I did a dearch and didn't come up with a lot of information. I have a Blackberry Side Holster, my Storm 2 is not going to sleep in it. Where exactly does the magnet location need to be to get it to work?
    12-03-09 02:22 PM
    Bottom in, usually facing in on most holsters.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-03-09 02:27 PM
    Nothing seems to be putting it into sleep mode
    12-03-09 03:42 PM
    I have a magnetic case from my curve and it doesn't always activate sleep mode for some reason. I was testing and the magnet only set off the sensor 1 out of ten times

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-03-09 05:07 PM
    I bought the BB Storm2 case and didn't like it (too tight), so I then bought the BB Tour case (both bought from CB, by the way ). Unfortunately, the Tour case didn't put my Storm2 into sleep mode, so I did some experimenting and found that, looking at the Storm2 in portrait mode, the magnet needs to be slightly above dead-center (2" down from the top). So, I cut the magnet out of the flap on the Storm2 case, made a slit inside the lining of the Tour case at the correct spot, and inserted the magnet inside the lining. Then used some Elmer's glue to seal it up and voil: Custom-made Storm2/Tour hybrid case.
    12-03-09 05:42 PM
    I found on my S2, the magnet needs to be about 1 inch in from the side the charging port is on, and at the same height as the port. I used a low power ceramic magnet and that worked great. I am sure iwth a strogner magnet, it will be a bigger area. I have NdFeB magnets coming and will try it out with them
    12-03-09 07:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD