03-09-09 05:32 PM
42 12
tools
    Has anyone had issues with Seidio Online's customer service?

I'm pretty frustrated. I ordered an Innocase II Combo for the first 8900 that I bought. I only had it for a day because I decided to return my phone since it was having problems. Anyway, Seidio got my case back on 2/12....and I STILL haven't gotten a credit....

I ended up getting a replacement phone and another case, but am getting pretty frustrated with them. I don't even know why they bother putting a phone number on their site because they NEVER answer. I've tried about 4 times and there's always a recording.

I've now emailed them about 3 times in regards to the credit I am waiting for and last I heard, they'd process it within 3 days. That was over 4 days ago!!!

Bad customer service IMO!!!
    02-25-09 04:02 PM
    Not trying be be a ****** bag, but what good is it to ramble about it here? Just keep calling and sending emails. Also turn the in to the better bussiness bureu or what ever it is.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-25-09 04:13 PM
    Not trying be be a ****** bag, but what good is it to ramble about it here? Just keep calling and sending emails. Also turn the in to the better bussiness bureu or what ever it is.

Seidio depends on BB users like the members here and I'm just trying to make others aware of what I consider to be poor customer service. They rush here to post about their new products but what about taking care of their customers?
    02-25-09 04:17 PM
    It is good because it tells other people in the community what it is like to deal with Seidio. This can affect how one make purchases. I just finished summiting an RMA with Seidio for the ultimate screen guard. Seidio claims they have the size available for the 8900, but in reality it is just the 8300 screen guard which does not fit properly on the 8900 screen.

James
    02-25-09 04:20 PM
    It is good because it tells other people in the community what it is like to deal with Seidio. This can affect how one make purchases. I just finished summiting an RMA with Seidio for the ultimate screen guard. Seidio claims they have the size available for the 8900, but in reality it is just the 8300 screen guard which does not fit properly on the 8900 screen.

James
    Agree James, which is why I posted. I know I'd want to hear about others' experiences before I try a manufacturer.
    02-25-09 04:22 PM
    I think its good to post this type of experience her at Crackberry, it helps everyone out. It helps us be careful and aware when deal with a merchant. It also helps the merchant improve their business because I know Seidio has an account here at Crackberry and they are sure to read this post and reply in a day or so.
    02-25-09 04:26 PM
    Thanks Aristile. I hope they do respond soon!
    02-25-09 04:28 PM
    Regarding Seidio, from my experience, the people who make a lot of noise about a problem with them here on Crackberry usually get a pretty decent "Public Resolution"... By this, I mean they will address the problem in a very good manner, PUBLICALLY... For those who don't somewhat bash them on the forum, well, they keep getting the same weak customer service as you are experiencing right now (I speak from experience)... Excellent move on your part to post up here... NOW you will get some action... My past experiece was no response, but someone with my exact same issue was taken care of ASAP when it hit the forum... Poor Customer Service, GREAT Damage Control... That's just my experience with them...
    Last edited by Risingsun124; 02-25-09 at 04:38 PM.
    02-25-09 04:35 PM
    Regarding Seidio, from my experience, the people who make a lot of noise about a problem with them here on Crackberry usually get a pretty decent "Public Resolution"... By this, I mean they will address the problem in a very good manner, PUBLICALLY... For those who don't somewhat bash them on the forum, well, they keep getting the same weak customer service as you are experiencing right now (I speak from experience)... Excellent move on your part to post up here... NOW you will get some action... My past experiece was no response, but someone with my exact same issue was taken care of ASAP when it hit the forum... Poor Customer Service, GREAT Damage Control... That's just my experience with them...
    Pretty pathetic isn't it? Yes, I do hope they resolve my issue promptly; be it here or in private. BUT, I feel it's my obligation to 'advise' (aka warn) fellow members of Seidio's conduct. It's really silly what they do....in my opinion, good business is keeping customers happy (within reason of course). All I want is my money back.
    02-25-09 04:41 PM
    I had a good experience with Seidio. Ordered on a friday got it on wed afternoon. Sorry to hear of ur experience with them.

02-25-09 07:07 PM
    Thanks Redbone75
    02-25-09 10:55 PM
    Thanks Redbone75
    Sorry for the problem, if you can PM me your order number , I will look into it and get back to you tomorrow.
    02-25-09 11:32 PM
    See, I told ya Seidio would show up!
    02-26-09 12:05 AM
    No, it's seidioseidio,

And he should, a lot of us buy their products. If they don't stand by their products, there are other companies out there.

02-26-09 12:37 AM

James
    It's like the holster they sell for the 8900. The say that it's the same holster as the 8300 curves and that those will work. I have their holster for the 8300 and I tried it for the new 8900, it's clearly not the same dimensions. I'm thinking they don't wanna take the time to make a new design. I guess they don't want more of my money.
    02-26-09 04:42 AM
    I am also frustrated with this company. I ordered three items on Friday 2/20 and paid the additional cost to have them shipped via FedEx, as I wanted to receive the items by the time I received my Storm. My credit card was promptly charged on Sat. 2/21. When the status of my order was still listed as "processing" on Wed. 2/25, I called Seidio customer service and was informed that the order had shipped on Tues. 2/24. I checked the tracking information and the items did not actually go out until 5 p.m. on Wed. 2/25 (the day that I called Seidio customer service). They are now due to arrive on Mon. 3/2. Hence, it will have taken essentially 10 days to receive an item shipped via FedEx. Seidio gets an "F" on this one. I am going to at least insist on a refund of the shipping charges.

I will post the results of my experience in this thread to let you know how Seidio handles this issue.

What really irritates me is that I ordered my Storm from Verizon on the very same day that I placed the Seidio order -- and I received my Storm before the Seidio order even shipped!

Here is my tracking log:

Ship date Feb 25, 2009
    Estimated delivery Mar 2, 2009 by 4:30 PM
    Destination
    Springfield, NJ

All shipment travel activity is displayed in local time for the location Date/Time Activity Location Details

Feb 25, 2009 10:22 PM At local FedEx facility HOUSTON, TX
    Feb 25, 2009 8:36 PM Left FedEx origin facility HOUSTON, TX
    Feb 25, 2009 5:06 PM Picked up HOUSTON, TX
    Feb 24, 2009 10:32 PMS Shipment information sent to FedEx
    02-26-09 05:35 AM
    Yeah, I usually order the Ultimate Screen Guards from them but when I had them in my cart, I noticed the part number was 8300xxx.

Overall I've had pretty good luck with their products. But when I did have a customer service issue I too had to post on the forums in order to get a response.
    02-26-09 06:28 AM
    I ordered the Ultimate Screen Guards when I ordered my Innocase II. My order arrived Monday, and I filled out their RMA form online Tuesday morning when I realized the screen guards do not fit the 8900. I thought maybe they had shipped me the wrong item.

According to their website you only have 48 hours from receipt of you product to notify them of a shipping error. On Wednesday afternoon (my 48 hr. window) when I had not heard back from them I called. They had no record of my RMA I filled out online. The person I spoke with filled out a new one for me. He asked me to call back or email them back today for a status on my RMA.

So if you have filled out their online RMA they may not even have it and I would suggest calling them. I will you guys know how it goes with my return.

And DON'T order the Ultimate screen guards until they come out with one that actually fits the 8900!
    Last edited by atlbelle; 02-26-09 at 08:08 AM.
    02-26-09 08:05 AM
    Sorry for the problem, if you can PM me your order number , I will look into it and get back to you tomorrow.
    I've just sent you an email with my RMA number. Being 'sorry' really doesn't cut it in my opinion. I shouldn't have to chase you for a credit that is OWED to me. It's obvious that you're letting a fair share of customers down.

Don't bite the hand that feeds you!
    02-26-09 09:54 AM
    See, I told ya Seidio would show up!
    Yes but I shouldn't have to resort to posting about it to get them to respond. It's BS!
    02-26-09 09:55 AM
    For those of you who are also having problems with Seidio, please keep posting your experiences here.

Seidio is quick to charge customers but when problems arise, they are nowhere to be found! Bad business.
    02-26-09 09:56 AM
    I have had actually quite the opposite experience with them and will continue to use them and refer people to them.

I originally ordered just the innocase II holder. I didn't scroll down on the main page far enough to see that they offered the holder, and holster together in a combo package saving $10 bucks or so. I called them and asked if there was anything they could do to see if I could still place an order for the holster and get the combo package discount. The guy said sure, we normally don't but place the order, email me your 2 order numbers, i'll get you the discount and ship the holster out immediately.

Sure enough, 3 days later I had the holster, at the discounted combo package price. I was seriously impressed, and have referred 3 customers to them since and everyone loves their cases, or case and holster combos.

I know what you all are saying though about the refunds, and I do feel for you. I'm not disagreeing with you at all. It should not be the customers responsibility to gather up the refund. Perhaps this will enable Seidio to take a look at their refund procedures and correct the issue.

I am only offering up a great customer satisfaction story, because to often than not, you only hear about the people that have had bad experiences.

G
    02-26-09 10:05 AM
    Gravymark, I'm glad that you had a positive experience. I'm actually surprised that you got someone at Seidio to pick up the phone!

I am a strong believer that a company has to not only work to attract NEW customers, but they have to work just as hard to RETAIN present ones!
    02-26-09 10:26 AM
    I will have to say I have had a good experience with them as well. I purchased an Innocase II holster combo and received it in a timely manner. The case and holster quality is top notch.
    02-26-09 11:02 AM
    There's no doubt when a transaction goes smoothly the customer "should" be pleased and satisfied... So of course if you order, it comes, and there is nothing wrong with the product, it's going to be a positive experience... The problem arises when it doesn't go so smoothly... Then it's like pulling teeth from this company... I would think those are the times a company would try their hardest to rectify the situation to retain high customer satisfaction... Instead, they rely on transactions that have gone smoothly to try and out-shine the bad... Of course there are going to be more good than bad, but what about the ones unfortunate enough to be on the losing end? Sad...
    02-26-09 12:26 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD