Finally, had to post 9 times just to post this :/. - And now I'm thinking this is in the wrong section.... But my phone's a Bold so it's half correct!

I got this case not too long ago but now am realizing how much it sucks, during the beginning it was a decent case. It was just as the review here said it would be. But what reviews never do is show how the case is over time and only show first impressions.

First, the dust that gets under the screen part of it is just insanely too much.
    Second, the case doesn't protect the phone at all. I dropped the phone and the case just opens up and the bold bounces right out and gets a scratch on my keyboard.
    Third, the opening for the track ball plastic is rubbing off from using the track ball... Hard to explain but look at the pictures for better explanations.
    Finally, this is not exactly Seido's fault but I can't use my Bold cradle...

I Knew I should have gone with Case-Mate or left my phone with the stock BB rubber casing. At least when it falls with that on I don't get any scratches.

Side by Side
    Scratch :/
    Insane amount of dust....
    Trackball surround peeling

Looks like more people are having issues. Owch...

This thread isn't just me trying to "make some noise" and to get a new case. I honestly don't want one if I will have the same issues as I do right now, just trying to help everyone else.
    Last edited by arashb; 06-25-09 at 02:33 AM.
    06-25-09 02:22 AM
    Thanks for your valuable insights into the Innocase 360 and sorry to hear about your phone. I'm was leaning towards not getting the case anyway b/c I don't want it to scratch my bezel. but your post puts me over the fence.
    06-25-09 03:09 AM
    Thanks for your valuable insights into the Innocase 360 and sorry to hear about your phone. I'm was leaning towards not getting the case anyway b/c I don't want it to scratch my bezel. but your post puts me over the fence.
    Eh don't worry about my phone. Just gives me a reason to black it out . But yeah another thing this case engraves things into the bezel. There's this black spot I cannot get off. Thankfully the screen isn't scratched. That's just finger prints on the pictures.

If I really wanted I'm sure Seido would give me a new case, from what I've heard their costumer service is great.
    06-25-09 03:20 AM
    dang, and to think seidio is supposed to be quality. can't say I've had much luck with their products, I got a hybrid case (clear front/rubberized back) for my curve last year and the damn thing scratched the bottom of my screen all to helll.

I recommend the Case-Mate smart skin, it gives good protection and looks awesome too. the only thing they need to work on would be around the trackball, it's a little difficult to navigate. but it's worth it, even just for the awesome way it enhances the typing experience.
    06-25-09 03:21 AM
    dang, and to think seidio is supposed to be quality. can't say I've had much luck with their products, I got a hybrid case (clear front/rubberized back) for my curve last year and the damn thing scratched the bottom of my screen all to helll.

I recommend the Case-Mate smart skin, it gives good protection and looks awesome too. the only thing they need to work on would be around the trackball, it's a little difficult to navigate. but it's worth it, even just for the awesome way it enhances the typing experience.
    Agreed 100%!! Casemate's SmartSkin is terrific! Seidio has a good idea behind their product, but it's the fact that their products completely defeat their own purpose of existence!

Chris
    06-25-09 03:55 AM
    im gonna have to agree with you on some points. ive had the case for close to 2 weeks and it was great for the first few days. i dropped it a couple times and the case opened but my phone didnt fall out like yours. the main problems i have with it are that the screen protector has gotten scratched so much and theres no way to replace it and i also have the dust under the screen problem.
    06-25-09 03:57 AM
    I am getting increasingly interested with protecting my bold...but when I tried out a few cases, it hampers the ability to text. So with the case mate, one of u guys said that it actually enhances typing...in what way is that?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-25-09 06:59 AM
    Wow... I am so glad to be reading this right now, ordered a smart skin over the weekend, and it just came in, so I'm anxious to leave work and put it on. The funny thing is I spent three days debating between the smart skin or the innocase 360, and finally went with what seemed to be more established with an equal, if not greater number of glowing reviews. I am sorry to hear about the issues the OP had but right now I'm just glad I made the decision I did.
    06-25-09 07:26 AM
    Agreed 100%!! Casemate's SmartSkin is terrific!
    I just got my SmartSkin, I agree it looks good, and I'm sure it'll protect my BB from surface scratches. But this rubber is so thin and loose fitting, I doubt it will protect my Bold should I drop it to a concrete floor...
    06-25-09 07:38 AM
    Tronyx - what makes the smart skin so good? haven't bought a case yet so all opinions gratefully received!
    06-25-09 07:45 AM
    Tronyx - what makes the smart skin so good? haven't bought a case yet so all opinions gratefully received!
    It's a silicon case complete with keypad cover. Just add a screen protector and it works great. It provide some impact resistance and protects your Bold.

Chris
    06-25-09 07:49 AM
    Probably a little OT for this thread, but maybe not.

The screen protector part, would it interfere with the Clarivue protector I have on the Bold now? I got that thing on my Bold with absolutely no air bubbles or dust under it. In fact, it cannot even be seen unless you look around the ear hole. I wouldn't want to risk that thing coming off as it was a pain to get on so perfectly.

I'm thinking I need some sort of case for use at the pool. The Seido and Otterbox have been mentioned. I don't like the idea of getting tanning oil in the keyboard and try to avoid it. But you know how oils are. They get places they were never intended.
    06-25-09 09:27 AM
    Finally, had to post 9 times just to post this :/. - And now I'm thinking this is in the wrong section.... But my phone's a Bold so it's half correct!

I got this case not too long ago but now am realizing how much it sucks, during the beginning it was a decent case. It was just as the review here said it would be. But what reviews never do is show how the case is over time and only show first impressions.

First, the dust that gets under the screen part of it is just insanely too much.
    Second, the case doesn't protect the phone at all. I dropped the phone and the case just opens up and the bold bounces right out and gets a scratch on my keyboard.
    Third, the opening for the track ball plastic is rubbing off from using the track ball... Hard to explain but look at the pictures for better explanations.
    Finally, this is not exactly Seido's fault but I can't use my Bold cradle...

I Knew I should have gone with Case-Mate or left my phone with the stock BB rubber casing. At least when it falls with that on I don't get any scratches.

Side by Side
    Scratch :/
    Insane amount of dust....
    Trackball surround peeling

Looks like more people are having issues. Owch...

This thread isn't just me trying to "make some noise" and to get a new case. I honestly don't want one if I will have the same issues as I do right now, just trying to help everyone else.
    Hello,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience with your case and we wanted to help! There was an quality issue affecting a small batch of the keyboard covers that caused the peeling, but that has since been addressed and should not occur on the new ones. If you like, please PM me your order information and we will be more than happy to send you an updated replacement!
    06-25-09 01:03 PM
    I just got my SmartSkin, I agree it looks good, and I'm sure it'll protect my BB from surface scratches. But this rubber is so thin and loose fitting, I doubt it will protect my Bold should I drop it to a concrete floor...
    As long as it doesn't open up when you drop it you should be safe. I dropped my phone with the factory rubber case on and not one scratch anywhere .

Probably a little OT for this thread, but maybe not.

The screen protector part, would it interfere with the Clarivue protector I have on the Bold now? I got that thing on my Bold with absolutely no air bubbles or dust under it. In fact, it cannot even be seen unless you look around the ear hole. I wouldn't want to risk that thing coming off as it was a pain to get on so perfectly.

I'm thinking I need some sort of case for use at the pool. The Seido and Otterbox have been mentioned. I don't like the idea of getting tanning oil in the keyboard and try to avoid it. But you know how oils are. They get places they were never intended.
    When I push down on the plastic screen protector on the case there is a little bit of space. So you should be fine, but I'm not sure. Next time you install a screen protector try spraying alot of water on it, you can move it around and no air bubbles. Then squeegee out all the water and it's perfect.
    06-25-09 01:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD