So I think I might get an extended battery that is same size as OEM or the big 3500mAh one. I was just curious if there were any holsters or cases that worked with it.

And if I go with an extended battery that does fit in original cover, anyone buy one of the chinese ones on ebay?
    04-06-09 10:32 PM
    So I think I might get an extended battery that is same size as OEM or the big 3500mAh one. I was just curious if there were any holsters or cases that worked with it.

And if I go with an extended battery that does fit in original cover, anyone buy one of the chinese ones on ebay?
    I bought the Seido battery that is larger than the original. It has twice the power and lasts twice as long as the original. It lasts me a full day with my normal usage. I use my phone a lot. It comes with the replacement back cover which so far is all working great. It fits right in to my side pouch also with no problem. And yes I bought it off ebay. Hope this helps.
    04-06-09 10:48 PM
    My personal recommendation would be to go with the Seidio battery. Seidio makes fantastic products across the board, and I have no problem trusting them with my powerpack. I do have the 3500 mAh battery and replacement back, and I love it. Seidio makes a holster/pouch which fits the Bold and battery. Also, if you like their clip-in holsters, you can still use the standard size clip-in holster with the extended battery. The Bold goes in face-first, so the extended back doesn't make a difference.

Have fun!
    04-06-09 10:54 PM
    Oh, my recommendation would be to stay away from the cheap Chinese batteries offered on eBay. Battery performance depends _so much_ on build quality that I would doubt the claims, longevity, and safety (to the device) of a random unknown/unnamed source. Seidio is expensive, yes. Their products are well worth the money - well, most of them. A few of them suck, but if you get something that does suck, they're happy to take it back.

-E
    04-06-09 10:59 PM
    So it works with the spring clip holster, but it looks like it scratches the top of the bold a bit?
    04-07-09 10:10 PM
    Scratches the top of the Bold? Not really, the Seidio material is pretty nice to phone finishes. If you're super-paranoid about the area where the spring clip contacts the phone, you can always lift the clip with your thumb while inserting the phone and just 'set' the phone in rather than slamming it in.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-07-09 10:25 PM
    Cool. Now to find the best deal. Thanks!
    04-07-09 10:55 PM
    check out my review on this battery under the Community reviews
    04-07-09 11:10 PM
    to anyone who has it, how much bulk does it add to the phone in terms of not just size, but weight?
    04-08-09 12:08 AM
    Which pouch works with this battery?
    04-08-09 11:24 PM
    As I know, a 3500 mah solar charger built-in large capacity battery would be better.
    04-14-10 05:11 AM
    the OEM holsters and pouches are not big enough to work with the 3500. When I had it on my 8900, I also purchased the premium holster from Seidio that was made specifically for the extended battery and door. Pricey yes, but worth every dollar. The Seidio holster is high quality, every bit as good as the Berry OEM.
    04-14-10 07:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD