Getting my first Blackberry...just don't love my iPhone3G that I tried after my Palm Centro. Picked up a 9000, brand new in the box for under $200.

Anyway...

I want to immediately put a skin on it. I'm wondering which skins also protect the chrome frame as well? From what I can see, it looks as if the Best Skins Ever and the Inivisisheld do not. Look like the Phantom Skins do and possibly the BodyGuardz.

Am I right? Any others to suggest?

Thanks.
    10-05-10 06:23 PM
    I was looking at the BSE for my Torch yesterday and it appears to cover everything. I just checked out the BSE for the 9000 and it looks like it covers the "chrome" frame. The chrome color will eventually come off and expose the black plastic underneath so it's best to cover it up if you can.

Check out the image of the screen cutout...
    Blackberry 9000 Bold Skins

Looks like it will do the sides of the bezel.

There is also a product called BodyGuardz.
    10-06-10 10:17 AM
    9000 - www.Degasis.net - Authorized Dealer of Epik Case Products for Smartphones - Blackberry Iphone Etc.

Love these things. Super affordable, the look and fit is excellent, and it will protect your chrome bezel.
    10-06-10 11:45 AM
    From what I can see, the BSE and Zagg cover the sides of the chrome but not the very top.

See the Phantom:
    Phantom Skinz - Clear Protection Film for Blackberry Bold

You can see in their pattern that it starts at the top and bends over to then cover the chrome sides too.
    10-06-10 12:21 PM
    9000 - www.Degasis.net - Authorized Dealer of Epik Case Products for Smartphones - Blackberry Iphone Etc.

Love these things. Super affordable, the look and fit is excellent, and it will protect your chrome bezel.
    If you're looking for more of a case type thing, the Epik is the way to go. Great protection, and it still slides into your pocket easily. I had one on my Bold 9000 and I LOVED it!!! But if you're looking for just a clear "film" type of skin, the Epik is not for you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-06-10 12:22 PM
    If you're looking for more of a case type thing, the Epik is the way to go. Great protection, and it still slides into your pocket easily. I had one on my Bold 9000 and I LOVED it!!! But if you're looking for just a clear "film" type of skin, the Epik is not for you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Good call. I guess I didn't read far enough into his post to see which ones he was looking at. When I hear skin case, I think... Well, skin case (such as epik or the RIM silicon skins). LoL.
    10-06-10 07:27 PM
    It can be hard at times cause when some people say "skin" they mean something along the lines of the BB silicon skin (which is what I think of), and other people say "skin" when they're referring to the body "sheild". I just assumed the OP meant the latter as they referenced the Invisible Shield, BSE, Phantom, and Bodyguardz.

But ya never know... I have been wrong before... only once though
    10-06-10 07:51 PM
    Thanks for the help. Ordered the Phantom tonight after I found a 20% off coupon.
    10-06-10 09:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD