This is not a good review. I ordered the Seido battery door for my curve and thought it would be awesome. It was backordered for a couple of weeks, but finally arrived. I loved the feel and look of it and was bragging to all my friends. After about 4 days of use the door started to fall off. It fell off at one point and a coworker handed it back to me. I will have to say that this item is junk and I feel that my $20 was wasted. Four ******** days? You could just push on the door slightly and it would pop off. Total waste of time, excitement and effor. I have put the original door back on my curve and will keep it that way until they fix the problems and others are willing to take a risk. It's too bad as I was so excited about the product. I loved the color and feel of it, but it's not doing any good laying on the floor.
    04-15-08 06:15 AM
    Did you complain to the manufacture or to whom ever you bought it from?? Did they fix your problem?
    04-15-08 06:53 AM
    I have not taken any action as of yet. Basically all these events transpired between last Thursday and today. I purchased the door through cb.com and will contact their customer service department. The main point of the post is to share my experience with the product and to see if other buyers have had the same problem.
    04-15-08 08:02 AM
    That is fair, but you came off fairly strong. I think before you dump on a product the manufacture should be given a chance to rectify the situation. Maybe yours is defective, it happens.
    04-15-08 09:34 AM
    Man sorry about your situation. Is this the one with the speaker hole? I was getting ready to order it too.
    04-19-08 04:17 AM
    Yes it is the one with the speaker hole. It has a cool feel to it, but it just keeps falling off. The OEM battery door has a little piece of material right over where the battery sits. I'm wondering if that helps lock it into place since the seido does not have this piece of material.
    04-19-08 07:38 AM
    Sorry to hear you are having problems with yours. I have the same one and think it is awesome. I bought through the CB store and had it about a month with no problems. The only thing I think they need to fix is the little mirror on the back for the camera, it sticks out to far and needs to be recessed more, but that's it no poping off or even being loose. You might just have a defective one.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-19-08 10:03 AM
    i have the same battery door with the speaker hole. the only gripe i have is that the little tab where the battery door clicks into place is 1mm or so off compared to the oem door. but it fits snuggly. just have to work it tightly to stay on. like reckum said, you might have a defective one. good luck checkin that out my friend.
    04-23-08 02:05 PM
    I have already replaced mine for the same reason and now on the replacement the coating on the door is coming off. Will ask for a replacement one more time.
    04-23-08 02:22 PM
    I have one and the fit is not great either.

It's slight raised on one side like it's not secure.

It does bother me.
    04-23-08 03:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD