05-31-09 09:51 PM
234 ... 45678 ...
tools
    I have had my new battery for a few days now.
    I am on my second charge and so far I have been off the charger for over 36 hours and I am only down to 75% left.
    With the battery that came w/ the Pearl 8130 I would have had to charge it 2 times in that same 36 hours.
    Is it possible that the included battery isn't as large as stated? It is supposed to be 900mAh. It seems to be much less than 25% smaller that the Seido 1250mAh battery.

regards
    02-10-08 11:17 AM
    AH!
    My battery/case/screen protector just showed up.

Thanks SEidio
    02-11-08 12:50 PM
    I have had my new battery for a few days now.
    I am on my second charge and so far I have been off the charger for over 36 hours and I am only down to 75% left.
    With the battery that came w/ the Pearl 8130 I would have had to charge it 2 times in that same 36 hours.
    Is it possible that the included battery isn't as large as stated? It is supposed to be 900mAh. It seems to be much less than 25% smaller that the Seido 1250mAh battery.

regards
    So far for me I'm seeing better life, but not as drastic as I had hoped. On average with the stock battery I would drain about %50 in a normal days use (sometimes a tad more). With the Seido battery I'm draining between 20-40 (sometimes a tad more) a day. If I stretch it, I can get two days.

Note: I've only charged about two to three times so far and the package material did indicate life should improve after 5-6 charges.

I've got the standard stuff running plus bluetooth enabled (though not connected to anything for most of the day - except for a 20 minute ride in the morning and a 5 minute desktop synch in the afternoon), mail, google synch, and jivetalk.
    02-11-08 04:03 PM
    I wonder if the Bluetooth actually consumes more battery since it is searching for devices until it connects. When I'm in certain situations, I turn off the Bluetooth in "Connections". I get much better battery life this way. Also, the Seidio battery is supposed to increase life by about 30%. Seems to me it's doing that for you. I did my initial charge Saturday night and have not recharged since. I still have about 60% life showing. I'm impressed.
    02-11-08 09:15 PM
    Charged my battery all night!
    I'll provide and an update today or tomorrow
    02-12-08 07:40 AM
    got mine in and running so far so good! A definate notice is extra power all though im only on my first charge.

It says to do 5-6 FULL charges, so does this mean to let it drain completly 5-6 times, them do normal topping off?

Cant wait to try my 8830 one too! If seidio ever ships it to me, i odered it and they charged me for it but never sent it with my pearl battery
    02-12-08 06:40 PM
    got mine in and running so far so good! A definate notice is extra power all though im only on my first charge.

It says to do 5-6 FULL charges, so does this mean to let it drain completly 5-6 times, them do normal topping off?

Cant wait to try my 8830 one too! If seidio ever ships it to me, i odered it and they charged me for it but never sent it with my pearl battery
    From post #76 in this thread.

Read thru this...
    Whats The Quickest Way To..

Than this...How to prolong lithium-based batteries

Copied from above site...

Simple Guidelines
    Avoid frequent full discharges because this puts additional strain on the battery. Several partial discharges with frequent recharges are better for lithium-ion than one deep one. Recharging a partially charged lithium-ion does not cause harm because there is no memory. (In this respect, lithium-ion differs from nickel-based batteries.) Short battery life in a laptop is mainly cause by heat rather than charge / discharge patterns.
    Batteries with fuel gauge (laptops) should be calibrated by applying a deliberate full discharge once every 30 charges. Running the pack down in the equipment does this. If ignored, the fuel gauge will become increasingly less accurate and in some cases cut off the device prematurely.
    Keep the lithium-ion battery cool. Avoid a hot car. For prolonged storage, keep the battery at a 40% charge level.
    Consider removing the battery from a laptop when running on fixed power. (Some laptop manufacturers are concerned about dust and moisture accumulating inside the battery casing.)
    Avoid purchasing spare lithium-ion batteries for later use. Observe manufacturing dates. Do not buy old stock, even if sold at clearance prices.
    If you have a spare lithium-ion battery, use one to the fullest and keep the other cool by placing it in the refrigerator. Do not freeze the battery. For best results, store the battery at 40% state-of-charge.
    02-12-08 08:37 PM
    From post #76 in this thread.

Read thru this...
    Whats The Quickest Way To..

Than this...How to prolong lithium-based batteries

Copied from above site...

Simple Guidelines
    Avoid frequent full discharges because this puts additional strain on the battery. Several partial discharges with frequent recharges are better for lithium-ion than one deep one. Recharging a partially charged lithium-ion does not cause harm because there is no memory. (In this respect, lithium-ion differs from nickel-based batteries.) Short battery life in a laptop is mainly cause by heat rather than charge / discharge patterns.
    Batteries with fuel gauge (laptops) should be calibrated by applying a deliberate full discharge once every 30 charges. Running the pack down in the equipment does this. If ignored, the fuel gauge will become increasingly less accurate and in some cases cut off the device prematurely.
    Keep the lithium-ion battery cool. Avoid a hot car. For prolonged storage, keep the battery at a 40% charge level.
    Consider removing the battery from a laptop when running on fixed power. (Some laptop manufacturers are concerned about dust and moisture accumulating inside the battery casing.)
    Avoid purchasing spare lithium-ion batteries for later use. Observe manufacturing dates. Do not buy old stock, even if sold at clearance prices.
    If you have a spare lithium-ion battery, use one to the fullest and keep the other cool by placing it in the refrigerator. Do not freeze the battery. For best results, store the battery at 40% state-of-charge.

Yea i already seen that awhile back,thanks,,but i mean what exactly does siedio recomend.5-6 FULL charges?
    02-12-08 09:25 PM
    Yea i already seen that awhile back,thanks,,but i mean what exactly does siedio recomend.5-6 FULL charges?
    I would thing they mean charge to full capacity. Not say only to 3/4.
    02-12-08 10:08 PM
    Mine is in the mail. I'll post a review also.
    02-12-08 10:10 PM
    I'm taking it down to 5-10% before fully recharging for my 1st 5-6.
    02-12-08 10:15 PM
    I'm taking it down to 5-10% before fully recharging for my 1st 5-6.
    thats what im ganna do also
    02-13-08 09:17 AM
    So everyone is pretty pleased with it? Anyone have the hybrid case? Thoughts on that?

Also, any discount codes for Seidio? Thanks
    02-13-08 02:02 PM
    sign me up also, if you dont have to change the current door. Like some other post how , does it have more power if its the same size??
    02-14-08 05:10 PM
    I purchased it and for some reasin the battery cover keeps slipping off. THe Crackberry store is going to replace it. I will let you know if he new one ois ok!
    02-14-08 05:19 PM
    I purchased it and for some reasin the battery cover keeps slipping off. THe Crackberry store is going to replace it. I will let you know if he new one ois ok!
    This battery is for BB8130.

Seidio
    02-14-08 06:58 PM
    My Battery lasted 3 days. Started using it at 645 am Eastern Standard Time and it just died at 7:24pm EST. Thats 1 extra day of battery life. Thanks Seidio
    02-14-08 07:24 PM
    My Battery lasted 3 days. Started using it at 645 am Eastern Standard Time and it just died at 7:24pm EST. Thats 1 extra day of battery life. Thanks Seidio
    I just got mine Wednesday, charged it up as instructed and turned it on at 7:30 a.m. Thursday morning. I used it moderately yesterday and today (I turn it off overnight) and right now I'm at 70%. It appears to be at least 30% better than the OEM battery, if not more.
    02-15-08 04:52 PM
    I got my battery and just love it. After extensive use all day long the battery holds strong until I have time to charge it at night. If I use it lightly I can go 2 days without recharging which is great coming from using WM6 devices that last 1 day with the extended battery.. I got the battery, case and holster and once again Seidio didn't let me down.
    02-16-08 11:28 PM
    I got the battery just before a trip to Mexico (along with a hybrid case). Love them both. The battery lasts at least 25% longer if not more and the hybrid case looks and fits very well. Very happy with both.
    02-17-08 07:18 PM
    In my hands right now. Will install later so I can charge overnight.
    Will post findings. But I'm sure they will be in line with others.
    02-18-08 09:40 AM
    In my hands right now.
    Its about time! You won't be disappointed, def worth the investment.
    02-18-08 09:53 AM
    Its about time! You won't be disappointed, def worth the investment.
    Well I'm not as fast as some people! Had to wait for...allowance, milk money, and I only get paid every other week from the paper route!
    02-18-08 10:16 AM
    Mine should be in the mail today or tomorrow hopefully. I'm definitely looking forward to not worrying about battery life at all.
    02-18-08 12:56 PM
    how long do you guys go on a charge ? How much email and internet do you do?
    02-18-08 08:14 PM
234 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD