01-18-09 12:28 PM
48 12
tools
    Can you do me a favor and zoom in a little more? I'd like to check the molecular structure of the material just a bit more.
    lol i was thinking the same thing. little closer and I wouldn't be able to tell what it was I was looking at ha
    01-12-09 12:49 AM
    Is the inside of the case hard, or is it just like a regular silicone case?
    01-12-09 01:10 AM
    I purchased the black "floral" case on launch day. Just returned it as it is a dust magnet! Yes it covers the keys and gaps fantastically but it definitely draws more dust and particles to your screen. I am still on the search for the perfect case.....
    01-12-09 03:40 AM
    umm seriously.. no offense but I believe some of the same people are responding to this post as the post I made with pictures about this same case...

I uploaded pictures of my storm in it like mayb a month and a half ago
    There is one major flaw with the case. The case is actually a white case with black painted on.

So eventually over time the case will be solid white once all the black weres off. I noticed it around the edges of the case after slipping it in and out of my pocket.. the black rubber slower started rubbing away and the case is getting more and more white as the days go on
    01-12-09 04:36 AM
    The Verizon website says this is not compatible with the storm!
    01-12-09 06:11 AM
    I tried the STORM screencovers at the Verizon store. Didn't like the bubbles and it appeared to fuzz the view. Got rid of it when it literally pealed off one day in the cold. Found custom fit screen covers from ZAGG.COM. $14.95 each and bought two. Followed the instructions exactly and it's amazing. Great look, no bubbles, no overlap and the feel of the screen cover seems to make the click screen better. And I can't scratch it with anything I've tried so far. Plus it's stayed on as we get down into the single digits temp wise. Doubt I'll need the second one anytime soon.
    01-12-09 12:27 PM
    found this silicone like skin in verizon store...you wouldnt know its different unless you open it.

it is the one that is BLACK with a white floral pattern on it (only problem..haha...but still pretty unisex (wink wink).

but more importantly...it is different because the bottom four hard buttons are COVERED completely....the ONLY visible area on the phone is the touch screen.

Not only does the screen look mint...BUT....all gaps/holes in between buttons..and the light that comes through bottom line of screen are BLOCKED!

I also feel this skin will PROTECT against getting dust under the hood
    just wanted to tell you i remembered this post when i bought my storm this week and got the same cover. I love it. it makes the whole phone feel better, especially the bottom keys. it feels strange when i take it off to pull the battery. I don't mind the pattern on the back. I don't see it 90% of the time anyway. I like the fact that it covers the gaps where dust might get in too. makes me feel a lot more at ease with the phone. thanks for the heads up. Attachment 10258

Attachment 10259
    01-17-09 07:37 PM
    I call that a tribal pattern, not a floral pattern.

Of course, that would be a feminine tribe, but still... it aint very floral to me.
    01-17-09 07:44 PM
    I call that a tribal pattern, not a floral pattern.

Of course, that would be a feminine tribe, but still... it aint very floral to me.
    yeah, it's not really floral, but it's definitely got a fem quality to it. It's not a bad look to me at all, but it's really secondary to how much i love the case. removes easily too. i like the feel of it a lot.
    01-17-09 07:49 PM
    I already have it also. Bff visited right after thanksgiving and I had to have
    One causes it looks like a fleur di les flowe

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-17-09 07:55 PM
    Nice but aint feeling the design. I got the black OEM blackberry silicone case. I have 0 problems with it.
    01-17-09 08:01 PM
    i wish i could! but i searched all over net for it...had to get in car and go to verizon...

im telling you..even guy in store didnt believe it was different from other skins until he opened it up....

totally covers the 4 keys....form fitting..and makes hittinging the 4 keys feel "better" too.

will look for pic
    I totally agree. I purchased this skin the first day I got my Storm and I don't like the feel of the device without it. I don't complain about the fact that I have to take the device out of it in order to put it into the charging pod, but once out of the pod the skin goes right back on. It's great!
    01-17-09 08:11 PM
    I read this thread and bought it to try. It's a great skin and the pattern is bearable. I may not use it forever, since I want a sleep mode holster, but its cool all the same.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-17-09 08:20 PM
    That was my very first cover, but there is a down side, unfortunately. The phone heats up really quickly, because it's so thick. Otherwise, it is a good case. My first Storm definitely held up through a couple major falls.
    01-17-09 10:14 PM
    That was my very first cover, but there is a down side, unfortunately. The phone heats up really quickly, because it's so thick. Otherwise, it is a good case. My first Storm definitely held up through a couple major falls.
    i've had mine on for almost 3 days and it's cool to the touch. i haven't noticed any heat build up.
    01-17-09 10:20 PM
    I got mine at my local store in Eugene, OR. However there is light that still comes through the top part. It would be a great case if it came down farther on the top section!
    01-17-09 11:57 PM
    Bought. Hopefully VZW has the flames/skull one, but I can live with the floral pattern.
    Man I hope this helps a lot better with the dust issues you keep having! I decided to buy the leather holster/ belt clip for mine it provides less dust and more protection from damage, but since the holster is new it is a ***** to get the phone out!
    Last edited by httrdd; 01-18-09 at 04:11 AM.
    01-18-09 12:24 AM
    just wanted to tell you i remembered this post when i bought my storm this week and got the same cover. I love it. it makes the whole phone feel better, especially the bottom keys. it feels strange when i take it off to pull the battery. I don't mind the pattern on the back. I don't see it 90% of the time anyway. I like the fact that it covers the gaps where dust might get in too. makes me feel a lot more at ease with the phone. thanks for the heads up. Attachment 10258

Attachment 10259
    Hey your battery is low
    01-18-09 03:59 AM
    I got mine at my local store in Eugene, OR. However there is light that still comes through the top part. It would be a great case if it came down farther on the top section!
    I have this same cover. I love it because it is very good. I switched from a clear hard case to this one. I do agree with Tawnia though, if it came down more over the top to cover the gap at the top it would be GREAT!
    01-18-09 08:57 AM
    First, I agree....There is no way I'm putting flowers on my phone.

Second, It would be nice if it was all black because I do get dust.

Third, I think the light coming from around the gaps looks cheap and unprofessional.
    Meh, looks like my bindings that I got for my snowboard. I'd cop one if I didn't already have a case. I do like how it looks though and I don't think it looks too girly.
    01-18-09 11:04 AM
    I've had this case since day 1 also.

*Never seen any heat issues with it.
    *As a pp said, it is black over white and I have one tiny white line along one of the edges that has gotten slightly bigger. No biggie.
    *It covers everything except the top edge which I prefer not to have covered; don't want to cover up the pretty BB logo.
    *Don't find it to be a dust magnet as someone else posted
    *Wipes down very easily with my bare hand if anything does get stuck on it
    *Feels very secure in my hand.
    *If I put it on the center console of my car it does not slide around at all.
    *Being a chica I don't mind the design, but would have chosen all black if they sold it
    *Very easy to take off and on since I use a cradle at home and work (and doesn't stretch out)
    *Fits inside of a generic BB horizontal holster I picked up at Target for $10, even though I do have to push up from the bottom to remove it. (only used for extra dust protection inside of my purse)
    01-18-09 11:10 AM
    Hey your battery is low
    I was trying to let it die completely before I charged it for the 2nd time. I don't know if that still matters, but I thought it couldn't hurt. It took it over 3 hours after it showed low battery. I wasn't on it all that time, but quite a bit and I still had to start playing word mole for a while to get it to shut down finally. After my first charge I got about 36 hours of pretty heavy use (except for 7 hours sleeping) on a charge. I was expecting less after reading the forum.
    01-18-09 12:13 PM
    I picked this up the second day I had my Storm. I'm don't mind the graphics. I mean really, how often do you just stare at the back of your phone. I put the Verizon screen protectors on it, slipped it into the silicone case and put in my Verizon Universal PDA Side Case. No dust, no scratches, and it doesn't feel like it's gonna slip out of my hands anymore.
    01-18-09 12:28 PM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD