I would like to buy a holster.
    I want one that is "face out" and still has sleep mode.
    I noticed that with the bb pouch that comes with the pearl it doesn't matter what side you put it on it will go into sleep mode. Does anyone know if the Facein holsters will accomodate the pearl facing out also? thank you
    12-04-07 02:52 PM
    it really depends on whether it is designed for hte Blackberry or not. all of the ones that are, that I have seen, have the magnet in there that will put the BB to sleep. Some of the hard plastic holsters will only accomodate the BB facing in one direction, so be careful with that.
    12-04-07 03:09 PM
    The leather BB one I bought can take the Pearl either way and the unit goes to standby. It's the BB vertical with a swivelling clip.
    12-04-07 03:47 PM
    What's the difference between having the magnet put it to sleep or just not touching it for a few seconds and having the screen go dark on it's own?
    12-04-07 04:51 PM
    It is to save on battery.
    12-04-07 05:00 PM
    Why do you want your pearl to face out? I have the Seidio holster for face in and it works perfectly! With the felt linner, the holster protects the screen and its no problem at all to snap your BB out and look if you have a call.
    12-04-07 05:42 PM
    I would like it to face out so I don't have to take the phone out of the holster everytime I use it. I would like it to automatically go into sleep mode when I holster it(to conserve battery), but I would like to be able to touch the top button to reactivate with out taking it out of holster. I've been reading and I don't think this Posible. So don't know what I'm going to buy.
    12-04-07 06:27 PM
    If your device is on sleep mode, it wouldn't "wake up" unless you remove it from the proximity of a magnet. So if you need to get a outside facing holster, it needs will have to be those that do no have a magnet or sleeper function.
    12-04-07 06:35 PM
    My problem is that the only holster I like has the magnet! ugh!
    12-04-07 11:23 PM
    i just got my holster in the mail today, i picked the Seidio. its a bit more expensive than the regular plastic ones but i think its worth it. it has a magnet for the "sleep" mode and the inside of the holster is felt so the screen doesn't get scratched up.

*edit* sorry... i didn't see tce921's post!
    Last edited by Airgasms; 12-04-07 at 11:48 PM.
    12-04-07 11:43 PM
    I have the holster that came with the VZW 8130. It's a simple black leather pouch. There's only one way to put the 8130 into the case for sleep (or standby) mode: upright with the screen facing the magnetic strip. It's unfortunate that the camera lens isn't really protected by the leather in that position.

So I use the holster a lot, assuming that it's as good as pressing and holding the mute button in terms of battery conservation. Does anyone know if I'm right about that?
    12-30-07 07:01 PM
    Yep.. you're correct.
    12-30-07 07:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD