02-07-09 12:43 PM
31 12
tools
    Used BSE on my Curve and just added one to my wife's Curve but after applying one to the Bold it gave a grainy affect to the screen as well as liquid getting inside. I removed the battery and let it dry for a few days which seems to have cleared it. So do any of you prefer no screen protection or do you consider it a must?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-06-09 01:50 PM
    It's a must have in my opinion particularly if you have a need to keep the bb in your pocket now and then instead of in the holster
    02-06-09 01:53 PM
    Consider it a must. All of these phones scratch too easily.

Not all screen protectors are the same. Some have different feels, different tactile feels, etc.

Getting liquid inside is more of a self-install issue though, not so much the screen protectors *fault*.
    02-06-09 01:53 PM
    definetly skin it. used BSE on my curve. worked great. can run around now and again. show off that body.owww.
    02-06-09 01:58 PM
    I don't really care how messed up my Bold gets... bare all the way.

At the end of the day i'll just 'drop' it and replace it with my insurance if it gets too ****ed.
    02-06-09 02:22 PM
    Pardon my noob, but what's BSE? I keep my berry in a holster so I have no plans for a screen protector. I used to have treos before this berry and never used a screen protector.

02-06-09 02:35 PM
    If you got water inside, sounds like it was dripping wet. Maybe too much water. I flick all excess water off before installing. I use BSE and love it and yes the Bold screen will scratch easy.

Pardon my noob, but what's BSE? I keep my berry in a holster so I have no plans for a screen protector. I used to have treos before this berry and never used a screen protector.

Best Skins Ever, Inc. Home Page
    02-06-09 02:42 PM
    If you got water inside, sounds like it was dripping wet. Maybe too much water. I flick all excess water off before installing. I use BSE and love it and yes the Bold screen will scratch easy.

Best Skins Ever, Inc. Home Page
    Like I said I have used BSE before but it seems the Bold is not as "seal" proof as the Curve.

02-06-09 02:51 PM
    Like I said I have used BSE before but it seems the Bold is not as "seal" proof as the Curve.

The 83xx Curve's are not seal proof either. Thats why they have a major dust under the screen issue. The screen does not seal properly along the edges. I once got water under the screen on my 8310. I learned my lesson from that too flick as much water as possible off before applying.
    02-06-09 02:55 PM
    Skin for sure. I'm far too attached to this phone to lose it now...
    02-06-09 02:57 PM
    Screen protector and that's it. Not a fan of covering up my phones with all this protection... like them to look as they were intended without any extra bulk.
    02-06-09 03:11 PM
    I like the screen bare... I know that the chances of scratching increases, but so far in seven months I haven't had a problem with it. I think my BB looks absolutely beautiful in its birthday suit
    02-06-09 03:22 PM
    Skinned is a must IMO. Not worth getting it a scratched up. Used to carry the holster, but realized it was too much of a nuisance. I now just keep it in my pocket.

02-06-09 03:57 PM
    Bare! FTW!!!
    02-06-09 03:59 PM
    I like my Bold bare

02-06-09 04:01 PM
    I like mine bare and have always use silicone skins but finally got fed up

Too much hassle pulling your phone out of your pocket with a skin case.. And hated how the lent and dust stuck to it.

So I just recently invested in a pocket pouch. Seems like the perfect solution for a guy who is typically a pocket carrier.

02-06-09 04:08 PM
    I like mine bare and have always use silicone skins but finally got fed up

Too much hassle pulling your phone out of your pocket with a skin case.. And hated how the lent and dust stuck to it.

So I just recently invested in a pocket pouch. Seems like the perfect solution for a guy who is typically a pocket carrier.

That's what I do, and love it.
    02-06-09 04:10 PM
    I'm looking for an opened top case for pocket use, what are you guys using?

Bare all the way, I hate how cheap the Bold looks with a rubber skin on it that covers up all the silver edging. The Bold is an amazing looking phone, why cover it up? Okay, so I work in an air-conditioned office, with nice carpets so it's not in a demanding environment.
    02-06-09 04:43 PM
    i feel like the BBs are fine bare, you can see how good they look compared to when you slap a skin on it and they get beefier.

like someone said earlier, if your BB gets ruined just replace it with insurance/warranty
    02-06-09 05:41 PM
    i love my BSE on my bold. u gotta reall careful not to get any liquid in it tho.. ure suppose to apply a lil bit of water to da skin..
    02-06-09 06:37 PM
    I don't understand what people protect it for if they cover it up anyways. Re-sale value? Do people sell their old BBs?

02-06-09 06:54 PM
    I use clear skin from Zagg. It helps with the glare and scratch proof. It is cheap, 15 bucks with shipping
    02-06-09 08:30 PM
    My vote - bare
    I keep it in the standard holster...good enough protection.

I am more afraid of dropping it then scratching it.
    02-06-09 08:51 PM
    Bare. No skin, no screen protector. Au natural.
    02-06-09 10:19 PM
    BSE all the way! i love em!
    02-06-09 10:22 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD