07-19-11 10:38 AM
461 ... 1213141516 ...
tools
    Getting the Smart Skin delivered tomorrow, can't wait!!!!
    02-11-09 08:29 PM
    Did you buy it from case mate or a vendor on Ebay?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-12-09 12:21 AM
    Did you buy it from case mate or a vendor on Ebay?

Bought on Crackberry.com
    02-12-09 01:49 AM
    Just curious as some posts are indicating a shortage of these skins. I guess crackberry stocked up!
    02-12-09 12:36 PM
    Did you get it?

02-12-09 11:49 PM
    IT looks like this case is back in STOCK! I checked on ebay and do see a few results and also Casemate have them too now. About time!
    02-13-09 12:40 AM
    I would have to say at this point the seller probably ran into the same problem as others with the skins being on backorder status unless he just ripped you off or it really did get lost.

I just finished filing a paypal dispute. I was going to wait until early next week, but luckily i looked into how to do the dispute earlier tonight, and you have 45 days to file. i think today was 42 or 43.

I'm willing to bet the first one he shipped got lost, and he never actually shipped the second one...

crappy thing though, is i still want the damn case and now i have to buy from someplace else.
    02-13-09 12:46 AM
    Did you get it?

Yeah I got it today. Case looks great, nice fit and no problems with the QWERTY keys. The side buttons are covered though but I roughly know where they are. Keys are a bit difficult to see in low or dim light. The screen protector comes with it but I'm not sure how long that will last so I stocked up on ones from BSE as backups.
    T
    here is no perfect case out there, everyone has advantages and disadvantages. You have to ultimately find the one that fits your needs.

Overall I would definitely recommend. I'm very satisfied.
    02-13-09 01:08 AM
    I ordered mine from Crackberry (where else?) last week and it arrived this week. $5.95 shipping. In my opinion, here are the pros and cons:

Pros:
    - Great protection (even from minor spills, since the keyboard is covered up);
    - WAY easier to type with the skin on;
    - Comes with a screen protector and soft cloth--good deal for $19.99;
    - The silicone rubber is textured and has a nice feel to it;
    - Covers up the shiny trim for a very masculine all-black look;

Cons:
    - Trackball is a little harder to use, but manageable;
    - Keys are a little dimmer at night, but not so much that you can't see them;
    - It's a shame to cover up such a beautiful phone;
    - The black rubber picks up a small bit of pocket lint and fuzz;
    - Covers up the shiny trim for a very masculine all-black look.

Cheers,
    B.
    02-13-09 01:56 AM
    Dr. Bold:
    Any chance you can order direct from case mate?
    At least you would be dealing with the company directly.

02-13-09 02:21 PM
    Just ordered mine today from Crackberry since they are all backordered on Case-Mate's site. I wanted the white one but neither CB or CM have them in stock, so I went with them black. I will just have to order the white when it comes in stock. I can't wait!!
    02-13-09 02:52 PM
    nice case, check out my video review
    02-13-09 03:47 PM
    I got the silver one this week (looks white when you order it, but it is actually silver). Anyways, I love it except for one thing: I can't see any of the keys at night. None of them let the light through. Anyone with the silver case have this issue? Can everyone see them with the black one?
    02-13-09 03:51 PM
    Dr. Bold:
    Any chance you can order direct from case mate?
    At least you would be dealing with the company directly.

i haven't found any retailer that will ship to Canada for less than $20.
    02-13-09 09:22 PM
    Sorry about that Dr. Bold, I forgot you are a northern neighbor.
    Any luck with crackberry shop? How much are the shipping costs from them? Can't be too bad shipping from Florida to Canada, can it?
    02-13-09 09:42 PM
    no, shipping from US to Canada isn't bad as long as you use USPS. But it seems that most sellers are only offering one shipping method. I suppose I could call and ask if they would ship via another method.
    02-13-09 09:47 PM
    I would give it a try, can't hurt to ask.

Besides, a loyal Blackberry patron such as yourself deserves a break!

Good luck
    02-13-09 09:49 PM
    I got the silver one this week (looks white when you order it, but it is actually silver). Anyways, I love it except for one thing: I can't see any of the keys at night. None of them let the light through. Anyone with the silver case have this issue? Can everyone see them with the black one?
    Please post some pics. The only ones available in this forum are of black ones.
    02-14-09 02:57 PM
    yes, pictures of the silver one would be great!
    02-14-09 07:39 PM
    Not that its relevant to this topic but I did just get a smart skin for an 8320 and its just as nice as it is for my Bold. I actually got the purple one and its not a bad color at all. Looks more like a dark blue/navy.
    02-15-09 03:52 AM
    anyone please post pic of the white or silver version
    02-15-09 11:31 AM
    Has anyone tried sanding the backside of the QWERTY area to see if the light shines through brighter??

02-15-09 04:26 PM
    Where do they have the silver in stock? I'm dying for one but could never find it.

02-15-09 10:00 PM
    Where do they have the silver in stock? I'm dying for one but could never find it.

02-15-09 10:03 PM
    Has anyone tried sanding the backside of the QWERTY area to see if the light shines through brighter??

i think that will be a bit too difficult, since it is silicone. it is like trying to sand down a rubberband. i think it will only lead to eventually ripping.
    02-15-09 11:06 PM
461 ... 1213141516 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD