12-18-08 07:23 PM
65 123
tools
    Seidio is considering to develop a super extended battery for Blackberry Storm. It will almost double the capacity of the stock battery. It will need a new door. If you are interested in this battery, please post here or send an email to Blackberrystorm@seidio.com

Thanks

Seidio
    12-06-08 02:35 AM
    interested but want to know what the back door is going to look like first
    12-06-08 02:37 AM
    Extremely interested. I travel very often and would love a huge battery. I would like to see what it would look like, and what kind of cases you could make to fit it with the new door too.
    12-06-08 02:42 AM
    what does the new door look like? and how will it look on the storm?
    12-06-08 02:43 AM
    interested in how much the extended standard battery ( no new Battery door needed) one add before I go super size
    12-06-08 03:02 AM
    How much larger will this thing be?

I would rather get 50% more battery life and keep same door and size, than 100% more battery life and have to replace it, and possibly with a larger one at that.

I think you will find most people will want to stay OEM as much as possible, and changing the door to accommodate a larger battery will only be for the "power" users.
    12-06-08 06:14 AM
    I would like one, but if the battery is increased by a few milimeters, it would probably help some people that want to fix the screen click issue..
    12-06-08 06:16 AM

I would rather get 50% more battery life and keep same door and size, than 100% more battery life and have to replace it, and possibly with a larger one at that.
    +1

if you guys would be willing to work on one of these, as much battery life as you can get into another battery without making the back bigger, im down and i know a few other people who are down as well
    12-06-08 06:45 AM
    I am not saying the super extended is bad but it wont work for me I use a silicone case no option for a bigger door I would definitely purchase a regular sized extended though.
    12-06-08 06:52 AM
    I would rather have an extended battery that doesn't need a new back... I would rather keep things aesthetically the same...
    However I am still interested depending on how the new door looks.
    12-06-08 06:57 AM
    I would love a higher capacity battery, but because I have Ghost Armor on my phone, I would hesitate if I had to replace the rear door. I don't feel like buying a new Ghost Armor kit just to cover the new door.
    12-06-08 07:12 AM
    Want a better battery but I would have to see how much of a difference in size there would be with the new door. If it makes it so my holster and silicon cover don't fit then I'd be unlikely to buy it. I use my Storm a lot but not a power user so better battery life is more of a want than a need.
    12-06-08 07:28 AM
    I would have to agree. And I am anxiously waiting.
    12-06-08 07:32 AM
    I think that I would prefer an extended battery that doesn't require a battery door...UNLESS it was only slightly larger and the battery door was snug and helped the screen issue. I guess that I just want it all...LOL
    12-06-08 07:33 AM
    i dont care if there is a giant tumor sized mound on the back of my phone and i have to get a sherpa to carry it. Please double my battery life.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-06-08 07:40 AM

I think you will find most people will want to stay OEM as much as possible, and changing the door to accommodate a larger battery will only be for the "power" users.
    I agree i think it would be a no question it would be a top seller as long as the OEM cover is kept
    12-06-08 07:42 AM
    I love the idea of a new battery door, OEM size though because the metal door adds so much weight to the Storm.

12-06-08 08:00 AM
    yep...and i don't care about the battery being larger...how much is this gonna cost me anyway?
    12-06-08 08:20 AM
    Yea I'd prefer using the stock door... the bulkiness won't look good or feel good if it was extended
    12-06-08 08:25 AM
    As long as the door remains metal and that's in bold letters in the product descrption sure.

12-06-08 08:30 AM
    Extremely interested. I travel very often and would love a huge battery. I would like to see what it would look like, and what kind of cases you could make to fit it with the new door too.
    12-06-08 08:37 AM
    I also would prefer an extended battery without the need to replace the door, even if it's not quite as extended as possible.
    12-06-08 08:49 AM
    I would rather have an extended battery that doesn't need a new back... im not going to buy a battery that requires a new back .. it would just make the phone look stupid.. i mean y battery really isnt bad at all itll last a day and through the night
    12-06-08 08:50 AM
    I would love a extended bat .

i would perfer to keep the same size ...

but if not a option i would go with the
    later as long as there was leather cases
    like the blackberry ones available that would fit .
    12-06-08 08:53 AM
    Where are you guys on development of the OEM size extended battery?
    12-06-08 09:01 AM
65 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD