When the 8350i first came out there were few if any accessories for it. We got the BB cases (one thin blue and thick black) for both our phones and while the blue was pretty must useless the black worked well. Only problem is that it added a LOT of bulk to the phone, to the point where other non 8350i BB users started making fun. The other issue with the big black BB case is that there was no holster/clip for it so you were left carring it around. To it's defense it would protect the phone from a pretty good drop. I then got a OtterBox defender. Great case, protection out the gazoo and a clip holster to carry it on your belt. My problem with the Otterbox, just a bit too big for me. (Anyone interested in mine, PM me with an offer, it's pretty much brand new (2 weeks of use)).

So I ordered a seidio innocase II / clip combo. Seidio now calls this the innocase surface. It adds only the smallest addition bulk and fits in it's clip like a dream (to me at least). I now think I have my 8350i solution. They also have a few other pouch, holder solutions for those who just don't like clips. Scroll to the bottom of the 8350i selection to find the combo items.

After adding the 16GB SDHC card throwing a bunch of MP3 on there, and adding slacker radio I got the Seidio 2.5 -3.5 adapter to use my own headphones. Seidio delivers again.

Finally, I just saw they will soon have a drop in nightstand charger that is capable of charging even with the innocase. Just what I was looking for. I think this rounds out my wish list of accessories for my 8350i. While Seidio is not the cheapest in the world, they do seem to be delivering just what I want and it's clear to me at least that they take the time to engineer the product specific to the device. The fit of the innocase was pretty darn good and I'm very happy with the minimal additional bulk it added. My only critisism on the innocase is the finish and how "holdable" it is. I think I'm still getting used to it after having the big bulky BB Black case. The innocase is not rubbery like the BB case so there are times where I find myself almost losing grip of the phone when psyco texting or emailing (all you adicts know what I'm talking about). Again, I think it's just something I'm getting used to and not such a big problem at all.

Thanks Seidio for stepping up and fully supporting the 8350i. As soon as the charger base ships, I'll be putting that on my night stand and can say so long to fumbling with the mini-usb every night, especially in the dark.

Roveer
    02-22-09 01:44 PM
    I agree, Waiting on my holster/case combo to arrive. Told the wife this is the last thing I will buy for it for awhile, now that I have my 8gig card in it too.
    02-22-09 01:59 PM
    ^ Agree, Love the Seidio combo solution.
    02-22-09 03:00 PM
    If I understand correctly though the Innocase has no screen protection? Correct me if I'm wrong please... I too have the Otter and it's a beast... but it's the only thing I have found with screen protection. Not a big fan of squeegeeing square plastic onto my phone.
    02-22-09 03:09 PM
    Yes, the Otterbox is the only one I've seen with plastic screen protection. That added with that plastic keyboard protector they give you provides one heck of a good protection system. If you are rugged with your phone, then the Otterbox is by far the best protection that exists.

I put a plastic sceen protector on my 8350i this weekend. So far I'm not impressed. Will give it a while longer to see if the micro-bubbles dissapear like the instructions say they will.

Roveer
    02-22-09 04:41 PM
    I echo everyone else. I have been using mine for about 5 days now. Its great! I like the texture too. I just wish they would get more colors out. My GF is waiting on Pink.... I am also waiting on the car cradle to come out. But, atleast somebody is stepping up!
    And, to answer, no screen guard on the Innocase.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-22-09 04:53 PM
    i really need a stand for it! using a small cup that lets it stick out the top for now.
    02-22-09 05:22 PM
    sprint has the nightstand charger ive had it for few weeks now its best thing ive bought.i wanna get a replacement seido back for regular battery with the speaker slots to let more sound out .. do they make this yet?ive seen the larger battery door.
    02-22-09 06:31 PM
    sprint has the nightstand charger ive had it for few weeks now its best thing ive bought.i wanna get a replacement seido back for regular battery with the speaker slots to let more sound out .. do they make this yet?ive seen the larger battery door.
    Yep. I ordered 2 of them. Not that it matters now....... The Innocase covers it. But it does latch better than the OEM door.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-22-09 06:55 PM
    Roveer, what type of closure is on your case? Is it velcro or magnetic? I agree with you on Seidio. I purchased their 3.5mm to 2.5mm adapter cable and it works great. I'm thinking of getting this combo also but I'm waiting to see the case that NiteIze is coming out with in March. They make some nice heavy duty nylon cases that are very durable. I had one of theirs for my I560 that I still use for the 8350i (no magnet for standby, so I just put it in standby manually).
    02-23-09 06:42 AM
    i just ordered one of these for mine. im so excited!

does anyone have echo problems with theirs?

thnaks
    02-24-09 08:17 AM
    I too ordered one...I want it right this second!
    02-25-09 01:47 AM
    jus ordered mine and also the replacement door for more sound to come thru
    will post back when i recieve it to let yall know how its workin
    02-25-09 08:57 AM
    got mine this afternoon

love the size and feel and the clip holster as well.

people i call can still hear an echo! WTF?!

i bitched to Nextel today and they agreed to send me a new phone overnight because of the echo and because i havent been receiving my emails.

i will try with the new one and report back tomorrow
    02-25-09 07:08 PM
    Have had mine a few weeks and love it. I was about to buy an Otter Box but I am glad that I chose this one instead. I use it in conbination with the Invisible Shield by Zagg. If there was some sort of keyboard protection that could be used with this case it would be perfect.
    02-28-09 06:19 AM
    Seidio also jusy release the crystal case and Hybrid case for Blackberry 8350
    02-28-09 10:18 AM
    Just got my seidio innocase II / clip combo.

Echos just like the Otterbox.
    02-28-09 12:05 PM
    I wonder what a opinion will a mechanic have about this issue greasy hands?
    02-28-09 06:51 PM
    Echo issues are in the phone and are slated to be fixed in the next BB software update. Don't blame the case. Some have echo with no case, some have it with a case some (like me), don't have it with or without a case so it's totally unpredictable. Hopefully the next update will fix for everyone.

Roveer
    03-01-09 08:25 PM
    "The keyboard & screen are also left uncovered, making it easier to use." Hybrid Crystal Case
    03-02-09 01:08 AM
    Im not happy with their products. I ordered a extended battery and door and then ordered their extened batter leather case. The phone doesnt fit in the case like a real Blackberry case and is big and bulky. I have decided to make my own out of real leather and see what comes of it. I also have a snake skin im gonna try to make one too. For the price of their case i have enough material to make maybe 25 cases. I will post pics once its done!!
    03-03-09 10:47 PM
    i have the echo and i have no case
    03-04-09 02:11 AM
    I got the case last friday....and I love it! This is exactly what I was hoping for. It fits the phone perfectly and I an no longer worried about damaging it. The clip clasp(holds phone in) is a little big and cumberson but at this point I don't care! Great product I feel. No issue with any echo.
    03-04-09 05:57 AM
    for the people that have this how much bulk does it add?
    03-07-09 03:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD