01-20-09 01:21 PM
49 12
tools
    i bought a couple snap on cases from handhelditems
    and i must say they work soo good.

however, i managed to drop my phone from about a 6 foot hight onto the floor in the XXI dressing room
    and the case snapped off and went across the floor, but my blackberry is in mint condition :]

I had the silicone cases for my Ipod, and dirt and sand managed to work its way into it and since the silicone moves around, it scratched up my ipod.

Therefore, im sticking with the hardcase. :]
    12-11-08 03:57 PM
    I had a silicone case for my curve and it worked out pretty well. My only gripe was the lack of a belt clip. Since I'm not one to carry my bb in my pocket I transitioned to a holster. The holster is great, but only offers protection to the front of the phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-11-08 03:59 PM
    I purchased the verizon silicone case used it for 2 days then went back and got the one they have there with the floral on the back...

I didn't really want the floral on the back but that one also covers the bottom row of buttons with small indention so there easy to push..

It was also a thicker case in general so it is better then the regular silicone..
    12-11-08 04:06 PM
    I have a Silicone one temporarily. I'm waiting to see what OtterBox and Case-Mate come out with before I decide the permanent case.
    12-11-08 04:07 PM
    Black silicon w/ a zagg screen shield. Looks sweet.. the silcon is supposed to be clingy. This keeps it from slipping out of your hands. Only thing I need to know is if my silicone will fit in the charging base??? anyone know? the silicone has all the holes that need to be there btw.
    It will fit in, but fitting the phone into the charging base is tight to begin with. I just take my skin off every night before I put it in the charging base
    12-11-08 04:14 PM
    I've the silicon BB case and think its ****e. Doesn't fit properly and I gave up with then screen protector. Absolute nightmare to fit without any bubbles/bits under it. I'm sticking with the BB holster that came in the box.
    12-11-08 04:19 PM
    I have a silicon skin. I had a hard case for my Curve and when I dropped it the case popped off.
    12-11-08 04:22 PM
    Here are some pics of mine with the hard plastic VZW case on it....
    12-11-08 04:35 PM
    Looks like a perfectly preserved museum piece
    12-11-08 04:42 PM
    Was using the silicone case and my biggest complaint is it attracted a lot of dust. Given the risk of dust creeping under the screen, I decided to ditch the silicone case for a sleeve.
    12-11-08 04:57 PM
    I got the hard snap-on case and don't really care for it. It looks nice and everything, but it's just too hard to remove if you need to change the battery or if you use the cradle. The silicone cases look like the slip on and off pretty easily...I think I will try those. Also, the plastic case gets in the way at the edge of the screen and makes it hard to type, at least if you have big thumbs.
    12-11-08 06:09 PM
    I have the snap on plastic case from vz. I must say I kinda like it. It has save my storm a few times now it does add some bulk but I can live with that for now. And trying to find a holster to work with the case is impossible. But all in all I like it a lot. Hop that helps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.c
    rackberry.com

I have the silicon case and I use the holster from my 8830. Fits perfect. Just make sure you get the slim silicon and not the thick one.
    12-11-08 06:44 PM
    wow i like the snap case...u can buy taht from verizon???...i have a silicon now...its alright
    12-12-08 08:02 PM
    ZAGG | invisibleSHIELD | iPhone, iPod Cases, Screen Protectors, Covers, Shields, Skins, Invisible Shield
    I got this from here and saved 15%. Didn't want a skin that detracts from the good looks and sleek lines of the Storm. I have also found that silicone or snap cases actually end up scratching the phone as it traps dirt. The zagg skin doesn't as it actually fixes to the phone. Also 0.2mm thick and scratch proof, guaranteed for life and free shipping. I love it!
    12-12-08 08:10 PM
    Ok I have a question; how easy is it to remove the back for a battery pull?
    Looks nice..................
    12-12-08 09:58 PM
    I just received a couple of these Amzer Jelly Cases. A much thicker silicone (compared to the Verizon silicon skin) and covers the top/front so the protection factor seems good. They're supposedly "dust-free" but the jury's still out on that and I wouldn't hold my breath...
    12-12-08 10:39 PM
    Well, after seeing those pics with the snap on hard case, I am very pleased with my purchase. Can't wait for my Storm on monday!
    12-12-08 10:52 PM
    I'm thinking about this one:Buy the Blackberry Storm Silicone case, rubber skin - Black w/ Free Shipping.
    but I'm not sure how thick it is. I bought a silicone case for my Dare, and it's THICK. Anyone know if this one is thick as well? I'd rather not get one of those "skin like" silicone cases, since they stretch out over time and provide 0 protection. Thanks.
    12-12-08 11:33 PM
    That looks like the same one I just posted (two posts above yours).
    12-12-08 11:45 PM
    They make a silicon skin holster, which you would assume is the best of both worlds. But I don't like it because it's kind of wiggly because of the rubber. Plus it kinda sticks out from your body instead of hugging tightly against you. Which makes the sticky rubber skin more susceptible to snagging on things as you pass by.
    12-13-08 10:23 AM
    Ok I have a question; how easy is it to remove the back for a battery pull?
    Looks nice..................
    It's a pain to do a battery pull with the hard case (I have the same one) but, just install QuickPull and you NEVER need to take the case off.
    12-13-08 12:08 PM
    I went for the green hard plastic case. I like it.
    12-13-08 01:25 PM
    Now an even better 20% off at ZAGG | invisibleSHIELD | iPhone, iPod Cases, Screen Protectors, Covers, Shields, Skins, Invisible Shield

Woohoo think I may even try the ear buds!
    01-20-09 01:17 PM
    I've had the hard clear plastic case (gave away), black silicon cover (sold) and now I have on BSE full body skin and am using the holster. This seems to be the best combo for me for the stuff that I get into. I guess it all depends on what kind of user you are.
    01-20-09 01:21 PM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD