01-13-09 11:58 PM
140 ... 3456
tools
    I must say I love this clip. I haven't had any problems with it as of yet. How long was it before that became an issue?
    01-02-09 12:23 PM
    got my innocase ii surface combo (cover and clip holster) in gray and it's awesome. i'm very impressed with the design and the quality. definitely no regrets!

specifics i like besides the quality of it...
    - taking phone in and out of holster with the top spring clip isn't awkward like i thought it might be although it's a two hand thing
    - i really think my bb storm will be much more protected if i drop it now
    - the holster rotates on the clip so i can have it sideways on my belt when driving (important to me).
    - sleep mode definitely activates, so hopefully that will help batter life a little. i may get their 2600maH battery though.
    01-03-09 09:53 AM
    My only problem with it is i cant plug in the charger when its in the clip, you'd think that would be a big deal in all these reviews but none of them say it. kinda pissed me off but i do like the clip.
    hmm... seems like a tiny amount of dremeling on the holster would expose the connector enough...
    01-03-09 10:05 AM
    Does anyone else have any other pics of how this fits, especially when the phone is in the clip? Also, if you don't use the cover, will the Storm still fit in that clip without the cover?
    01-03-09 10:16 AM
    Does anyone else have any other pics of how this fits, especially when the phone is in the clip? Also, if you don't use the cover, will the Storm still fit in that clip without the cover?
    do u mean the innocase holster? if so, why would you want to use it without the cover?

i can take a pic of any angle, not sure what you want to see.
    01-03-09 10:36 AM
    Well it seems as this is a 2 piece kit right? A cover for the phone then the holster which holds the phone while the cover is on it right? Just curious if I don't like the cover for the phone, if I could still use the belt clip. Any I'd just like to see photos of the phone with the cover mounted in the clip. Just curious how bulky it is with all of this. Wonder how it would fit on my waist as I was driving.
    01-03-09 02:01 PM
    pics
    Flickr: bitkahuna's stuff tagged with blackberry

example:
    Last edited by bitkahuna; 01-03-09 at 03:01 PM.
    01-03-09 02:58 PM
    Just ordered mine (finally.) Looks like a nice holster.
    01-03-09 03:11 PM
    Awesome thanks. I know some of these cases have been known to scuff the devices after multiple times of taking the unit in and out. Do you think this will be a problem with this setup?
    01-03-09 03:12 PM
    hmm... seems like a tiny amount of dremeling on the holster would expose the connector enough...
    After paying $50 for this combo, I'll be danged if I'm gonna risk hosing it by modifying it in some way. I didn't realize this, but I'm not willing to remove my phone from the holster every time I want to charge it. I keep my phone holstered and on a clip in my car and it often gets charged there as well. Pretty foolish not to have thought this out. Especially since this isn't their first cell phone product of this type.
    01-03-09 03:31 PM
    Awesome thanks. I know some of these cases have been known to scuff the devices after multiple times of taking the unit in and out. Do you think this will be a problem with this setup?
    i don't see how because the innosurface ii cover doesn't leave parts exposed to be scuffed! that's why i didn't get just the regular holster, plus the fact that when out of the holster, i'm just clumsy enough to drop my storm and i wanted some more protection.

After paying $50 for this combo, I'll be danged if I'm gonna risk hosing it by modifying it in some way.
    hehe, maybe i'll give it a go! looks like a VERY simple mod.
    01-03-09 04:50 PM
    ok check it out:

The problem:

Target identified:

Target eliminated:

Test confirmation success:

01-03-09 05:16 PM
    I've ordered a Spring-Clip Holster from Seidio, unfortunately I could justify spending the $50 for the Holster/Innocase II combo since I've never had any problems with small scuffs or scratches on my previous phones... Then again, most of the phones I've owned in the past were "free-with-plan" phones...

I assume the only difference between the combo holster and the regular holster is that the combo holster is designed to allow for the added bulk of a protective case? I read that the Innocase holster won't hold a "naked" Storm, but will the Spring-Clip Holster hold a Storm with ANY kind of case?
    01-04-09 02:28 AM
    ok check it out:

The problem:

Target identified:

Target eliminated:

Test confirmation success:

What you use to cut away the plastic?

Anyone else have this problem? This would majorly suck if this is for everyone. I would like to charge my phone while it is in the holster
    I've ordered a Spring-Clip Holster from Seidio, unfortunately I could justify spending the $50 for the Holster/Innocase II combo since I've never had any problems with small scuffs or scratches on my previous phones... Then again, most of the phones I've owned in the past were "free-with-plan" phones...

I assume the only difference between the combo holster and the regular holster is that the combo holster is designed to allow for the added bulk of a protective case? I read that the Innocase holster won't hold a "naked" Storm, but will the Spring-Clip Holster hold a Storm with ANY kind of case?
    Yes, the Innocase holster is slightly bigger to accommodate the added bulk. It will not hold any case as other cases are made of different thickness.
    01-04-09 12:13 PM
    What you use to cut away the plastic?
    a Dremel tool with little grinder. took about 20 seconds. u could use a round file too.

Anyone else have this problem? This would majorly suck if this is for everyone. I would like to charge my phone while it is in the holster
    how could they NOT have the problem with the innocase holster, it is the way it is. it was actually no biggie to me at all, i didn't care about charging when not in the holster, but i figured the fix was so easy, might as well do it.
    01-04-09 12:29 PM
    the clip is awesome but the lense over the camera is coming off... i think the snap top on the clip is pushing the lense off.... though it may just be the phone. I already got a replacement for this very problem. Hopefully it was just this particular phone.
    Ghost:

I have exactly the same issue... it appears that the clip on the Seidio holster puts pressure on the little plastic plate that covers the camera.. so the bottom edge pops out from underneath the back cover.

I find myself pushing it back in, under the cover, 2-3 times a day. The Plastic piece covering the phone was probably not meant to have pressure on the top half of it. The bottom of the clear plastic piece is not secured to the phone, so it "pops up" a tad...

Anyone else having this issue?
    I'm also having this problem. One thought is to put the phone in "upside" down. the earphone jack makes it a tight fit but it holds. Downside, it puts the phone in your hand upside down. Solution, flip it 180 degrees on your belt. Downside, it get's hard to take the phone out using your pinky to unclip the phone. I hope Seidio or someone else figures out the solution.
    I ordered my Seidio Holster based on the first few pages of this thread.....then I see the problem on the last few pages of the lens cover popping off!!!

Anyone else seeing this problem????

Seidio???????
    01-04-09 03:04 PM
    Agreed, anyone else have this issue? has it been cleared up yet? design change?
    01-08-09 07:11 AM
    Just got the Innocase II and have the no click problem.
    I actually have 3 phones right now and only one will
    "kinda" clicks after installing the case. Love the
    concept but the case just seems too tight. Would
    the 2 pc. case have the same problem and would it
    fit the Innocase II holster?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-08-09 07:59 AM
    I got the innocase II combo yesterday.I had the clicking problem but ajusted the screws a little and it's all good. my only complaint is the clip spring isn't tight enough. i brushed the clip with a box(brokedown flat) and I heard the phone hit the ground! But the case done its job. The phone didn't fly apart. No scratches on the screen just a few small scuffs on the case.Other than the clip being lose I love the set up well worth the money.
    01-08-09 08:17 AM
    if it were tighter people would complain it's too tight...
    01-08-09 10:35 AM
    I ordered my Seidio Holster based on the first few pages of this thread.....then I see the problem on the last few pages of the lens cover popping off!!!

Anyone else seeing this problem????

Seidio???????
    i got a replacement phone and it seems like the issue is resolved. It seemed like the first phone had a weak bond on the lense piece to the phone body. we'll see how it holds up.
    01-08-09 10:39 AM
    No design change anytime soon.
    01-08-09 10:40 AM
    I've had Seidio spring clips for my 8320 Curve and now my storm and I've never had a problem. In fact, I was talking to my friend that introduced me to Seidio products the other day about how I will probably never be able to have another phone without one. I love the rotating belt clip and how securely it holds the phone in place. I received my storm a few days before my Seidio clip came in and I must say I was going crazy without it.
    01-08-09 10:51 AM
    if it were tighter people would complain it's too tight...
    Very true! And scuff the top of the phone.Wich so far mine shows no sign of scuffing.
    01-08-09 06:36 PM
    Mine arrived in the mail today and I have to agree with the OP. This is a well made case. It has a nice, solid feel and the phone fits like a glove. More importantly it feels secure. Like a jostling isn't going to cause the phone to fall out or the clip falling off of your belt. I even walked around this evening for awhile with the phone clipped to my pocket instead of my belt and even there, it was snug and didn't feel like it was going anywhere.

I know I've been using it for less than 6 hours, but I don't have one negative thing to say. This is a MUST and is infinitely better than the leather case I bought the day I bought my Storm, which I returned two days later.
    01-08-09 07:43 PM
140 ... 3456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD