06-20-09 03:58 PM
32 12
tools
    the case is easy to remove, but i schedule nightly reboots with quickpull to avoid having to remove the case...well....that's when i was actually using this case....

as others have stated and i have stated in other similar threads, i can confirm this case is indeed a fingerprint magnet. that doesn't bother me though. i've had it about 5 days and the scratching is minimal. the mirror screen protector is tough in the sunlight, but awesome indoors, especially in the office when your boss is walking by. it skews the screen just enough. plus, it looks pretty bad azz.

but, all badassedness aside, it ruins your signal. when i put this case on my phone i lose service. sometimes it drops 2 bars, sometimes it goes down to zero bars. if i remove the case my bars come back. it's repeatable. since i have had this case i have dropped 6 calls and received several voicemails without matching missed calls in my call log.

i have sent an email to case-mate support requesting some form of resolution. this case is great, but if it's going to hurt my signal, then it's not touching my berry again....ain't a whole lot ta dat.
    06-13-09 07:49 PM
    maybe they have discovered the signal issue is a major flaw and pulled it from the shelf.
    06-13-09 11:50 PM
    its an added "feature" of your shiny new toy case
    06-13-09 11:52 PM
    maybe they have discovered the signal issue is a major flaw and pulled it from the shelf.
    got this from Case-Mate today...

"I apologize that you are experiencing issues with the Chrome Barely There case We received a report of this issue and we are working with our product development team to figure out where the problem lies. We have confirmed that this issue is not impacting all case and only affects a very limited number.

Would you like me to process a replacement of an item from the Storm product line of equal or lesser value or would you prefer a refund?"
    06-15-09 11:23 PM
    this is the case that iam currently using...

06-17-09 05:50 AM
    the case is easy to remove, but i schedule nightly reboots with quickpull to avoid having to remove the case...well....that's when i was actually using this case....

as others have stated and i have stated in other similar threads, i can confirm this case is indeed a fingerprint magnet. that doesn't bother me though. i've had it about 5 days and the scratching is minimal. the mirror screen protector is tough in the sunlight, but awesome indoors, especially in the office when your boss is walking by. it skews the screen just enough. plus, it looks pretty bad azz.

but, all badassedness aside, it ruins your signal. when i put this case on my phone i lose service. sometimes it drops 2 bars, sometimes it goes down to zero bars. if i remove the case my bars come back. it's repeatable. since i have had this case i have dropped 6 calls and received several voicemails without matching missed calls in my call log.

i have sent an email to case-mate support requesting some form of resolution. this case is great, but if it's going to hurt my signal, then it's not touching my berry again....ain't a whole lot ta dat.

He's dead on. It does hurt your signal, but the case rally does look awesome. Mirrored screen protector is a nice touch, too. I feel that it isn't just a few cases that hurt the signal, but all. Had my first dropped calls since I got my storm in february. All in all, the case is nice to look at but hurts the phones performance.
    06-19-09 08:06 AM
    He's dead on. It does hurt your signal, but the case rally does look awesome. Mirrored screen protector is a nice touch, too. I feel that it isn't just a few cases that hurt the signal, but all. Had my first dropped calls since I got my storm in february. All in all, the case is nice to look at but hurts the phones performance.
    I'm not really certain what to believe but Case-Mate has stated there are no issues with their original "Barely There" case. They did acknowledge the loss of signal issue with the Chrome case though, and they are having me send it back in for testing to try to resolve the issue. I hope they're right about the original... On a side note, I will comment that their customer service is outstanding... My new case will arrive next week so I guess we'll see then. I will be keeping a very close eye on the call quality...
    06-20-09 03:58 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD