07-19-11 11:38 AM
461 ... 1314151617 ...
tools
    Where do they have the silver in stock? I'm dying for one but could never find it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    It seems that your local host of crackberry has stocked up on these smart skins as some of the more recent posts have received them from the store here.
    02-16-09 07:00 AM
    Hey guys - I'll try and post pics of the silver one when I get home after work. I have switched back to my innocase b/c early in the morning and at night I can't see the keys!! So frustrating b/c the case is great except for that. I may have to order the black one.
    02-16-09 11:10 AM
    Hey guys - I'll try and post pics of the silver one when I get home after work. I have switched back to my innocase b/c early in the morning and at night I can't see the keys!! So frustrating b/c the case is great except for that. I may have to order the black one.
    May be a stupid question but did you adjust the backlight to the brightest setting? I know from personal experience that the default setting adjusts the screen & keyboard backlight as the ambient light conditions change. In a dark environment, the keyboard along with the screen will dim.
    02-16-09 11:40 AM
    May be a stupid question but did you adjust the backlight to the brightest setting? I know from personal experience that the default setting adjusts the screen & keyboard backlight as the ambient light conditions change. In a dark environment, the keyboard along with the screen will dim.
    yeah, I had tried that. The only keys I can ever see are the numbers. The rest are too dark.

Pretty bad pics on here. LOL the Bold is the best camera I own, so I had to use an old phone to take pics of it
    02-16-09 10:24 PM
    Nikkomc:
    Almost looks like white rubber with the carbon design in silver. Looks nice to me but I wonder how it handles dirt and how easy it is to clean...
    02-16-09 10:39 PM
    Has anyone tried sanding the backside of the QWERTY area to see if the light shines through brighter??

I assume you mean sanding with a sand paper? The skin is composed of rubber/silicon so I'm not sure how sanding would help.
    02-17-09 11:03 AM
    those of u whom has had the skin for a min, is the skin becoming looser?? Mine seems to have lost some of it's tight fit.
    02-17-09 11:28 AM
    Still nice and snug and I use it just about everyday
    02-17-09 12:31 PM
    I have 2 skins so I can change color as the mood strikes me. I have had NO problem with them loosening up with wear. They are as tight as the day I got them.
    02-17-09 01:19 PM
    those of u whom has had the skin for a min, is the skin becoming looser?? Mine seems to have lost some of it's tight fit.
    I have had mine for a couple of months now and find it to fit a bit looser than when new as is to be expected. Rubber tends to stretch over time.

One small trick of sorts that worked for me was to freeze my smart skin overnight in my freezer and then allow it to thaw a bit in the refrigerator. It worked as the skin was much tighter when I put it back on my Bold.

Just one thing...after removing it from the freezer then refrigerator, blot it dry with a paper towel or something as there is a bit of moisture that you do not want ruining your device.
    02-17-09 01:38 PM
    Looks like case mate still has these on backorder status.
    Thought by now they would be shipping again.

02-19-09 01:22 AM
    I wonder if these will be available for the 8900 soon?
    02-19-09 01:25 AM
    Usually after the first month or two of a release will they start offering cases & accessories in limited supply.
    02-19-09 11:06 AM
    Did you ever get your issue resolved Dr. Bold? Any reasonable shipping to Canada?

02-20-09 01:55 AM
    Yea this case looks like the real deal im very interested in getting it BUT shipping to Canada is ridiculous (more $$$ than the case itself) Does anyone know if its available in Canada (suggestion of places i could look) or if there is any reasonable shipping??? Thanx
    Last edited by Kirani; 02-20-09 at 08:47 PM.
    02-20-09 05:58 PM
    Another frequent poster in this thread, username Dr. Bold had the same problem as shipping to Canada was very expensive. He had bad luck dealing with an Ebay vendor too.
    02-21-09 11:19 AM
    Mine lost it's tight fit as well. I have two-one in black and one in silver. When the black one became loose, I switched to the silver for a couple of weeks. I just switched back to the black and it is just like new. Maybe it needs time to relax? Who knows? I love this case anyway.
    02-21-09 11:47 AM
    Has anyone tried the 3-pair skins from AT&T? They come in Blue, Red, White 3-pack and have cutouts for the drop-in charger.

Edit: these cases are from Body Glove
    Last edited by whsbuss; 02-21-09 at 11:00 PM.
    02-21-09 09:16 PM
    Mine lost it's tight fit as well. I have two-one in black and one in silver. When the black one became loose, I switched to the silver for a couple of weeks. I just switched back to the black and it is just like new. Maybe it needs time to relax? Who knows? I love this case anyway.
    In low light or darkness, can you still see the keys OK on the silver skin?
    02-23-09 01:29 AM
    I just ordered the black case mate skin since I don't really like the crystal innocase that I bought. Doesn't feel right in my hands and I feel like it gets in the way of the left and right edge keys and with moving the trackball up. Hopefully I like this case or I'm going to have two cases to sell.

Chris
    02-23-09 01:34 AM
    Has anyone tried the 3-pair skins from AT&T? They come in Blue, Red, White 3-pack and have cutouts for the drop-in charger.

Edit: these cases are from Body Glove
    Check out my review on these
    02-23-09 01:35 AM
    Check out my review on these
    Thanks good review!
    02-23-09 07:29 AM
    Nice job JReel.
    02-24-09 06:41 PM
    no problem, i'll have more content coming up
    02-24-09 07:02 PM
    no problem, i'll have more content coming up
    Let us know when you do.