03-09-09 04:32 PM
42 12
tools
    Has anyone had issues with Seidio Online's customer service?

I'm pretty frustrated. I ordered an Innocase II Combo for the first 8900 that I bought. I only had it for a day because I decided to return my phone since it was having problems. Anyway, Seidio got my case back on 2/12....and I STILL haven't gotten a credit....

I ended up getting a replacement phone and another case, but am getting pretty frustrated with them. I don't even know why they bother putting a phone number on their site because they NEVER answer. I've tried about 4 times and there's always a recording.

I've now emailed them about 3 times in regards to the credit I am waiting for and last I heard, they'd process it within 3 days. That was over 4 days ago!!!

Bad customer service IMO!!!
    kcmo,

I am truly sorry about your situation, and would like to make sure youre taken care of. Theres no excuse for your credit to have taken this long, and if you'll send your information to forum@seidio.com Ill make sure your problem is taken care of immediately.

In regards to the calling in, our customer service team is available at 832-204-1118 from 9am 5pm CST Monday through Friday. Our current phone system does not allow us to put customers in line, so if youre getting a message it means that all our representatives are on the line helping other customers or it is after hours. If youll leave a message I assure you someone will get back to you as soon as they can.

While I can completely understand your frustration, I would also like to point out that your situation is the exception and not the rule. Our customer service department works very hard to make sure all our customers are taken care of in a timely manner. We obviously dropped the ball in your case, but I'll make sure our customer service manager looks into this to insure it doesn't happen again.

Regarding Seidio, from my experience, the people who make a lot of noise about a problem with them here on Crackberry usually get a pretty decent "Public Resolution"... By this, I mean they will address the problem in a very good manner, PUBLICALLY... For those who don't somewhat bash them on the forum, well, they keep getting the same weak customer service as you are experiencing right now (I speak from experience)... Excellent move on your part to post up here... NOW you will get some action... My past experience was no response, but someone with my exact same issue was taken care of ASAP when it hit the forum... Poor Customer Service, GREAT Damage Control... That's just my experience with them...
    Risingsun124,

Its obvious that youre also very unhappy, and I want to apologize for your negative experience as well. We obviously fell short of your expectations and for this Im truly sorry. Im not sure if theres anything I can do at this point, but if youd like to email me at forum@seidio.com Id be happy to try.

Unfortunately you couldnt be more wrong about the customer service others get. We have hundreds of thousands of customers that are completely satisfied both with their product and the customer service they receive. Customers who do have issues are taken care of as quickly as possible and most are completely happy with the end result. Some of those that aren't use forums to vent their frustration.

Its obviously not typical for people to post a thread stating that they had a small problem with their order and were all fixed up, but people are much more likely to post when theyre not satisfied. Sometimes these complaints are completely warranted and sometimes theyre not. Either way Id rather have an opportunity to keep the customer than have them just decide to no longer do business with us.

Were here in the forums to provide information and to answer questions, but we also want to help anyone that has any type of problem. What youre calling damage control is what we consider just another layer of customer service.

Because peoples expectations are different we may never have a perfect customer service record, but well be here to try and help any of you that are less than satisfied.

Thanks,
    02-26-09 12:31 PM
    I am also frustrated with this company. I ordered three items on Friday 2/20 and paid the additional cost to have them shipped via FedEx, as I wanted to receive the items by the time I received my Storm. My credit card was promptly charged on Sat. 2/21. When the status of my order was still listed as "processing" on Wed. 2/25, I called Seidio customer service and was informed that the order had shipped on Tues. 2/24. I checked the tracking information and the items did not actually go out until 5 p.m. on Wed. 2/25 (the day that I called Seidio customer service). They are now due to arrive on Mon. 3/2. Hence, it will have taken essentially 10 days to receive an item shipped via FedEx. Seidio gets an "F" on this one. I am going to at least insist on a refund of the shipping charges.

I will post the results of my experience in this thread to let you know how Seidio handles this issue.

What really irritates me is that I ordered my Storm from Verizon on the very same day that I placed the Seidio order -- and I received my Storm before the Seidio order even shipped!

Here is my tracking log:

Ship date Feb 25, 2009
    Estimated delivery Mar 2, 2009 by 4:30 PM
    Destination
    Springfield, NJ

All shipment travel activity is displayed in local time for the location Date/Time Activity Location Details

Feb 25, 2009 10:22 PM At local FedEx facility HOUSTON, TX
    Feb 25, 2009 8:36 PM Left FedEx origin facility HOUSTON, TX
    Feb 25, 2009 5:06 PM Picked up HOUSTON, TX
    Feb 24, 2009 10:32 PMS Shipment information sent to FedEx
    Youngdoc,

I apologize for your frustration, but I think I can clarify this order.

We are not here on the weekends, so if your order was placed late Friday it would've been processed on Monday. All orders take up to 2 business days to process which would make your ship date Wednesday. The fact that your information was sent to Fedex on Tuesday means that your order was ready to go but our Fedex truck had already come and gone. Your items were picked up on Wednesday, but Fedex states that their Express Saver shipping can take 2-3 business days, putting your scheduled delivery on Monday.

Again I'm sorry if you're unhappy, but the two weekends obviously contributed to the delay.

If you'll send your contact and original order information to forum@seidio.com I'll be happy to look into this and verify that I'm correct.

Thanks,
    02-26-09 12:56 PM
    kcmo,

I am truly sorry about your situation, and would like to make sure youre taken care of. Theres no excuse for your credit to have taken this long, and if you'll send your information to forum@seidio.com Ill make sure your problem is taken care of immediately.

In regards to the calling in, our customer service team is available at 832-204-1118 from 9am 5pm CST Monday through Friday. Our current phone system does not allow us to put customers in line, so if youre getting a message it means that all our representatives are on the line helping other customers or it is after hours. If youll leave a message I assure you someone will get back to you as soon as they can.

While I can completely understand your frustration, I would also like to point out that your situation is the exception and not the rule. Our customer service department works very hard to make sure all our customers are taken care of in a timely manner. We obviously dropped the ball in your case, but I'll make sure our customer service manager looks into this to insure it doesn't happen again.
    Let me just say that while you're obviously making a public attempt here to 'look good', it's ALL BS! If you are going to run a business online and put up a phone number, then you either need to get MORE phone representatives, or MAKE IT A PRIORITY to call customers back within 24 hours!

Today marked the 5th time that I tried to call you and miraculously, someone named CHANG did answer the phone. The problem is, he didn't have my info despite my 3 emails and two other voicemails! He tried to argue that he only received my pkg on 2/20 when I have a FedEx tracking number showing it was delivered on 2/12!!!!! ENOUGH. He told me he'd call me back ASAP and it has already been almost an hour.

I will now have to call my credit card company to dispute the charge.

What a shame that Seidio is willing to risk losing customers because of their own INADEQUATE service skills!
    02-26-09 02:13 PM
    I'm glad I don't have to deal with what you guys are dealing with.

Seidioseidioseidio, I wanna know are you still gonna advertise 8300 curve products for 8900 curves or make new ones? It's clearly not the same phone.
    02-26-09 02:36 PM
    Let me just say that while you're obviously making a public attempt here to 'look good', it's ALL BS! If you are going to run a business online and put up a phone number, then you either need to get MORE phone representatives, or MAKE IT A PRIORITY to call customers back within 24 hours!

Today marked the 5th time that I tried to call you and miraculously, someone named CHANG did answer the phone. The problem is, he didn't have my info despite my 3 emails and two other voicemails! He tried to argue that he only received my pkg on 2/20 when I have a FedEx tracking number showing it was delivered on 2/12!!!!! ENOUGH. He told me he'd call me back ASAP and it has already been almost an hour.

I will now have to call my credit card company to dispute the charge.

What a shame that Seidio is willing to risk losing customers because of their own INADEQUATE service skills!
    kcmo,

I'm simply making an attempt to solve your problem. It's obvious I can't say anything at this point to make you happy, so I'm just trying to get your refund to you.

I asked you to send an email to forum@seidio.com but I never received anything. Now that I know who you spoke with I will get with that representative and make sure your refund is processed today.

Regards,
    02-26-09 03:31 PM
    kcmo,

I'm simply making an attempt to solve your problem. It's obvious I can't say anything at this point to make you happy, so I'm just trying to get your refund to you.

I asked you to send an email to forum@seidio.com but I never received anything. Now that I know who you spoke with I will get with that representative and make sure your refund is processed today.

Regards,
    I DID email you and I DID get the following automated response....so what do you mean you never received anything?

This e-mail is to confirm that we've received your inquiry. Your ticket number is [Ticket#1059790]. A member of our staff will review your questions within 1-2 business days.

Thank you,

Seidio Customer Service

It's obvious that the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing!
    02-26-09 03:40 PM
    I DID email you and I DID get the following automated response....so what do you mean you never received anything?

This e-mail is to confirm that we've received your inquiry. Your ticket number is [Ticket#1059790]. A member of our staff will review your questions within 1-2 business days.

Thank you,

Seidio Customer Service

It's obvious that the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing!
    kcmo,

Thanks for your response. I found out using your ticket number that for some reason your email was sent to my junk email folder. I'm not sure why that happened, but at least we know why I didn't see it.

In regards to your refund, it has been processed on our end so it usually shows up within a couple of days depending on your bank.

I will make sure someone follows up with you in a couple of days to make sure everything is OK.

Thanks,
    02-26-09 03:57 PM
    i guess there was a point in this thread
    02-26-09 04:02 PM
    I hope to see the refund soon and really just wanted others to know about my experience.

I hope everyone else who chooses to purchase from Seidio has better luck then I had.
    02-26-09 04:07 PM
    I got the innocase II and used it for about a week when I noticed the color (pink) started fading. I contacted customer support and they asked me to fill out the online form. I heard back in 24 hours and they shipped me a new one, no problem.
    02-26-09 04:17 PM
    Youngdoc,

I apologize for your frustration, but I think I can clarify this order.

We are not here on the weekends, so if your order was placed late Friday it would've been processed on Monday. All orders take up to 2 business days to process which would make your ship date Wednesday. The fact that your information was sent to Fedex on Tuesday means that your order was ready to go but our Fedex truck had already come and gone. Your items were picked up on Wednesday, but Fedex states that their Express Saver shipping can take 2-3 business days, putting your scheduled delivery on Monday.

Again I'm sorry if you're unhappy, but the two weekends obviously contributed to the delay.

If you'll send your contact and original order information to xxxxxxxxxxxxx I'll be happy to look into this and verify that I'm correct.

Thanks,
    You'll "look into this and verify that [you're] correct?" How very kind of you to offer to confirm your predisposition that the customer is wrong. I have a better idea. Why don't you just refund my shipping charges and we'll call it even? You can rationalize it any way that you want to, but at the end of the day, your service was poor and slow. You failed to update your web server, as my order continued to be listed as "processing" a full six days after I placed it, compelling me to take time out of my day to call you to clarify the misinformation that you provided about my order status. Further, 10 days is simply too long to process/ship an order, particularly one sent by express courier. And finally, you charged me for the order less than 24 hours after I placed it. No delay there. It is clear to me where your priorities lie.
    02-27-09 12:19 AM
    Sorry to hear about your problems with this. Hope I'm not walking in front of the proverbial bus here, but I placed my order this morning for Fedex 2 Day.

When I get my case + holster I'll post a review - might even do a video review!!!

I'll update here to let everyone know my Customer Service experience!

Edit 2/27 2000hrs CST: Ordered on Seidio online at 0500hrs this morning. Got the message it had Shipped via Fedex 2 day at 1544hrs this afternoon. Fedex 2 Day ETA: 2/3 No later than 1630hrs.

Edit 3/3: Fedex Delivered my Case and Holster today. I'm very pleased with them thus far. I'll post a review later.
    Last edited by bbsean; 03-03-09 at 07:58 PM.
    02-27-09 08:49 AM
    You'll "look into this and verify that [you're] correct?" How very kind of you to offer to confirm your predisposition that the customer is wrong. I have a better idea. Why don't you just refund my shipping charges and we'll call it even? You can rationalize it any way that you want to, but at the end of the day, your service was poor and slow. You failed to update your web server, as my order continued to be listed as "processing" a full six days after I placed it, compelling me to take time out of my day to call you to clarify the misinformation that you provided about my order status. Further, 10 days is simply too long to process/ship an order, particularly one sent by express courier. And finally, you charged me for the order less than 24 hours after I placed it. No delay there. It is clear to me where your priorities lie.
    Doc,

I apologize if I upset you, but I wasn't trying to argue with you or make you look bad. Since I didn't know who you were or anything about your order I made some assumptions based on your post. This is why I asked you to send me an email with your order number. I wasn't trying to prove you wrong...only verify the information.

I assumed that you had ordered late on Friday which means your order would've been processed on Monday. Many times we're able to ship orders out the next day, but we receive a lot of weekend orders so this isn't always possible. This is why we state in your confirmation email that it can take up to 2 business days to process your order. Two business days would've put your order ship date to Wednesday which is the day it went out. Once it's gone, we have no control over how quickly it gets to its destination. Fedex tells us that Express Saver takes 2-3 business days which unfortunately pushed your delivery to Monday. If any of my assumptions were wrong, I'm truly sorry.

Also...just to clarify...in regards to your credit card, the system automatically holds the amount of your purchase, but it isn't actually charged until the product is shipped.

Regardless of the process, you're obviously upset with the way the transaction was handled, and evidently my attempt to clarify didn't help the situation.

If you'll send your contact and original order information to forum@seidio.com, I'll see what I can do to make you happy.

Thanks,
    02-27-09 10:25 AM
    I found out using your ticket number that for some reason your email was sent to my junk email folder.
    Not to be mean, but lol. That email address should have an exception to never send anything to junk. Either buy a quality hardware spam blocker like Barracuda to take care of spam, or just endure it and set your email program to not automatically execute activeX components.

It's just bad service to have things like this fall through such an easy to control gap.

On the flip-side, I love my Seidio Innocase II case + holster.
    02-27-09 11:45 AM
    Doc,
    If you'll send your contact and original order information to , I'll see what I can do to make you happy.
    Thanks,
    Thank you. I have sent the information that you requested. I received an automated response via email with ticket # and will await your reply.
    02-27-09 01:48 PM
    I received a call from Seidio customer service this morning and they have promised to refund my shipping charges. This could be a happy ending. My order (Innocase II Surface case + Innocase Holster + Ultimate Screen Guard) is scheduled to arrive via FedEx today. I will provide a detailed product review and an update of the shipping charge refund once both happen.
    03-02-09 11:11 AM
    As promised in my previous post, I will now update my Seidio experience.

After posting to this forum, I was contacted by a Seidio CSR who very kindly informed me that my shipping charges would be refunded. I am happy to report that the refund appeared in my bank account on 3/5. While I never like having to call customer service at any company to resolve an issue, I'm pretty happy that Seidio gave this matter some personal attention. I did not have any trouble reaching Seidio's customer service by phone. Oh, and it's always nice not to have to talk to someone in a foreign country when contacting customer service.

As to the products, I ordered the Innocase II Surface case, the Innocase Holster, and the Ultimate Screen Guard. Here are my reviews:

Innocase II Surface case: excellent. I really like this case. It is low profile, covers the phone well, and has a sturdy feel to it. It also has a felt liner to protect the shiny parts of your storm. It comes on and off easily enough if you need to do a battery pull, but feels very secure. It seems to have little effect when it comes to typing, i.e., some cases make holding and typing on your phone a little more awkward, but this one does not. My only minor complaint, if any, is that despite the hard rubbery surface, the case actually feels just slightly more slippery to me than the Storm did when it was naked. Weird. That's not to say that it is like holding a bar of soap; it's still pretty grippy.

Innocase Holster: the best feature of this holster is that it comes designed to accommodate a Storm which is already protected by the Innocase II. Very handy. Sometimes I carry my Storm in a holster and sometimes just in my pocket; either way it's nice to be able to leave the case on the Storm, even when it's in the holster. This holster, like the Innocase II, is felt lined so that your Storm's touch screen sits against a thin piece of soft felt when in is in the holster. It seems to be sturdily built and fairly compact. It also features a sleep mode for your Storm when it is holstered. My only rather minor objection is the manner in which the clip at the top of the holster slides across the top shiny edge of my Storm as I put it in the holster. The top edge is one of the few parts of the Storm not protected by the Innocase II, so the holster's clip slides over the naked surface of the Storm as you insert it in the holster. See attached image of the Storm going into the holster. This can be avoided by flexing the clip open as you put the Storm into the holster, but I'm used to the convenience of being able to simply slide my device into a holster blindly, as I did with my 8800 series Blackberry.

Ultimate Screen Guard: I'm not sure that I would have named it "ultimate," as there doesn't seem to be anything special about this screen guard, but it seems to be solid and easily applied. It doesn't come with any special application tools (you get just the screen guard, nothing more) but it does come with decent instructions. No complaints.

All in all, I think Seidio's products are well made and they deliver what they promise. Don't expect the rocket-fast processing in getting your products out the door that other companies may deliver, but if there is a problem, customer service seems to be available to resolve it.
    03-09-09 04:32 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD