impact silicone case is preferred by me. it doesnt cover the keyboard or trackball but protects everything else. It also has thicker rubber on the edges that i think will save it better from a drop.

i suggest you take a look at it.

i wouldnt want anything covering the great bold keyboard and covering the light shining through it. Also it looks like a pain to use the trackball with that thing on.

Go with the otterbox

http://cgi.ebay.com/Otterbox-New-Impact-Case-for-Blackberry-Bold-9000-Cover_W0QQitemZ310122564366QQcmdZViewItemQQptZPDA_ Accessories?hash=item310122564366&_trksid=p3286.c0 .m14&_trkparms=72%3A1234|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240 %3A1318|301%3A0|293%3A1|294%3A50
    02-27-09 01:14 PM
    I'm sure there is a thread for the otterbox already. Do you happen to work for them?

02-27-09 01:57 PM
    [QUOTE=aliencds;1808073]after reading everything and looking at the pictures this case is great but the otterbox impact silicone case is preferred by me. it doesnt cover the keyboard or trackball but protects everything else. It also has thicker rubber on the edges that i think will save it better from a drop.

i suggest you take a look at it.

i wouldnt want anything covering the great bold keyboard and covering the light shining through it. Also it looks like a pain to use the trackball with that thing on.

Go with the otterbox

Your comments and praise for the Otterbox are duly noted but your critique of the smart skin is really based on pure ignorance. I am not sure how you can criticize something without even trying it or using it. Have you read the numerous posting in this thread topic as well as others regarding the smart skin for other devices? Most of the feedback is positive.

The fact that the skin overlays the keys actually makes it easier to type on but yes, it does dull some of the keyboard illumination.
    I am glad you have had a positive experience with the Otterbox but there is no real need for you to criticize the smart skin without practical experience regarding the matter.

I'm sure the Otterbox is very nice, well constructed and protects the Bold well just as the smart skin does.
    02-27-09 02:15 PM
    I wonder if I go ahead and get the extended battery it will tighten up my skin since it has become a little loose.....
    02-27-09 02:17 PM
    Try my freezing trick Supertone, it worked for me.
    02-27-09 02:25 PM
    Try my freezing trick Supertone, it worked for me.
    I may do this, but I don't want to keep putting it on and taking it off to keep tightening it up..
    02-27-09 02:43 PM
    I may do this, but I don't want to keep putting it on and taking it off to keep tightening it up..
    The more you take the skin off, the more it will stretch. That is just a natural characteristic of rubber. I take mine off every night to dock it in the desktop stand. That is why it stretches so much and becomes loose. Not a real big deal though as I tighten it up every couple of weeks in the freezer for a few hours or so and back to new again until the next time.
    02-27-09 02:49 PM
    I'm sure there is a thread for the otterbox already. Do you happen to work for them?

no i dont work for otterbox. just think the otterbox is worth mention in a thread full of talk about this amazing rubber smart skin case. This is a similiar case that doesnt cover the keyboard. some in this thread were asking about cutting off the keyboard portion and what not. They can buy this instead.
    02-28-09 01:59 AM
    crackberry store says they'll probably ship by the 3rd. I canceled my previous order and reordered it with the birthday discount code
    02-28-09 02:59 AM
    no i dont work for otterbox. just think the otterbox is worth mention in a thread full of talk about this amazing rubber smart skin case. This is a similiar case that doesnt cover the keyboard. some in this thread were asking about cutting off the keyboard portion and what not. They can buy this instead.
    I am still not a fan of Otterbox. The Smart Skin a bit more sleek imho.

02-28-09 03:04 AM
    My purple smartskin should be here monday. i will post pics when i get it!
    02-28-09 07:53 AM
    Funny thing about the Otterbox, I found this thread here regarding problems with it. Not to say any case or skin is perfect but...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/ott...oblems-135367/
    03-01-09 01:55 AM
    Funny thing about the Otterbox, I found this thread here regarding problems with it. Not to say any case or skin is perfect but...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/ott...oblems-135367/
    they arent talking about the otterbox silicone case. i believe they are talking about the hard case.
    03-01-09 03:58 AM
    Sorry about that. Please disregard the posting. I should have checked it better before posting.

03-01-09 11:05 AM
    My purple smartskin should be here monday. i will post pics when i get it!
    I purchased a purple smart skin for an 8320. Fits like a glove just like mine on the Bold. The purple color almost looks more like a dark blue.
    03-02-09 12:49 AM
    i always love the otterbox impact series, but its shipping charges is freaking expensive
    03-02-09 08:19 AM
    The Otterbox looks like it offers a high level of protection but adds a lot of bulk to the Bold. I like to keep mine in my pocket so I did not consider the Otterbox but would if I clipped it to a belt or pocket.
    03-04-09 10:57 AM
461 ... 1415161718 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD