03-18-09 08:36 AM
90 1234
tools
    I'm really liking the customer service here. I think I'll get the "II" regardless, seems to be just a manufacturer issue with a select bunch.

Thanks for the tip!
    12-30-08 05:04 PM
    i hope for everyones sake it's just a few cases that came out of the mold a little different. these things happen and I don't want to diss Seido in any way. Like I have said before I was very happy with the case on my Samsung.
    Having said that the "I" will work for me since it connects together top and bottom the length of the phone and I don't see any way it will affect torque on the phone. Which I think happened to mine.
    12-30-08 05:36 PM
    Any idea when the Surface case will be on Amazon? I have an Amazon gift certificate to burn...
    12-30-08 06:02 PM
    do you have the cardboard piece under the batt? I have a cover that would click with it and the card in at the same time.
    12-30-08 07:04 PM
    I chose the II over the I because I also have a cradle and wanted something that would be easy to remove when using the cradle. I hope that the II works out as easy as it looks to be.
    12-30-08 07:13 PM
    Can anyone take a vid of the harder to remove case?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-30-08 08:41 PM
    do you have the cardboard piece under the batt? I have a cover that would click with it and the card in at the same time.
    I don't....I loosened the screws under the battery cover (made a world of difference)

Other than that I have nothing on my phone

I could be an exception and not the norm. This is by far the best case for the storm I just need to work out my issue . It seems as though the Op and I see the only ones with trouble

12-30-08 10:21 PM
    Aw man, I have been patiently waiting for the "II" and holster ever since it was annouced, and I just got an email saying it shipped today. I really hope I get one that works the way its supposed to right out the box the first time, seeing how I've gone through FOUR defective storms since the launch date and FINALLY got one that works perfect! sigh...*fingers crossed*
    12-30-08 11:09 PM
    got my Innocase II today. i've been using the phone the past 2 weeks with the screws loosened (no card in the batt compartment) and screen clicked fine. installed the case (followed instructions) and screen wouldn't click at all. tightened the screws and tried the card in the batt compartment instead, reinstalled the case and it was slightly better but still much worse than without the case. I guess this one is going back to Seidio.

EDIT: I tightened the screws, removed the card from the battery compartment and went instead with the felt pad fix Felt Pad Fix

Put the case back on and the screen seems to click just fine now. Very happy with the case.
    Last edited by srgolub; 01-01-09 at 10:25 AM. Reason: Fixed -
    12-30-08 11:22 PM
    I bought the Inno II since it appeared to be a slide in case and not a 2 piece. They have since put more pics and corrected the wording on their website. The company has just been stellar with their customer service. The product I could not be happier with. I will probably end up getting the Innocase I as well to see which I like better. As I never had any problems with the clicking on my Storm screen.

Could it be the a bad mold? Maybe if they looked at all the batches that people were having problems with, it might just come down to a single mold?

SidIrish

And how about those cradles?
    12-31-08 09:12 AM
    I got my innocase II on the day after xmas and it works perfectly. I don't see how its possible that it could effect the screen click. As for removing and reinstalling the case its easy as **** just pull the bottom piece off and pop the device out left side first and to reinstall put the right side in first then left and slide the bottom on. I have taken my case off a few times now and never had any problems. ...

SIDIRISH: How could you not tell by looking at the pictures of the case on Seidios' site that it was 2 pieces? You can see it clear as day.
    Last edited by Reed McLay; 12-31-08 at 07:09 PM. Reason: Argumentative
    12-31-08 10:00 AM
    Just a thought....I play around with plastics a lot and a hair dryer for a few seconds on plastic will make it a little more plyable and may help with the initial fit.

Not saying this is a fix just an idea/suggestion. I have had Seido cases before and been VERY HAPPY with them.

Crap how can you go wrong with SIEDO when a guy who works there is dishing out customer service on the Crackberry site!!!
    12-31-08 10:01 AM
    Superman...it fits perfectly. The wording on the website was a bit misleading ((not intenionally I'm sure) (but it is fixed now!)) where it sounded like you could load it from the top.

Initially there was just one pic on the website when I ordered mine. I didn't fawn over the pic like I should have and noticed the small crack line that would indicate it was 2 pieces. After a message on the Forum and a message to customer service, they hopped right on it and had pics up on the website in a few hours. Amazing. Not saying that it was me that caused them to do that, just that they are a very attentative about their customers wants, needs, and concerns, and will do what they can to make their customers happy.

AND... in each post I have said that I don't have a problem with the case. I love it. I just didn't want anyone else to think it was a 1 piece case that could be loaded from the top.

SidIrish
    12-31-08 10:34 AM
    We've still been unable to duplicate the problem, but after more research I have a possible theory.

It looks like the only people having a screen problem with the Innocase II have modified their devices by loosening the screws or sliding in a card. Is there anyone here having this problem that has NOT done either one of these?

Thanks,
    12-31-08 11:01 AM
    I have the innocase II and have loosened the screws....no problems with my screen clicking at all...works perfect..awesome case!
    12-31-08 11:14 AM
    I just received my Innocase II and holster today. I currently have been using a folded business card on top of my battery for the perfect click. My click was never that bad before the business card trick but it improved it especially on the top middle under the blackberry logo.

When I installed the Innocase II per the instructions my screen imediately stopped clicking. I removed the case and took out the business card and reinstalled the case. The screen clicks properly. Not as good as when I had the card there but not too bad. Overall Im happy and may try adjusting the screws to help with not having the business card and see if it still clicks with the Innocase II.

I think it may be safe to say the Innocase II and the business card do not mix well. The Innocase II may help slightly with the click after you remove the business card. I have not tested it on and off enough to decide.

I also have Ghost Armour on the screen, the 4 buttons on the bottom and the ear piece where the bb logo is. Not anywhere where the case covers. This works awesome because the whole phones protected and it still looks great. When I put the phone in the holster even if I dont lift the clip it only touches the ghost armor no worrying about scratches

By the way the case goes on and off very easily and looks great!
    12-31-08 04:54 PM
    I got my Innocase II on the day after Xmas and it works perfectly. I don't see how its possible that it could effect the screen click. As for removing and reinstalling the case its easy as **** just pull the bottom piece off and pop the device out left side first and to reinstall put the right side in first then left and slide the bottom on. I have taken my case off a few times now and never had any problems. Seems like there is a bunch of whine girls on this forum.

SID IRISH: How could you not tell by looking at the pictures of the case on Seidios' site that it was 2 pieces? You can see it clear as day.
    have you ever felt ignored in your life???

We've still been unable to duplicate the problem, but after more research I have a possible theory.

It looks like the only people having a screen problem with the Innocase II have modified their devices by loosening the screws or sliding in a card. Is there anyone here having this problem that has NOT done either one of these?

Thanks,
    I too have adjusted screws and after the difference it makes will never go back.
    i don't disagree that that is the difference here. different manufacturers, different molds etc. will play an important roll in an item.
    i certainly received a phone i am happy with and will keep. but in my business, which entails inspecting goods made off-shore and has problems that we fix know all product are not the same.
    i will happily use the "I" even though it's not as "cool" looking because protection is #1 for me.
    Thanks for your continued GREAT customer support!!!
    12-31-08 06:08 PM
    He mentioned that they would test it before they sent it to me. I was a little surprised at that comment. I figured it was tested extensively before being sold.
    Just like any product of this nature, it would just be way to counterproductive to have to 'test' every unit that goes out. No company that mass produces a product does. Just something to deal with as a consumer.
    12-31-08 06:45 PM
    Just got mine in the mail. Love it! I think it makes my storm look classy stealth ninja status. Haha. Btw no problems with mine.

01-01-09 04:02 PM
    I just received my Innocase II and holster today. I currently have been using a folded business card on top of my battery for the perfect click. My click was never that bad before the business card trick but it improved it especially on the top middle under the blackberry logo.

When I installed the Innocase II per the instructions my screen imediately stopped clicking. I removed the case and took out the business card and reinstalled the case. The screen clicks properly. Not as good as when I had the card there but not too bad. Overall Im happy and may try adjusting the screws to help with not having the business card and see if it still clicks with the Innocase II.

I think it may be safe to say the Innocase II and the business card do not mix well. The Innocase II may help slightly with the click after you remove the business card. I have not tested it on and off enough to decide.

I also have Ghost Armour on the screen, the 4 buttons on the bottom and the ear piece where the bb logo is. Not anywhere where the case covers. This works awesome because the whole phones protected and it still looks great. When I put the phone in the holster even if I dont lift the clip it only touches the ghost armor no worrying about scratches

By the way the case goes on and off very easily and looks great!

Do you think the holster will scratch the top of the phone? Does it brush up against the exposed plastic when putting the phone in?
    01-01-09 05:10 PM
    Do you think the holster will scratch the top of the phone? Does it brush up against the exposed plastic when putting the phone in?
    I got my ii and clip holster yesterday and had the same issue with no clicking. I took one of the credit cards out from under the battery door and that helped. But even with removing both the screen click is definately tighter and problematic on the edges. With the spring clip yes the clip will rub the phone but I have been putting it in upside down. Not sure yet if I will return the case or not.

01-01-09 06:31 PM
    I got my ii and clip holster yesterday and had the same issue with no clicking. I took one of the credit cards out from under the battery door and that helped. But even with removing both the screen click is definately tighter and problematic on the edges. With the spring clip yes the clip will rub the phone but I have been putting it in upside down. Not sure yet if I will return the case or not.

I had to remove my business card as well with this case. I did go out to lowes and bought the felt pads talked about in the thread listed below

http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/pe...oblems-125406/

The spot where he showes the pad did not work for me but I tried a bunch of different spots with the case and finally made it click good with the case. I used a small pad and its stuck on the batt door by the battery
    01-01-09 10:38 PM
    Just received mine. Lost all screen click like many others. Also, the holster will mark up the top of the phone over time. Returning mine for the innocase 1.

01-02-09 10:48 AM
    Mine just came in the mail this morning. I've had no click issues with my Storm; therefore, I haven't done any "fixes". The case fits great and my screen clicks the same as it did without it on. I also have the invisible shield on the screen as well, so fit-up isn't any concern with the IS. Just make sure you read the instructions prior to putting on the case. There is a particular method you have to use when installing. Aside from the obvious additional bulk, I love the rubber feel. I previously had a HTC Touch w/ Sprint which comes with this type of "rubber". My only concern with the Storm was that I would one day allow it to slip out of my hands. Now, with this case on, I feel like I have a much better grip on the phone.

The phone fits very well in the holster. People have concern with the holster marking the top of the phone with the II case. You won't mark it unless you fail to lift the spring clip, don't just force the phone into it like a "traditional" hard plastic holster. I have had several of Seidio's holsters before with similar retaining clips. I have never marked any of them, just lift the clip. Hope this helps some in making a choice.
    01-02-09 12:55 PM
    Just realized something else. You cant charge the storm when in the holster. Annoying and could have easily been accounted for.
    01-02-09 04:09 PM
90 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD