01-18-09 01:28 PM
48 12
tools
    found this silicone like skin in verizon store...you wouldnt know its different unless you open it.

it is the one that is BLACK with a white floral pattern on it (only problem..haha...but still pretty unisex (wink wink).

but more importantly...it is different because the bottom four hard buttons are COVERED completely....the ONLY visible area on the phone is the touch screen.

Not only does the screen look mint...BUT....all gaps/holes in between buttons..and the light that comes through bottom line of screen are BLOCKED!

I also feel this skin will PROTECT against getting dust under the hood
    01-11-09 11:54 PM
    Care to provide a link....
    01-11-09 11:57 PM
    First of all, no way i'm putting flowers on my Storm.

Second, i don't get dust under the hood.

Third, i think the light coming from the gap is cool. I think it would be even more cool if it was blue.
    01-11-09 11:59 PM
    i wish i could! but i searched all over net for it...had to get in car and go to verizon...

im telling you..even guy in store didnt believe it was different from other skins until he opened it up....

totally covers the 4 keys....form fitting..and makes hittinging the 4 keys feel "better" too.

will look for pic
    01-12-09 12:00 AM
    here is link....ugly back...but who cares...wish you guys could see front!!!! it is FIRM silicon (not the flimsly)..and sides cover gaps too!!!
    01-12-09 12:02 AM
    01-12-09 12:03 AM
    First, I agree....There is no way I'm putting flowers on my phone.

Second, It would be nice if it was all black because I do get dust.

Third, I think the light coming from around the gaps looks cheap and unprofessional.
    01-12-09 12:03 AM
    if that didnt work...go to verizonwireless.com....search for "storm floral"

I see they also have one w/ flames....to bad not just plain black! (the plain black in store does not cover buttons
    01-12-09 12:04 AM
    It was made for the Curve?

LOL
    01-12-09 12:04 AM
    jeff can you send us pix of your storm with it on?
    01-12-09 12:06 AM
    It was made for the Curve?

LOL
    Seems like it is... there is a flame one too.
    01-12-09 12:08 AM
    Wait, so there is one made specifically for the Storm?
    01-12-09 12:08 AM
    if i sent u curve link...was error...it IS on storm....u never really see the back anyway..kinda looks like a "chinese' pattern more than flowers....will try to take pics w/ mirrors (at work)..lol...u guys gotta see the FRONT of the phone......
    01-12-09 12:12 AM
    Just scoured the vzw site and there is no case like this for the storm.
    01-12-09 12:19 AM
    if i sent u curve link...was error...it IS on storm....u never really see the back anyway..kinda looks like a "chinese' pattern more than flowers....will try to take pics w/ mirrors (at work)..lol...u guys gotta see the FRONT of the phone......
    I think if you just take a pic of the sleeve when it's off the phone it'll be good enough.
    01-12-09 12:22 AM
    found this silicone like skin in verizon store...you wouldnt know its different unless you open it.

it is the one that is BLACK with a white floral pattern on it (only problem..haha...but still pretty unisex (wink wink).

but more importantly...it is different because the bottom four hard buttons are COVERED completely....the ONLY visible area on the phone is the touch screen.

Not only does the screen look mint...BUT....all gaps/holes in between buttons..and the light that comes through bottom line of screen are BLOCKED!

I also feel this skin will PROTECT against getting dust under the hood
    I almost bought it, didn't like the pattern. But since you say it covers the gap around the WHOLE screen I might just pick one up. Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by GADGET-GEEK; 01-12-09 at 12:32 AM.
    01-12-09 12:29 AM
    first off ... the flower on the storm iant happening and i cant find it on the site
    01-12-09 12:30 AM
    Yeah, it's a weird pattern, it's like an asian floral tribal kinda thing.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-12-09 12:36 AM
    They have this one at my VZW store. I already have a OEM Blackberry silicone case, but if this one covers the gaps I might by it and use some goo gone to get rid of the pattern on the back.
    01-12-09 12:40 AM
    yeah it does cover the gaps its great, the only bad part is the fact that it only has two options , a flower or a skull.
    Last edited by Chaz; 01-12-09 at 06:57 AM. Reason: language
    01-12-09 12:47 AM
    ok..doing it now..but it doesnt do justice to how this thing fits the screen over all gaps except the line under "blackberrry" at top near earpiece...gimme 2 secs guys
    01-12-09 12:47 AM
    here is pic (naked)......the chinese art on back isnt as bad as you think....may cover it up w/ some black ink?? or leave it.

more professional than flames/skulls!
    01-12-09 12:51 AM
    Can you do me a favor and zoom in a little more? I'd like to check the molecular structure of the material just a bit more.
    01-12-09 12:58 AM
    hahaha...funny. amazing though when u go in store and ask for "the skin for storm that covers the 4 hard buttons" and all 8 guys in store laughing at me saying "they are all the same and this does not exist"...until i made them open up the "flower" one. the look on their face priceless....the cost of my replacement when this sob doesnt keep dust out.....25$ plus s&h.
    01-12-09 01:05 AM
    Bought. Hopefully VZW has the flames/skull one, but I can live with the floral pattern.
    01-12-09 01:15 AM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD