Hey guys,

today I'm writing a short review of the Jabra BT2020 combined with my Pearl 8100.

I got the Jabra as a replacement for my Sony HBH-705.

The Jabra looks nice and fits well behind your ear. The sound quality is good, I'd give it a 4/5. The microphone - though it is compared to the normal headset formfactor quite far away from your mouth sounds very good.

The problem with the Jabra is that you can't start voice-dialing from it. Pressing the call-button (which according to the manual should start VAD, depending on the phone's support for this) didn't do anything.

With the Sony and Motorola H350 that I had before that wasn't a problem, so the lack of this function in the Jabra was a surprise.

The Jabra really is perfect with the one & only flaw - which makes it worthless (at least for me, I don't want to get my phone out of my pocket to start dialing, that's the opposite of what I bought the headset for) - that you can't start a call from the headset.

This headset is a NO-GO! Maybe it works with other phones, but not with the 8100...

If you have any questions about this headset post them here and I will try to answer them as fast as possible.

For me the journey through headset-jungle is over, I returned the Jabra and got my money back....

Stefan
    04-02-08 06:24 AM
    So the only negative you have is related to VAD then? I'm looking for a new b/t headset and enjoy hearing comments about different models, however I don't use VAD so that is not an issue for me.
    04-02-08 06:38 AM
    you can't start a call without taking the blackberry out of your pocket.

accepting calls and ending them worked
    04-02-08 06:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD