They say that becuase thier belief is that people hold up the clip and instert the phone and then fix the clip into place. This method obviously causes no rubbing. The part they fail to understand is that NOBODY does it this way. They put the bottom of the phone in and then push the phone until it locks in place. If you use the innocase without the protective top and insert it the way most people will your phone will get scuffed. guaranteed.
    well can anyone confirm this who uses the spring-clip holster? Does the holster wear the top of the storm down?

I really want to order the Innocase II but if I get the Innocase holster and it will cause damage to the phone then i'll have to look elsewhere. I plan on taking the phone out of the Innocase at night to charge in my cradle.

Over prolonged use i think the slide on form factor of II vs I will hold up to daily tear down and reassembly. I'm not sold on the Innocase I clip together form factor.

Someone push me over the edge already so i can order the Innocase II.

Also, I did get a response directly from Seidio regarding this:

"Our Innocase holster is designed to not damage a Blackberry Storm thats using our Innocase II. This is something that our designers took into very strong consideration when it came to designing both the case and holster. Theyve added a small lip to the bottom of the Innocase Holsters retention clip to keep it from scratching the phone."

Thoughts?
    12-23-08 09:07 AM
    Well I have had at least 3 of these on various models. I can say from experience that I do hold clip as I inserted my 8830. Did I do this all the time, probably not. The clip (at least on the 8830) has a rubber end, plastic did NOT touch the phone. Think of it as a mini windshield wiper blade.
    12-23-08 09:12 AM
    Well I have had at least 3 of these on various models. I can say from experience that I do hold clip as I inserted my 8830. Did I do this all the time, probably not. The clip (at least on the 8830) has a rubber end, plastic did NOT touch the phone. Think of it as a mini windshield wiper blade.
    I used the holster on my VZW 8330 and it scratched the top of the phone within a week.
    12-23-08 09:16 AM
    so you're saying you saw no signs of wear?

Good visual on the windshield wiper blade description, makes perfect sense in my mind. How did that hold up? seems like that piece itself could wear over time. Then again, maybe i'm being too critical (but it is $50!).

PS - I graduate from The Ohio State University last May. GO BUCKS
    12-23-08 09:16 AM
    I have revised my post accordingly.
    12-23-08 09:17 AM
    That's disappointing.

I left a message on the phone with Seidio a second ago and i'm going to see if they'll offer a replacement guarantee. They made a strong claim in the email they sent me and i'm up for trying it, but if they do damage the phone i would like some peace of mind that they'll help me get a new one. (and a grammar book b/c that's a heck of a sentence)

...just thought about it...."shyeah, and pigs might fly out of my b u t t"
    12-23-08 09:22 AM
    Here is a picture of the clip for the 8330. As you can see, the rubber soft part is fronted by the plastic clip. The plastic front hits the top of the phone, lifts and locks in once the phone is behind it.

Without physically lifting the clip as you put it in, scratching is going to happen. A new design of the clip not withstanding.

Added link to Seidio's page with the holster close ups. It appears to be the same design.

Seidioonline - Your Leading Manufacturer of Smartphone Accessories
    Last edited by garment69; 12-23-08 at 09:27 AM.
    12-23-08 09:25 AM
    "Our Innocase holster is designed to not damage a Blackberry Storm thats using our Innocase II. This is something that our designers took into very strong consideration when it came to designing both the case and holster. Theyve added a small lip to the bottom of the Innocase Holsters retention clip to keep it from scratching the phone."

This is the response i got from them as I mentioned earlier. I wonder if this is referring to your picture's design. Hmm.

Thanks for the picture and warning. So from what i gathered, that lighter lip is the rubber and the rest is harder plastic?
    12-23-08 09:32 AM
    Does anyone know if Seido offers discounts or are there any online coupons?
    12-23-08 09:32 AM
    "Our Innocase holster is designed to not damage a Blackberry Storm that’s using our Innocase II. This is something that our designers took into very strong consideration when it came to designing both the case and holster. They’ve added a small lip to the bottom of the Innocase Holster’s retention clip to keep it from scratching the phone."

This is the response i got from them as I mentioned earlier. I wonder if this is referring to your picture's design. Hmm.

Thanks for the picture and warning. So from what i gathered, that lighter lip is the rubber and the rest is harder plastic?
    Exactly.

I believe, as I mentioned, that Siedio assumes you are using the "approved" method of putting your phone in the holster. I remember this coming up before. People from Seidio are on here often, wouldnt be suprised to see them chime in.
    12-23-08 09:34 AM
    Exactly.

I believe, as I mentioned, that Siedio assumes you are using the "approved" method of putting your phone in the holster. I remember this coming up before. People from Seidio are on here often, wouldnt be suprised to see them chime in.
    Thanks for the great input. This has been a big help. Guess I'm still on the fence for now. Happy Holidays!
    12-23-08 09:36 AM
    Thanks for the great input. This has been a big help. Guess I'm still on the fence for now. Happy Holidays!
    Too you as well.

I am going to wait for the full cover case and holster combo. My only concern is access to the top hard buttoms through those cut outs, but I guess I will see.

Good luck!!
    12-23-08 09:39 AM
    so you're saying you saw no signs of wear?

Good visual on the windshield wiper blade description, makes perfect sense in my mind. How did that hold up? seems like that piece itself could wear over time. Then again, maybe i'm being too critical (but it is $50!).

PS - I graduate from The Ohio State University last May. GO BUCKS
    Held up well.

Great you graduated, at least it is a BIG10 school.
    12-23-08 10:05 AM
    Well looks like you can pre-order the innocase I & II. Shipping the week on the 29th.

One thing a wonder after looking at the case for the iphone 3g, I wonder if the Storm case has a cutout on the back so you can see the Blackberry logo like the iphone case has the cutout for the apple logo? I think that would be pretty cool!
    12-23-08 11:03 AM
    I was curious if any of you knew if the horizontal case they are selling with the innocase II has the magnets in the right place to allow sleep mode in the case. I emailed them last night but have not heard back. Any of you guys know?
    12-23-08 11:06 AM
    Well looks like you can pre-order the innocase I & II. Shipping the week on the 29th.

One thing a wonder after looking at the case for the iphone 3g, I wonder if the Storm case has a cutout on the back so you can see the Blackberry logo like the iphone case has the cutout for the apple logo? I think that would be pretty cool!
    I only show the innocase II available for order.
    12-23-08 11:07 AM
    i think seidioseidio should hook us up with an online coupon code so we can get like 10% off for being such awesome patient customers!

anyone else agree? haha
    12-23-08 11:18 AM
    I only show the innocase II available for order.
    My bad I thought I saw I also, eitherway I will be ordering the II. I don't use silly holsters, so I don't have to worry about the scratching from that.
    12-23-08 11:40 AM
    silly willy
    12-23-08 11:57 AM
    I am definitely getting the I because the top of my first Storm got really scratched up without a case on it. I just think its pointless to have that little bit open just so people know you have a BlackBerry

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-23-08 12:01 PM
    I am definitely getting the I because the top of my first Storm got really scratched up without a case on it. I just think its pointless to have that little bit open just so people know you have a BlackBerry

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I dont think that is why this design exists. It is intended as a SLIP IN CASE, unlike the INO I which is "snapped" together like a sandwhich. I personally like the looks of the II, plus I use buttons at top and on my 8830 I always felt like I was "diggin" around to hit buttons. To each it's own, but I did not buy to show the BB logo....
    12-23-08 12:04 PM
    ordered one:

Innocase II Surface - Black
    12-23-08 12:47 PM
    I dont think that is why this design exists. It is intended as a SLIP IN CASE, unlike the INO I which is "snapped" together like a sandwhich. I personally like the looks of the II, plus I use buttons at top and on my 8830 I always felt like I was "diggin" around to hit buttons. To each it's own, but I did not buy to show the BB logo....
    The INNO II reminds me of Tom Cruise with a bald head from Tropic Thunder
    12-23-08 01:31 PM
    Hey guys. As some of you have said, the choice between the two cases really does come down to personal preference. Here are the advantages of each:

Innocase - more coverage, less possibility of clip rubbing your device (when not used per our instructions of course)

Innocase II - shows off your wonderful Blackberry logo, slides off for easier removal

Of course, is you're worried about the clip rubbing your device you can always opt for one of our leather case combos. This is actually the arrangement I'm currently using with my iPhone 3G.

In regards to easier removal, this won't be necessary if we manufacture a cradle that works with or without our case! (hint, hint)

I know I probably didn't make your decision any easier, but you really can't go wrong with either case.

Thanks,
    12-23-08 05:27 PM
    Hey guys. As some of you have said, the choice between the two cases really does come down to personal preference. Here are the advantages of each:

Innocase - more coverage, less possibility of clip rubbing your device (when not used per our instructions of course)

Innocase II - shows off your wonderful Blackberry logo, slides off for easier removal

Of course, is you're worried about the clip rubbing your device you can always opt for one of our leather case combos. This is actually the arrangement I'm currently using with my iPhone 3G.

In regards to easier removal, this won't be necessary if we manufacture a cradle that works with or without our case! (hint, hint)

I know I probably didn't make your decision any easier, but you really can't go wrong with either case.

Thanks,
    Any idea when Innocase I will be available?

hint hint as in the Inno Dock?!
    12-23-08 05:56 PM
121 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD