02-28-09 10:27 PM
30 12
tools
    Just thought I'd post some pics of the LeatherSkin case from Sena. The website only shows it in black, but after seeing their iPhone case in tan croc leather, I assumed it would look similar.

This is a super-nice case and I'm pretty impressed with its looks. I just got it today (after an irritating 9-day FedEx wait....) and the cut-outs don't line up just perfectly yet. I'm guessing they will as the leather breaks in a little. It's a REALLY tight fit when the case is new. Even though the mic hole isn't perfectly lined up yet, I haven't had any trouble with people hearing me. And the camera still works well.

Typing is not too difficult, but I only use the portrait suretype keyboard. One gripe, the button closure on the back certainly keeps the Storm from laying flat. Not a big deal I guess. It looks so good and covers the screen gaps well, I'll definitely be keeping it. Anyway, here are the pics. Enjoy!
    01-21-09 07:16 PM
    real sweet! that's cool
    01-21-09 07:40 PM
    An animal was killed to cover your Storm!
    01-21-09 08:52 PM
    Elegant!

I assume it's not real crocodile skin right?
    01-21-09 08:53 PM
    It's Superfly's Storm! lol ewwww
    01-21-09 08:54 PM
    So sweet! Wonder if they make one for a Curve....
    01-21-09 08:57 PM
    That looks very nice! Is that the one that costs about $50?
    01-21-09 09:39 PM
    That looks very nice! Is that the one that costs about $50?
    It's $42. But I googled "Sena Coupons" and found a coupon code. Got the whole thing with shipping for $39.
    01-21-09 09:43 PM
    Elegant!

I assume it's not real crocodile skin right?
    No, I believe it's regular leather in crocodile form.
    01-21-09 09:44 PM
    I got it too but it's going back. Mine made it impossible to hit the "P", the back button and the return button in landscape.
    01-21-09 09:54 PM
    I got it too but it's going back. Mine made it impossible to hit the "P", the back button and the return button in landscape.
    Did it ever loosen up over time for you? I'm hoping it will loosen a tad so those side keys (in landscape) are easier to hit. It's fine in portrait, but any key on the left side in landscape is very difficult to hit.
    01-21-09 10:14 PM
    that thing is pretty gangsta...not my flavor but good luck with it! Hopefully it breaks in for you nicely
    01-21-09 10:44 PM
    Well, I looked at their return policy (they make returns somewhat difficult) and it very clearly says they will only accept returned items in "unused condition." So I was worried if I "used" it long enough to try to break it in and it did not work then it would be too "used" to return it. I did use it for 2 days but with no change in fit. I also ordered the ultraslim pouch as well and it was so tight I could not get my Storm out with out a fight and when in the pouch it depressed the side buttons causing the screen to stay on and draining the battery. It might break in over time, but again I didn't want to risk not being able to return it. Too bad because they are beautiful, well crafted cases......they just don't fit.
    01-21-09 11:21 PM
    I want one

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-21-09 11:25 PM
    It looks very similar to the Sena case I had on my Clie TH-55. Then again, the Storm looks like the Clie anyway.
    01-21-09 11:31 PM
    Looks cool, but I think it might look nicer in black.
    01-21-09 11:36 PM
    The Back, I like. The front for some reason makes me picture that being the teacher from Stand and Delivers phone. "My blackberry does calcooolis"
    01-22-09 12:07 AM
    SENA makes quality cases.

I just got my ultra-slim pouch from them today and I like it. But they mean it when they say "ultra-slim" -- it is extremely snug.

I definitely recommend buying from them though.
    01-22-09 01:51 AM
    So sweet! Wonder if they make one for a Curve....
    Yes...they do, and with different colors and skins.
    01-22-09 06:33 AM
    Thats the ugliest thing I've ever seen. I wouldnt put that on a Storm if you paid me!!!!! Dont ruin your phone!!!
    01-22-09 06:47 AM
    Well, I looked at their return policy (they make returns somewhat difficult) and it very clearly says they will only accept returned items in "unused condition." So I was worried if I "used" it long enough to try to break it in and it did not work then it would be too "used" to return it. I did use it for 2 days but with no change in fit. I also ordered the ultraslim pouch as well and it was so tight I could not get my Storm out with out a fight and when in the pouch it depressed the side buttons causing the screen to stay on and draining the battery. It might break in over time, but again I didn't want to risk not being able to return it. Too bad because they are beautiful, well crafted cases......they just don't fit.
    I have a sena case for my storm...it fits just fine. I Love it!
    01-22-09 06:53 AM
    Just thought I'd post some pics of the LeatherSkin case from Sena. The website only shows it in black, but after seeing their iPhone case in tan croc leather, I assumed it would look similar.

This is a super-nice case and I'm pretty impressed with its looks. I just got it today (after an irritating 9-day FedEx wait....) and the cut-outs don't line up just perfectly yet. I'm guessing they will as the leather breaks in a little. It's a REALLY tight fit when the case is new. Even though the mic hole isn't perfectly lined up yet, I haven't had any trouble with people hearing me. And the camera still works well.

Typing is not too difficult, but I only use the portrait suretype keyboard. One gripe, the button closure on the back certainly keeps the Storm from laying flat. Not a big deal I guess. It looks so good and covers the screen gaps well, I'll definitely be keeping it. Anyway, here are the pics. Enjoy!
    How were you able to oder the croc one from the website...all I see is the black?
    01-22-09 07:07 AM
    How were you able to oder the croc one from the website...all I see is the black?
    The other colors/styles can be chosen in the drop-down menu when you order it. There are no pics of the others, but if you check out some of their other cases, you can get an idea of what their colors look like.
    01-22-09 07:12 AM
    I have a sena case for my storm...it fits just fine. I Love it!
    do you have the flip or the skin case? I cant decide which one. Some people say they cant type with it on and others say no problems.
    02-06-09 07:01 PM
    Decloaking to share these comments. I have had the Sena flipcase for four weeks. Material and workmanship is excellent; very tight fit. Design however, is another matter. After living with it for a while, I realized that typing was tough as the case comes right up to the edges of the screen making it difficult to hit the keys on edges of the keyboard. Have found myself slipping it out of the case to type.

I am now considering a Seido clip holster. In addition, I will skin the Storm. Hope this helps.
    02-09-09 06:28 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD