I know there's like a million and one "best case" or "has anyone tried...." threads on here, and I've searched through pretty much every page of every thread that came up in my numerous searches. So if there is already an answer to this, I'm sorry, but I couldn't find it.

I was looking for a nice tight-fitting, sturdy case, like the one Seidio offers in their Innocase series for the Bold. However, I was looking for something without the crossbar in the middle of the phone. I'd rather have it cover the top part above the screen and the bottom part below the keyboard. Something kinda like this one from Speck (but I've heard mixed reviews about the cases from this company).

I really wish Seidio offered something like this. I love the quality of their products. Does anyone know of anything similar to the case in the picture with a better quality? Or has anyone had any experiences with the cases from Speck? I'm just wondering how sturdy the case actually is, and how tight the fit is.

If I can't find anything I guess I'll just bite the bullet and buy the Seidio. But I'd really rather have something nice without the center bar, and that didn't make the phone seem like a brick. Any ideas and suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!!
    12-15-08 01:31 PM
    Take a look at the Seidio Flexarmor case. Very durable and I like it a lot because it's not made out of silicone. It's made out of a different type of rubber that doesn't get lint stuck to it and has a nice feel. I think it's Buna-N if you know anything about rubbers... I sure do.
    12-15-08 02:08 PM
    Thanks for your reply! I did look at the FlexArmor actually, and while it looks nice, it looks like it would be a little bulky? Do you notice this? I have been considering getting a silicone-type case/skin for my Bold, but I think I'm really more interested in a hard case. I don't know what to do! I want to get something ASAP, but at the same time, I don't want to feel like I'm just throwing my money away by jumping into something I might not like, or that's not up to par.

Like I said, I love the quality of Seidio's stuff. I dunno what to do! I'm afraid if I get the Innocase that the bar would bug me and I would've wasted $30+ (or I'd get the flex case and regret not getting a hard one). I hate being so indecisive! Anyone have any other suggestions??
    12-15-08 03:07 PM
    I was in the same boat you are in. Thought I could get past the crossbar and ordered it. Can't stand it! Totally takes the clean look away from the phone. I have been trying to find the same thing you are looking for and can't. There has to be something out there.
    12-15-08 04:47 PM
    i've had the seidio case for a little bit now, i dont think you would mind the bar at all. i know that i dont, in fact, i hardly ever even notice that its there. now with that said, i will say that when i had one on my curve, i noticed the case and the bar much much more.
    12-15-08 04:53 PM
    Okay. So I took the plunge and ordered the Seidio Innocase and holster combo. I can't see going any longer without some type of protection on my phone. If I l ike it I will keep it. If not I guess I can just use it until I find something else. But who knows, maybe it will grow on me. Hehe. Still, if anyone knows of or can think of anything please post here or let me know!!

Ok, one last thought, is that bar used to help hold the case in place or could you trim it off? I don't have mine yet so I can't tell whether the case would be okay without it or not. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Thanks for everyones input thus far!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-16-08 03:55 AM
    I don't think the flex armor is bulky at all. It fits in my pocket all right, although I do usually keep it in my jacket.

I like the added protection it brings against impacts. as well as the button detents it has, making it easier to press the mute button.

As far as the innocase, i heard that the bottom microphones are covered up sometimes and the holster leaves marks on the top of the bold. But I haven't tried this so I can't say for sure.

I hope you are happy with your purchase.
    12-16-08 06:28 AM
    Okay. So I took the plunge and ordered the Seidio Innocase and holster combo. I can't see going any longer without some type of protection on my phone. If I l ike it I will keep it. If not I guess I can just use it until I find something else. But who knows, maybe it will grow on me. Hehe. Still, if anyone knows of or can think of anything please post here or let me know!!

Ok, one last thought, is that bar used to help hold the case in place or could you trim it off? I don't have mine yet so I can't tell whether the case would be okay without it or not. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Thanks for everyones input thus far!!

Allison,

I ordered the Innocase combo the day I bought my Bold (1 Month ago today) I really like the case and the holster. I definately feel lke my Bold is protected. I also put a BSE on the screen. I think you could trim the cross bar off and not affect the integrity of the case however, it is ot a straight cut. Right at the crossbas the edge changes in thickness. If you do it be careful or the result could be uneven. Good Luck.
    12-16-08 07:58 AM
    I don't know if I will cut it or not. I'm scared to mess up a $50 investment. Lol. Hopefully the case will grow on me once I get it and the bar won't bother me as much. If not I will attempt to make the cut and post up some picks to let you all know how it went. I'm also hoping that I don't have the issue with the case covering the microphone. I've only heard of this a couple times and am hoping that it was just a fluke with a small batch of them (and that I don't get one).

12-16-08 08:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD