View Poll Results: Your new bold is or will be ...

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • skinned

7 18.42%
  • skinned w/holster

12 31.58%
  • holster only

16 42.11%
  • naked

3 7.89%
    What are or what do you plan to do with your Bold ... skin, skin and holster, holster only or neither. Discuss.
    10-25-08 03:03 PM
    This is a question, im still pondering. I need to get myself a perfect case for my bold but i have not come across a case which is intriguing. I hate silicon, otterbox, and leather cases. I do like a skin case but i wonder how long could it last. i will not need a holster for my bold use. I wish I had more options when it comes to bold cases. I guess I will have to go with OEM skin case.
    10-25-08 03:26 PM
    i just got the best skins ever bold skin through the mail today. i'll post my findings when i have it on. personally i wouldnt worry about anything other than the screen too much, as all the parts can be bought seperately online and refitted if you break then. scratch your bezel up? /415. bust your battery cover? $25. you can even get a new screen for $80. ok, keep it in good shape, but i promise inside of 2 years you'll be throwing it away for the next model. remember when the 8300 had just come out?
    10-25-08 03:34 PM
    I wish this topic was in a general discussion forum as I was just thinking about this today. My holster broke yesterday and I ordered a new one. But I was thinking do I want to get a skin also or should I have bought a skin instead.

I like the holster as its convenient to carry it around but then my BlackBerry is naked when it is out. The skin would be great protection but then do I carry it in my pocket or hold it all day? The best of both worlds is both but would the skin stretch the holster or not fit at all.

I hope others come to this thread as I would like to know what people are doing.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-25-08 03:53 PM
    I started the poll to try and get an idea of what other peeps were doing/going to do. I am a Seidio fan, and I am torn between a holster only (which will cause damage to the top of the device no matter what, it is going to happen) or a skin (which hides the back of the device, pretty much) and a holster. *sigh*
    10-25-08 04:00 PM
    don't you think the seidio cases are expensive?
    10-25-08 04:08 PM
    This is my fear as a member of the "Clumsy 1 Fraternity" -
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/bol...-easily-86356/
    10-25-08 04:17 PM
    don't you think the seidio cases are expensive?
    Yes. I have given them a lot of my money over the past year and a half. A case for a Curve, one for an 8820 and three different holsters (one for unskinned Curve, one for skinned curve and then skinned 8820 -- I know everyone wanted to know all of that). But, I love their holsters. Seidio is quality stuff. However, I am kicking around the idea of just a holster for my to-be Bold and maybe a few different color battery covers.
    10-25-08 04:22 PM
    ok, just put the main part of the skin on. the main issue at the moment is that the skin goes over the screen and then round the bezel and down to the plate where the carrier logo is. the screen is slightly recessed inside the bezel, so as the skin folds over this it 'lifts' a little. i've only put it on 30 minutes ago or so, i'll see if it shrinks as it dries.
    10-25-08 04:42 PM
    I intend to use the holster that will come with it. I'm simple like that.
    10-25-08 04:48 PM
    I intend to use the holster that will come with it. I'm simple like that.
    Nothing wrong with that. Sounds like a vote for holster only.
    10-25-08 04:55 PM
    Nothing wrong with that. Sounds like a vote for holster only.
    Yeppers

It made me sad that my curve didn't come with any kind of case, but I got it for $30 off contract so I won't complain.
    10-25-08 04:59 PM
    ok, just put the main part of the skin on. the main issue at the moment is that the skin goes over the screen and then round the bezel and down to the plate where the carrier logo is. the screen is slightly recessed inside the bezel, so as the skin folds over this it 'lifts' a little. i've only put it on 30 minutes ago or so, i'll see if it shrinks as it dries.
    ok, i stand corrected, 20 minutes later and its gone tighter than an estonian gymnast.
    10-25-08 05:17 PM
    Yes. I have given them a lot of my money over the past year and a half. A case for a Curve, one for an 8820 and three different holsters (one for unskinned Curve, one for skinned curve and then skinned 8820 -- I know everyone wanted to know all of that). But, I love their holsters. Seidio is quality stuff. However, I am kicking around the idea of just a holster for my to-be Bold and maybe a few different color battery covers.
    Since I've got the 8820 you can say did you prefer having a skin over a holster. I will say that I've had mine holstered for 6 months and don't have a scratch yet which is also why I probably got another holster and not a skin.

10-25-08 05:22 PM
    Skin + InvisibleShield screen protector + Koskin holster.

Yes, I practice safe BB'in
    10-25-08 06:49 PM
    None. After a while i stopped caring about scratches on the bevel.
    Using the oem leather holster to put my credit cards, bankcards and ids.
    Scratches give it character.

10-25-08 08:35 PM
    Character! I hope my BlackBerry didn't hear that. If I wanted that I cod of kept my 7100. Lol

10-25-08 08:51 PM
    I haven't decided yet. I want to protect the phone if I drop it, but I don't want to hide the beauty of the phone as well.

it's a tough decision what to do.
    10-25-08 10:09 PM
    I haven't decided yet. I want to protect the phone if I drop it, but I don't want to hide the beauty of the phone as well.

it's a tough decision what to do.
    I think that's another reason I've used the holster and not the skin.

10-25-08 10:13 PM
    I think that's another reason I've used the holster and not the skin.

I've thought about the holster as well, but they just seem bulky.
    10-25-08 10:30 PM
    I'll use the holster and a screen protector. The skin is just another option. Historically, I've accidentally dropped and scratched "all" of my cell phones including my 8310 (which led to the red housing). After the wait, mine will be worth protecting

10-25-08 10:50 PM
    doesnt it come with the leather pouch thing? or is that the holster alrdy?
    10-25-08 11:56 PM
    i just got the best skins ever bold skin through the mail today. i'll post my findings when i have it on. personally i wouldnt worry about anything other than the screen too much, as all the parts can be bought seperately online and refitted if you break then. scratch your bezel up? /415. bust your battery cover? $25. you can even get a new screen for $80. ok, keep it in good shape, but i promise inside of 2 years you'll be throwing it away for the next model. remember when the 8300 had just come out?
    Does the BSE cover the entire thing...I'm stuck between BSE and the invisibleSHIELD.
    Does anyone know of a difference that would cause the invisibleSHIELD to be 3 times the price?
    10-26-08 10:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD