Will a holster be coming with this in its final release or one of those sleeves that i will put in my pile of useless crap

or maybe nothing? anyone heard anything?
    the reason i ask is because i'm starting to see cases labeled for it online. and i was even told by a guy at pacific mall(asian mall in toronto) that he will have holsters coming in for it by next week.
    09-12-09 07:29 PM
    It will probably come with that sleeve and I don't like them either... Good news is that almost any case that holds an 8900 should hold the 9700.

Also I am using the car cradle from ProClip that was made for the 8900 and it works great as well for those that are interested....

PG
    09-12-09 08:05 PM
    It will probably come with that sleeve and I don't like them either... Good news is that almost any case that holds an 8900 should hold the 9700.

Also I am using the car cradle from ProClip that was made for the 8900 and it works great as well for those that are interested....

PG
    Exactly! i am using handy pouch of 8900 for Onyx.......
    09-13-09 01:25 AM
    good to know that it will work with the 8900 cases. but i was kinda hoping since it seems the top end bbs always came with holsters i would get one again. haha bet rim come out with a new holster for 9700 that is the same as the 8900 and market it for the onyx at twice the price.
    09-13-09 03:27 AM
    hope it comes with a holster that wont drain the battery life
    09-13-09 06:50 AM
    My bold came with a holster. It was a nice surprise because it wasn't listed on the whats in the box list, so I spent $30.00 to buy one... and I threw away the package before I found it in the box.
    09-13-09 07:36 AM
    I like the sleeve better...
    09-13-09 09:19 AM
    I enjoy the included holster with the current bold, so hopefully RIM will include one on the new release!!
    09-13-09 09:32 AM
    well if they do include one i hope its better quality then the bold one. the materials they used were so hard that the leather or pleather like material started to chrack. i think i've gone through like 3 OEM holsters since i got my bold
    09-13-09 10:23 AM
    It will most likely come with a holster when it releases!
    09-13-09 10:25 AM
    I hate those stupid leather sleeves that come with many blackberries... I never use them.. very useless in my opinion lol.
    09-13-09 01:05 PM
    I HATE the holsters and prefer the Sleeves.
    I'll be happy to take the sleeves if you don't want them
    09-13-09 03:16 PM
    LOL...

I guess this proves that no matter what they include half the people won't like it...

PG
    09-13-09 09:54 PM
    seems like it. but i guess thats something to worry about the day after i sleep at a rogers to line up and get one lol
    09-13-09 11:47 PM
    Sleeves are much nicer, I can't abide wearing things on my belt, feel a right ninny. They just remind me of bumbags :/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-14-09 02:17 AM
    well if they do include one i hope its better quality then the bold one. the materials they used were so hard that the leather or pleather like material started to chrack. i think i've gone through like 3 OEM holsters since i got my bold
    If you've gone through 3 of them my question would be; What are you doing to them? I'm sure that you can get "better" quality after market but you would expect that since you are paying for it.

However, having said that, I haven't had any problem with the BB holsters provided with the Bold or Tour. Yes, I think the Tour holster was cheaper but still a relatively good one.

I don't doubt your experience, I just think you may be laying more on the holster than it deserves.
    09-14-09 11:42 AM
    If you've gone through 3 of them my question would be; What are you doing to them? I'm sure that you can get "better" quality after market but you would expect that since you are paying for it.

However, having said that, I haven't had any problem with the BB holsters provided with the Bold or Tour. Yes, I think the Tour holster was cheaper but still a relatively good one.

I don't doubt your experience, I just think you may be laying more on the holster than it deserves.
    ohh i absolutley abuse them. but i remember my 8800 holster and old curve holster doing better with wear. i think it was just softer leather.
    09-14-09 12:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD