01-13-09 11:58 PM
140 ... 23456
tools
    I can't wait until I get my holster. I had a Seidio holster for my curve and it was fantastic.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-17-08 12:42 AM
    Yeah I am waiting for the holster combo as well. I love these holsters. I had one for my pearl and it was phenomenal.
    12-17-08 12:52 AM
    I literally can't wait, I need something now. I'm looking for protection in and out of the holster and sleep mode. Any alternatives??
    12-17-08 10:54 PM
    I have this about a week now and I love this holster. Great product.
    12-18-08 06:30 AM
    well i ordered the "Innocase II Surface Combo - Ash Grey" (cover and holster) - so looking forward to that! will report back when i get it some time next year.
    12-24-08 09:59 AM
    I'll hopefully give you all a report on the spring clip holder either today or Friday. My lady friend ordered one for me for Christmas. Got me one of their screen protectors too.
    12-24-08 10:03 AM
    I'm curious if any of you that have the total coverage "Innocase" use your Storm as a modem tethered to a laptop. Mine gets pretty hot when I have it hooked up, and I'm concerned that the nice, protective rubber suit that Seidio advertises will cause the phone to actually overheat dangerously. Then they'd be buying me a new one, of course, but I'd like to avoid such things if possible.
    12-24-08 10:26 AM
    did you ever find a discount code for this?
    12-24-08 06:33 PM
    i dunno i bought the blackberry spring clip case from verizion well i should say from blackberry, its a really good case. One thing though the clip on the case isn't centered so it kind of looks funky when its on your belt but all and all its a really nice case !!
    12-24-08 06:49 PM
    I got my seidio spring-clip holster and really like it. I have a BSE on my storm and its a tight fit but nothing to bad. The case rubs a bit on the two long sides about half way up(leaves dimple in cover). I'll have to give this some time to see if it becomes a problem.
    12-24-08 07:39 PM
    I also love mine great product!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-24-08 07:59 PM
    OMG I love this case! It's a rubberized plastic material, and looks VERY slick in black. The BB is stored face in (like the standard BB clips of old) BUT the Seidio has a soft velvet liner which will certainly protect the screen. The case also activates the BB sleep function. The spring holder is VERY secure, but easy to release and to snap in to place when holstering. The belt clip appears to be VERY sturdy and is VERY functional. This holster is the best I have ever had and used.
    12-24-08 08:50 PM
    Also, a newbish question, but I DID search: This will be my first Blackberry, and I'm curious as to whether one can send/receive calls as normal using a bluetooth headset while the phone was in sleeper mode in the holster. Can anyone confirm/deny? I assume the answer is yes, but I'd like to know for sure before I invest in the clip.
    You have to assume the answer to that question is "yes". I mean, the phone rings when it's in sleep mode and not in a holster, right? I would think this has more to do with the functionality/behavior of the phone itself, and not the holster.
    12-30-08 08:33 AM
    OMG I love this case! It's a rubberized plastic material, and looks VERY slick in black. The BB is stored face in (like the standard BB clips of old) BUT the Seidio has a soft velvet liner which will certainly protect the screen. The case also activates the BB sleep function. The spring holder is VERY secure, but easy to release and to snap in to place when holstering. The belt clip appears to be VERY sturdy and is VERY functional. This holster is the best I have ever had and used.
    Did you get the Spring-Clip Holster or the Innocase? Or did you get both?
    12-30-08 08:43 AM
    Seidioonline - Your Leading Manufacturer of Smartphone Accessories
    1 - the spring clip works flawlessly with my Phantom Skinz on - the fit is snug and the belt clip is close to my belt line so it doesn't look like it's hanging out in the wind... better yet, it's adjustable. this means i can swivel the case for when i get into my car and need to buckle my safety belt at will. the spring clip is very secure also - i was surprised at this because the phones i have seen with this type of clip often look like they are just hanging out there - this one is GORGEOUS.
    I immediately bought the Skinz for protection, but it's very thick and covers the phone buttons. I'm thinking of getting an Innocase, but that would depend on how much thinner it is. I know the buttons are exposed, hence much easier to operate.

However, this post is making me rethink this. Do you have any photos of your phone in the Spring-Clip Holster w/ the Skins on?
    12-30-08 08:49 AM
    the clip is awesome but the lense over the camera is coming off... i think the snap top on the clip is pushing the lense off.... though it may just be the phone. I already got a replacement for this very problem. Hopefully it was just this particular phone.
    12-30-08 09:24 AM
    Ghost:

I have exactly the same issue... it appears that the clip on the Seidio holster puts pressure on the little plastic plate that covers the camera.. so the bottom edge pops out from underneath the back cover.

I find myself pushing it back in, under the cover, 2-3 times a day. The Plastic piece covering the phone was probably not meant to have pressure on the top half of it. The bottom of the clear plastic piece is not secured to the phone, so it "pops up" a tad...

Anyone else having this issue?
    12-30-08 09:38 AM
    So, what's the difference between the

Innocase
    http : // www . seidioonline.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=HLBB9530ASC

and the spring-clip holster
    http : // www . seidioonline.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=HLBB9530AS

Also, is anyone using the Innocase Surface
    http : // www . seidioonline.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=CSR2BB9530%2DBK
    with either of those?
    12-30-08 04:23 PM
    I've just read all the posts and while I want to get protection for my storm, its all rather confusing. Many questions posted thruout this thread haven't been answered, or at least not so I can understand them.

So here goes;
    1) which is better, the Innocase holster or the Seidio Spring clip holster and why?
    2)What is the difference between the ghost armor, invisible shield, and phanotm skinz - which is better and why?
    3) Do you need the question #2 stuff if you have the question #1 stuff?
    4) If you have the question #2 stuff, will it work in the question #1 stuff or will it peel off or wrinkle or something?
    5) If you don't have the question #2 stuff on, will the holsters in question #1 wear paint or something off the phone when it's taken repeatedly out of and into the holsters?
    6) Will the holsters work with a soft silicone case?
    7) What is the 'seideo case' that has also come up in this thread? Is this another term for the holster? Or does it take the place of the question #2 stuff? Can it be used with the holster?

I know I'm supposed to review and search the forums before bugging you with questions. The problem is, I did and am too stupid to understand all the answers and comparisons when they're all spread out.

I would appreciate it someone / anyone could answer these obvious newbie questions. I have my credit card in hand but just want to know I'm getting the right things before I part with $30+ bucks.

Thanks very much for any help you can give. I work for GM, rooted for the Tigers last year and am a Detroit Lions fan, so I haven't exactly been on a winning streak.
    12-31-08 12:04 AM
    1) which is better, the Innocase holster or the Seidio Spring clip holster and why?
    as i understand it, the spring clip is for the storm without any case on it (maybe you can fit a very thin cover of some kind though), and the innocase holster is designed to be used when the blackberry is in an 'innocase' or 'innocase ii' surface (casing). so i'd bet u can't use the innocase holster with a blackberry that has no casing on it.

(fyi, my innocase holster with innocase ii surface combo is on its way to me)

having the innocase surface is important (to me at least) to protect it when it's OUT of the holster.

2)What is the difference between the ghost armor, invisible shield, and phanotm skinz - which is better and why?
    3) Do you need the question #2 stuff if you have the question #1 stuff?
    4) If you have the question #2 stuff, will it work in the question #1 stuff or will it peel off or wrinkle or something?
    pass.

5) If you don't have the question #2 stuff on, will the holsters in question #1 wear paint or something off the phone when it's taken repeatedly out of and into the holsters?
    i don't think so because the innocase holster holds a blackberry with the innocase surface casing so there should be no rubbing on the storm itself. again just my understanding.

6) Will the holsters work with a soft silicone case?
    i don't believe the innocase holster will.

hope that helps.

will post back as soon as i've got my innocase holster + innocase ii surface combo

edit: what i ordered:

link to product:
    Seidioonline - Your Leading Manufacturer of Smartphone Accessories
    Last edited by bitkahuna; 01-03-09 at 10:04 AM.
    12-31-08 02:05 AM
    My only problem with it is i cant plug in the charger when its in the clip, you'd think that would be a big deal in all these reviews but none of them say it. kinda pissed me off but i do like the clip.
    12-31-08 02:40 AM
    I may be ordering the Innocase II Surface Combo (in Black) as soon as the ShopCrackBerry.com website get them in. I've got another item that I would like to order as well, the BlackBerry Charging Pod for Storm. However, I'm only going to order it if it will work with the Innocase II protective cover... Could someone give some insight into this? I doubt the Pod will work with the Innocase on my Storm but it would be freaken' awesome if it did!

So basically my questions are as follows:

1) Will my Storm fit in the BlackBerry Charging Pod with the Innocase on it?
    2) Should I wait for ShopCrackBerry.com to get the Innocase II Surface Combo and order it from them? Or order directly from SeidioOnline.com?
    Last edited by Freelancer852; 01-02-09 at 02:56 AM.
    12-31-08 09:54 PM
    Ghost:

I have exactly the same issue... it appears that the clip on the Seidio holster puts pressure on the little plastic plate that covers the camera.. so the bottom edge pops out from underneath the back cover.

I find myself pushing it back in, under the cover, 2-3 times a day. The Plastic piece covering the phone was probably not meant to have pressure on the top half of it. The bottom of the clear plastic piece is not secured to the phone, so it "pops up" a tad...

Anyone else having this issue?
    I'm also having this problem. One thought is to put the phone in "upside" down. the earphone jack makes it a tight fit but it holds. Downside, it puts the phone in your hand upside down. Solution, flip it 180 degrees on your belt. Downside, it get's hard to take the phone out using your pinky to unclip the phone. I hope Seidio or someone else figures out the solution.
    12-31-08 11:39 PM
    Seems to me that the simple solution for that issue would be to extend the "clip" part so that it puts pressure on either more space, or onto the battery cover. Only downside that I can see with that is that it may get harder to remove.
    01-01-09 01:02 AM
    Seidio is supposed to be working on a charging solution (at least I think I recall reading that in another thread).
    01-02-09 11:16 AM
140 ... 23456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD