02-27-10 05:49 PM
33 12
tools
    hi guys,
    I am looking for a solid/ sleek case for BB9700.
    I do not want to buy too many cases so I readup alot of reviews and forums...

now I am down to 2 choices .. any advise?

1) Spring-Clip Holster for use with non-cased phone device

2) The OtterBox Defender Series case

2a) The OtterBox Commuter Series case
    (darn! I can't let this go, too many good comment over the internet on commuter case)
    02-25-10 01:14 PM
    I just ordered the otterbox commuter! In my opinion it is the best looking out of your 3 choices, it also offers the most protection! But they are all great cases, you can't go wrong with that line up really!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-25-10 01:21 PM
    Otterbox

Lifetime warranty
    02-25-10 01:22 PM
    I have had both the seidio and the otterbox commuter. IMO otterbox commuter + OEM 9000 case is the best for me

02-25-10 01:26 PM
    I have both cases. I just got the otterbox so I am testing it out still. (I have a tour) I like that the seidio is smaller than the otterbox but the otter is more rugged. I am a full time firefighter/paramedic so having a rugged phone case is important to me. Both seem to be great choices. Let us know what you decide
    02-25-10 01:27 PM
    I've had the commuter case for a couple weeks now and I love it. Sleek feels good in your hands. Slides in and out of your pocket easily. Its the case to end all cases.

02-25-10 01:55 PM
    I say Seidio Innocase II and holster combo. Its very solid and it doesnt attract lint like the Otterbox. if you go with Otterbox, then I say the Commuter as the Defender is very bulky.
    02-25-10 02:18 PM
    I have a question to anyone that has the Seidio spring-clip holster. I have used them for other BB's and really liked them until the one for the Pearl. They put the clip too low on the Pearl holster. I like to carry my BB in my right front pants pocket clipped to the top. How far does the 9700 holster stick out the top of the pocket? Anyone that might have a picture would be awesome!
    Thanks.
    02-25-10 02:20 PM
    i have the otterbox defender and love it
    02-25-10 02:21 PM
    I have the otterbox commuter and I really like it a lot. It doesn't add bulk to your phone. I had the otterbox defender when I had an iphone and it is very bulky. They are both great for protection!
    02-25-10 02:42 PM
    Thanks I do agree with all of your comments\insights.

I have the stock holster but w/o belt clip (singapore)..
    It feels bulky in my jean pocket hence I would like my phone to just hang outside my pants...

Defender has the overall best protection for the phone, trade off would be it bulkyness...

Commuter had too many good feedbacks, I just can't ignore it... ****!

Seidio spring clip holster is prob what I need but might not be what I like... preference vs reality

Seidio Innocase II and holster combo might just be the right choice to end all my dilemmas...
    02-25-10 02:52 PM
    I have has Sedio and Otterbox. The Commuter is the best by far.
    02-25-10 03:54 PM
    I have the otterbox, the only draw back is that it makes the bb seem huge
    02-25-10 04:19 PM
    Seidio innocase + spring lock holster. Plus you can get the seidio charging dock also.

02-25-10 04:22 PM
    I say go with the seidio innocase. Its the best case that I've found for the 9700
    02-25-10 04:30 PM
    my ifrogz is very cool...seido over otter for sure..otter too big....get the seido 360 and take off the keyboard protector
    02-25-10 04:44 PM
    Here is a review with some pictures we have for the BB9700 holster and extended battery. The holster is different for the OEM battery, but it looks and fits in the same way. If you have any questions about the spring-clip holster feel free to ask or send a message.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=390865

Regards,
    Seidio

I have a question to anyone that has the Seidio spring-clip holster. I have used them for other BB's and really liked them until the one for the Pearl. They put the clip too low on the Pearl holster. I like to carry my BB in my right front pants pocket clipped to the top. How far does the 9700 holster stick out the top of the pocket? Anyone that might have a picture would be awesome!
    Thanks.
    02-25-10 04:55 PM
    I have a seidio holster for my storm and my pearl, love em both

I also have an otterbox defender for both, but returned the storm one, I loved the otterbox, but the screen protector didnt work well with my storm, so back it went.

I love the otterbox commuter case, and I would buy a phone simply because it has an otterbox commuter case available.

In fact, off to otterboxes website to see if they have a commuter for the pixi+
    02-25-10 04:58 PM
    +1 for seidio innocase II i had this case since the first week and it works great, fits in my jean pocket easily and u can use the seidio charging dock with the case on.. although the dock isn't that great lol... otterbox works good but it's too bulky in my jean pocket..
    02-25-10 05:47 PM
    i have both the commuter($25) and the defender($35). I bought the commuter and used it for 2 weeks. Loved it. Fit in the pocket no issues. I just wanted uber-protection so I bought the defender and don't have issues with in and out pocket transactions. I use the holster it comes with most of the time tho. I am now an otterbox fanboy from this point on.
    02-25-10 06:37 PM
    Commuter....Hands down
    02-25-10 07:21 PM
    +1 for seidio innocase II i had this case since the first week and it works great, fits in my jean pocket easily and u can use the seidio charging dock with the case on.. although the dock isn't that great lol... otterbox works good but it's too bulky in my jean pocket..
    what's wrong with your dock? i have the seidio dock and have no problems with it. i also have the OEM dock and both works just as well.
    02-25-10 07:23 PM
    i have the otterbox defender and love it
    Me too!!!! Wish I'd have ordered it before I ordered my Seidio 360, I hated the 360. Anyone wanna buy a 360 and seidio charger (This is a minor thread hijack, no harm meant to the OP)
    02-25-10 10:44 PM
    Just bought the Otterbox commuter, I've only been using it for a couple of days.

My thoughts:

Pros:
    Protects the phone well
    Looks great (opinion of course, but I think it's pretty widely agreed upon)
    Slides relatively well into and out of pocket
    Pretty easy to take off (in case you want to hook it up to a dock)

Cons:
    It does collect quite a bit of lint, which can be annoying
    No screen protector built in

It's a great case, I just really wish it didn't collect the lint, but what can you do? Definitely recommended.
    02-25-10 10:55 PM
    otter gets the win here.
    02-25-10 10:55 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD