So Shocked How Disappointed I am With The Otterbox Defender Series , This has to be the most annoying case Otterbox ever made . I own all 3 styles for my Bold 9930 Defender for work , Impact for home and Commuter for the weekends , but this one SUCKS ! 8 out of 10 times I use it I need to fix the rubber part it keeps comes slightly off at the bottom or putting it back in the holster the sides get caught , Does anyone else have this problem ? Don't get me wrong the protection is great , but the old style of the defender for the Bold 9650 was much better ... Just Saying
    09-30-11 12:09 PM
    I have the exact same issue. My rubber shell is now coming off at right side as well. I never owned an Otterbox case before and this is a super bad experience for a first time customer like me. If I am in the Otterbox company, I would shoot myself on the foot for this one.

I am very disappointed and I hope Otterbox come up with a new case for Bold 99xx with a CLIP holster rather than the two button holster. I have to push so hard in order to get the phone out from the belt clip!!!
    09-30-11 12:58 PM
    oops... double post. Deleted. Sorry.
    09-30-11 12:59 PM
    I have the exact same issue. My rubber shell is now coming off at right side as well. I never owned an Otterbox case before and this is a super bad experience for a first time customer like me. If I am in the Otterbox company, I would shoot myself on the foot for this one.

I am very disappointed and I hope Otterbox come up with a new case for Bold 99xx with a CLIP holster rather than the two button holster. I have to push so hard in order to get the phone out from the belt clip!!!
    Just got off the phone with Otterbox they said they are gonna send me a new one , with the hopes that it was just a bad first batch of Defender's give them a call they gave me no problems at all ... 1.888.695.8820 and were very nice and helpful
    mssca likes this.
    09-30-11 01:07 PM
    Great and I have one coming in the mail in the next day or so......

I also bought the Seidio combo holster, so maybe this will do until Otterbox cleans up their act. I had an OB for my Pearl and Tour so I know they are very good cases.
    09-30-11 03:46 PM
    OMG! They are awesome! They are sending me a FREE replacement with NO questions asked right now. WOW.
    09-30-11 06:03 PM
    OMG! They are awesome! They are sending me a FREE replacement with NO questions asked right now. WOW.
    All you have to do is ask them. My 9780's OBD was replaced over 12 times, no questions asked...lol

Awesome customer service.
    09-30-11 06:49 PM
    I'm not calling Otterbox, and I'm not waiting for a new rubber shell every week or month. Its obvious that this is a horrible design flaw and no amount of replacements will cure the 20 or so minutes per day I find myself effing with the stupid rubber outer edge. Nah, I'll pass and throw mine in the garbage.
    So, I guess I will have to patronize otterbox again and try the commuter series, which I never liked in the past. Oh well. I feel a little put off about giving money (45 bucks) to a company that sells defective products, (whether they freely replace it or not) but the otterbox series seems to fit my outdoor needs so well. I just can't see wasting time waiting for a new rubber case, only for it to happen again and again. Bad batch my **** cheeks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-30-11 07:34 PM
    I'm not calling Otterbox, and I'm not waiting for a new rubber shell every week or month. Its obvious that this is a horrible design flaw and no amount of replacements will cure the 20 or so minutes per day I find myself effing with the stupid rubber outer edge. Nah, I'll pass and throw mine in the garbage.
    So, I guess I will have to patronize otterbox again and try the commuter series, which I never liked in the past. Oh well. I feel a little put off about giving money (45 bucks) to a company that sells defective products, (whether they freely replace it or not) but the otterbox series seems to fit my outdoor needs so well. I just can't see wasting time waiting for a new rubber case, only for it to happen again and again. Bad batch my **** cheeks.

I already told them we need a case with iPhone like case with a clip NOT with these stupid plastic pins on both sides. They told me they have received a lot of complains and will seriously consider making a new Defender case for 9900.
    09-30-11 08:27 PM
    The Communter is awesome. Best case for 99XX.

09-30-11 09:29 PM
    ummm..just a quick question please. Can you tell me does the otterbox defender case also includes a clear protective shield for both the screen and keypad for bold 9900. says on crackberry it does, called otterbox and told yes, but I went to a store tonight to get one and when they opened the box, actually 2 boxes, there wasn't a clear covering for the keypad. just a screen protector included. Pls advise, or if anyone knows where i could purchase a clear key pad protector pls let me know.. Thank you
    09-30-11 09:50 PM
    I am looking for Commuter too. Using Malkco Kubalt now which has the same design concept as Commuter, but it fails at keyboard area where the side keys are difficult to type.
    09-30-11 09:58 PM

Dont throw it give it to me I pay ship LOL
    Dammerung2010 likes this.
    09-30-11 10:10 PM

You're correct. Otterbox is sending people the same rubber piece again. So the same thing will happen again. There is only one batch. It's a design flaw and as much as i love the Defender products and have been a loyal user for 5 years, I am looking for something else now. The Commuter is nice but doesn't have a belt clip.
    10-01-11 11:06 PM
    Use a 9000 holster works awesome for my 9930 in a commuter
    10-01-11 11:33 PM
    Wow, thanks a million John! Before I got the 9930 Defender, I used a 9000 defender (just stuffed it with paper napkins) and everything but the camera and flash lined up perfectly. I'll give the commuter/9000 holster combo a shotski!

10-01-11 11:46 PM
    ummm..just a quick question please. Can you tell me does the otterbox defender case also includes a clear protective shield for both the screen and keypad for bold 9900. says on crackberry it does, called otterbox and told yes, but I went to a store tonight to get one and when they opened the box, actually 2 boxes, there wasn't a clear covering for the keypad. just a screen protector included. Pls advise, or if anyone knows where i could purchase a clear key pad protector pls let me know.. Thank you
    No, it doesn not.

10-01-11 11:51 PM
    Dont throw it give it to me I pay ship LOL
    Woops. I krazy glued the rubber in place till I get my commuter. Lol. I figured eh, screw it, I'll rip the thing apart when the commuter comes. Sorry dude! Oh and, if anyone doesn't mind never doing a true battery pull or ever accessing your media card, then go-head and krazy glue the Otterbox Defender's rubber outer shell to its hard inner shell only around those problemed areas...works awesome! Hahhaa

10-01-11 11:54 PM
    Had my defender for a full day before I decided to ship back for the same reason OP mentioned. The rubber sheath would come loose in the lower left hand corner. Poor design IMO.

I also hated how they were going for a clip in holster and not a slide in holster. Sent it back and got a commuter - which I am 100% satisfied with.
    10-03-11 09:33 AM
    Any chance you can post a picture of the phone in the holster? Is it loose? The 9000 was much thicker than 9930.
    10-03-11 10:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD