07-19-11 10:38 AM
461 ... 1011121314 ...
tools
    Any good news yet Dr. Bold?
    i have been in contact with the seller. he said he mailed out another one yesterday. we'll see. today i received an order that i placed 2 weeks after the smart skin was shipped. at least now i have a silicone case and screen protector for the time being.

the seller has been relatively reasonable. there was a spell where he didn't respond to my emails, but i think i got his attention. if and when the case arrives i would feel comfortable leaving a fairly positive reference for him on ebay.
    01-27-09 11:03 PM
    Still can't believe you had to wait this long.

Patience is truly a virtue worthwhile of mastering.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-28-09 12:40 AM
    Well I guess I shouldnt be so hasty in calling PP Im just as anxshus as you. I think if you dont recive the product that has been paid for, dont you get your money back?? They said they shipped it, they are a power seller, so I do have faith, I'm just getting impatient.
    Oh and I missed 420 today
    did you receive your skin yet?? I still haven't gotten a response or received my skin...Time is up, I may contact ebay about this seller.

Dr. Bold, who was your ebay seller?
    01-28-09 08:12 AM
    Will Paypal assist you in tracking down the items?
    01-28-09 12:14 PM
    I think I may need to apologize to the ebay seller...the package was delivered on the 6th. I recall getting a package from a co-worker but I don't recall what it was...I need to look around my house real good in case I threw it somewhere... Hopefully i didn't throw it in the trash...
    Last edited by SuperTone; 02-01-09 at 03:17 PM.
    01-28-09 12:44 PM
    That would really suck if you tossed it out Supertone. I see that someone else started a forum topic about this smart skin.
    I never realized that it was so popular.
    01-28-09 05:28 PM
    did you receive your skin yet?? I still haven't gotten a response or received my skin...Time is up, I may contact ebay about this seller.

Dr. Bold, who was your ebay seller?
    calportproducts was the seller.
    01-28-09 08:50 PM
    How well does this fit into the OEM pouch?
    I don't see the charge dock ports open on this.
    01-28-09 09:40 PM
    I am unable to use the Blackberry OEM pouch with the skin on. There are previous posts of people finding a holster that allows the skin to be on with no problem.

You also have to remove the skin to put in the desktop charger. I can assure you that it only takes seconds to remove the skin or put it on.
    01-28-09 10:42 PM
    A few people also suggested modifying the skin so it can be placed in the charger without removing the skin.
    Although I have never been brave enough to attempt this type of modification, I feel it would be a real tight fit anyway.
    I tried to dock it in the charger with the skin on but just can't get it to seat right.
    Anyone else try this?

01-29-09 12:28 AM
    Got my Smart skin today from ebay seller calportproducts. Shipping seemed a little slow, email claimed it shipped on the 22nd, I ran the tracking # after it arrived and found it didn't ship till the 26th.

This skin is a big improvement over the Otterbox Defender for me. Much smaller, easy fit in either shirt or pants pocket and the speaker phone works. Key pad does seem to be slightly dimmer but I have no problem seeing it. I would not throw it across the room to check the protection but it would definitely survive a 5 foot drop to concrete.

I highly recommend the product and the eBay seller.
    01-29-09 04:22 PM
    Haha I dropped my Bold today for the first time. Five feet, face down onto rough and dirty asphalt. The skin got a bit dirty but I didn't notice any road rash at all. I think the pressure must have gone through the skin though because there's a little puncture wound on my screen protector. I'm just glad that's all that happened!
    01-29-09 04:43 PM
    I think the case mate skin offers a higher grade of protection when compared to the generic silicon skins available. The screen protector is also a nice feature too.

01-30-09 12:44 AM
    Yea i like that about some manufacturers that they will include a little something extra, besides these cases get made a dime a dozen
    01-30-09 02:17 AM
    I have 2 Case mate skins and love them both.
    I called Shop Crackberry yesterday to find out if there was a side case that would hold my Bold with its skin and still use the sleep function. The rep said that they had NO cases that would accomodate the Bold with a skin on.
    Also, I tried to cut out an opening for the pod contacts. The thickness of the skin prevented the contacts from touching the contacts in the charging pod, and, yes, it was a very tight fit.
    As was said in a previous post, removing the skin is about a 2 second operation ( as opposed to 3 to get it back on). I can live with that.
    BTW the Sena Cases side pouch for the Cingular 8525 is perfect for a skinned Bold if you don't need the sleep function.
    01-30-09 06:03 AM
    I have the Cingualr 8525 with a holster case so I will have to try it out and see if it works with the Bold.

Thanks for the information.
    01-30-09 03:01 PM
    The generic silicon case will fit in my charger but it is a rather cheap skin that offers little protection and can hardly be compared to the smart skin.

01-30-09 10:22 PM
    Yea i like that about some manufacturers that they will include a little something extra, besides these cases get made a dime a dozen
    Have to agree with JReel. For $19.99, you get a high quality skin offering protection over the keyboard & a screen protector. Not a bad deal at all.

01-31-09 10:56 PM
    calportproducts was the seller.
    Did u get urs yet? I reordered one, hopefully I'll get it soon. As soon as I get it I will put it right on.

02-01-09 03:21 PM
    Ordered my skin from CaseMate today. Said they were on backorder. Hope it's not to long. Just got my Bold and want to protect it without making it bulky>
    02-01-09 05:21 PM
    Did u get urs yet? I reordered one, hopefully I'll get it soon. As soon as I get it I will put it right on.

nope... 4 weeks and counting.
    02-01-09 10:44 PM
    There are some other forums here that discuss the case mate skin. From what I've been reading, people are having a difficult time finding the skins available. They are reported as back ordered from the case mate website and ebay resellers are dropping off too.
    Maybe that is why some of you are waiting so long.
    I feel for you Dr. Bold - just hope you were not taken.
    02-02-09 02:02 AM
    nope... 4 weeks and counting.
    wow, someone else just received one from our ebay seller. Have they given you a recent update?

update: received my smart skin today...great product and the screen protector is great. now i don't have to worry about the smudges. I was also able to fit it in my original holster..I just squeezed it in and out to loosing it up a bit and it works...

good luck people
    Last edited by SuperTone; 02-02-09 at 12:14 PM.
    02-02-09 07:42 AM
    If you are in the Atlanta area, Case-Mate just opened a kiosk in the Mall of Georgia right next to the ATT Kioske. They have every case, skin, battery door, etc there you could want. If you can't wait and do not mind MSRP, its the place to go. Plus you get 30 day return.
    02-02-09 04:30 PM
    I did not know that case mate has retail stores. Is this something exclusive in the Atlanta area?

02-02-09 05:51 PM
461 ... 1011121314 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD