So I currently have an IS screen protector on my Curve and use a gel skin thingy for the body of it, however, the I'm kinda sick of the gel skin - it makes the Curve feel huge, doesn't fit in my cradle, and is a royal pain in the *** to get in and out of my pockets. I really like my IS screen protector and I'm thinking about getting the whole body kit now in place of my gel skin. Now, on to my situation/question(s)...

I'm aware of the quality of the IS products (pretty good!), but I'm more concerned about installation... When I put my screen protector on, I wasn't too happy about squeegee-ing all of that solution into my phone's earhole. I'm also a perfectionist and even though I followed the instructions to a "T", I ended up with some bubbles (which cleared themselves up in a few days) and some smudges and a fingerprint on the back side of the IS which are still there and annoy me.

To everyone out there who has installed a full body IS (or BSE), please let me know your thoughts on your installation. Does everything line up properly or are the pieces off by a little bit? Do you have any smudges at all underneath?...Fingerprints?...Bubbles that wouldn't go away?...Wrinkles/creases?...Anything? Please try to look at this through the eyes of a neurotic perfectionist, like myself. Heh. If I can't get it perfect, I'm just gonna be annoyed with it, to the point of where I'm considering even taking it over to Tekserve and letting the iphone kids install it for me, since they just install these things all day long on various Apple products and they've got better experience with it than me.

Thanks!
    08-11-08 03:31 PM
    Im a super huge perfectionist and after the stress of the install (haha) I am REALLY happy with it on my 8830. There are a few tiny tiny wonky edges but other than that is great. Except for the day after i installed it, I accidentally wrote across the screen with a sharpie. Sigh. Other than that, my ocd side is quite satisfied! Would definately recommend the product!
    08-11-08 03:39 PM
    I have used a BSE screen protector and then I got a BSE full body

Everything I ever say about BSE is positive!! I got my BSE for only $10 shipped! The installation was seamless, no smudges, no finger prints, no bubbles. It even conceals minor surface scratches you may have had on the device previously!

On top of that, the BSE is scratch resistant, self healing and durable. I know that IS also does some of the same things, but I think BSEs are a value!

Check out this thread by Sultan : http://forums.crackberry.com/f77/my-...utorial-44859/

And there are instructions on BSE's website on how to install
    08-11-08 03:40 PM
    I have used a BSE screen protector and then I got a BSE full body

Everything I ever say about BSE is positive!! I got my BSE for only $10 shipped! The installation was seamless, no smudges, no finger prints, no bubbles. It even conceals minor surface scratches you may have had on the device previously!

On top of that, the BSE is scratch resistant, self healing and durable. I know that IS also does some of the same things, but I think BSEs are a value!

Check out this thread by Sultan : http://forums.crackberry.com/f77/my-...utorial-44859/

And there are instructions on BSE's website on how to install

Yeah, BSE's and IS's are very similar and I've seen all the instructional videos and read all the directives and checked out sultan's "how to", but I'm just curious about how most peoples' final products turned out. The instructions seem really simple and the videos (done by people who have put hundreds of these things on various devices) make it look so easy, but in the end it's never the same...or is it? Heh.
    08-11-08 04:19 PM
    I've used both and I find that the bubbles in the I.S. actually clear up on their own. I've learned that the fingerprints only happen because you let the tips of your fingers dry up. A hot room (bathroom with hot tub running) is the best atmosphere and you have to keep spraying the tips every 30 seconds.

I've installed it that way and came out perfect on my Ex's curve.

The lifetime warranty is the other positive about paying the extra $$$.

08-11-08 08:36 PM
    To everyone out there who has installed a full body IS (or BSE), please let me know your thoughts on your installation. Does everything line up properly or are the pieces off by a little bit? Do you have any smudges at all underneath?...Fingerprints?...Bubbles that wouldn't go away?...Wrinkles/creases?...Anything? Please try to look at this through the eyes of a neurotic perfectionist, like myself. Heh. If I can't get it perfect, I'm just gonna be annoyed with it, to the point of where I'm considering even taking it over to Tekserve and letting the iphone kids install it for me, since they just install these things all day long on various Apple products and they've got better experience with it than me.

Thanks!
    To add to this... I am a perfectionist as well. If it looks crooked in any way, it's coming off. Recently I bought a pack of screen protectors for my iPhone. I went through all 3 until I got it right on the 3rd try. I didn't do the first two bad either as the person that was watching me do it though it was perfect. I lined it up with a piece of loose leaf and saw a slight (hard to see by the naked eye) slant.

So take it from me, it works better when you tips are constantly wet.

08-11-08 08:39 PM
    I've installed 2 BSEs so far, and both have turned out great, as long as you keep your fingers wet and your hands steady. The pain you feel in your chest as you intentionally put water near your phone is not a heart attack!

Ironically though, I was more nervous the second time than I was the first time... But in the end I'm uberpleased with the result, and the price of the BSE is cheap enough to buy 2 or 3 in case you mess up.
    08-11-08 09:43 PM
    I've had 4 Invisible Shields - not counting the ones I got for my wristwatch and cameras.

But I'm having the factory put the next one on - it's for my Bold (coming soon means not yet, alas)
    08-12-08 07:13 AM

Thanks!

I have both and only got lucky on my initial attempt (with the full body IS) once. After that, it was always something. During one installation, I thought I nailed it, until I found one tiny morsel of lint underneath.

Yes, perfection is possible, if that's what you're asking. Just keep at it; you'll get it the way you want it.

As far as letting someone else do it? Just keep in mind, no one is going to care about perfection as much as you.

Good choice though. IS is a great product.
    08-12-08 07:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD