10-30-11 07:01 PM
43 12
tools
    For those waiting on the Seidio spring clip holster for the 99xx, it has arrived. For those not entirely sure what this is, this is the Seidio holster for the naked 99xx, not for the phone when it's in a case.

Product page: seidioonline.com

Now I'm just waiting for the extended slim battery.
    10-04-11 10:17 AM
    ...finally. Just ordered one. Use coupon code MDHEJK for 10% off until 10/31.
    Last edited by otacon72; 10-04-11 at 10:48 AM.
    10-04-11 10:42 AM
    Yep. Did the same, and with the same coupon. Should be to me by Friday.
    10-04-11 11:21 AM
    Does this one have a magnet, and also does this scratch the phone any since you are going naked into a spring holster?
    10-04-11 04:27 PM
    I just ordered one also, but if it doesn't have a sleeper magnet that's a total deal breaker and it is for sure going back.
    10-04-11 06:30 PM
    Does this one have a magnet, and also does this scratch the phone any since you are going naked into a spring holster?
    The holster is padded where the screen is. Every spring clip holster for a naked device I've bought from Seidio has had the magnet. It'll be here Friday so we'll see.
    10-04-11 07:18 PM
    The holster is padded where the screen is. Every spring clip holster for a naked device I've bought from Seidio has had the magnet. It'll be here Friday so we'll see.
    I guess what concerns me is where the clip hits the back of the phone. Does that part scratch the back of the phone or is the clip part have a rubber piece there for protection.
    10-04-11 07:22 PM
    I guess what concerns me is where the clip hits the back of the phone. Does that part scratch the back of the phone or is the clip part have a rubber piece there for protection.
    It did on the 9650 after a year of going in and out of the holster several times a day. I saw very small and faint scratches where the clip rubbed against the phone. The 9930 has the rubberized coating where the clip is going to be so I don't think it will be much of an issue.
    10-04-11 07:44 PM
    All of The BlackBerry holsters from Seidio have the magnet to put the phone in standby, and the clip has a piece of rubber at the end to help protect the phone.
    10-04-11 08:43 PM
    All of The BlackBerry holsters from Seidio have the magnet to put the phone in standby, and the clip has a piece of rubber at the end to help protect the phone.

Actually the Seidio Surface combo with holster does not have the magnet that is why I asked. I just purchased this last weekend and was surprised not to see it on there.
    10-04-11 08:47 PM
    Actually the Seidio Surface combo with holster does not have the magnet that is why I asked. I just purchased this last weekend and was surprised not to see it on there.
    That what concerns me. There is no mention of a magnet in the description and there usually is on previous clips.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-04-11 08:52 PM
    That's what I thought too (all of my previous ones did) but I was wrong. I am returning my surface case and clip tomorrow for that very reason. THESE DO NOT HAVE THE MAGNET.
    10-04-11 09:04 PM
    Thanks been waiting

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    10-04-11 11:45 PM
    Well, I stand corrected. Let me put it this way... all of the previous Seidio holsters I have ever had (and I've had plenty) have had magnets. Looks like I will be making a phone call later today.
    10-05-11 06:22 AM
    Well, I stand corrected. Let me put it this way... all of the previous Seidio holsters I have ever had (and I've had plenty) have had magnets. Looks like I will be making a phone call later today.
    ifarlow.......please post your findings.....I ordered one yesterday, but then cancelled the order an hour later after reading some more posts. I love Seidio products and have bought the spring clip holster for my last 4 BlackBerries. It seems crazy that they would not have the magnets in them for the 9900/9930?
    10-05-11 10:35 AM
    Chatting with Seidio now. Looks like my long-term relationship with them is coming to an end. No more magnets, and no explanation why they would stop including magnets in their products. They insist that I can add one myself, but that's not a professional solution from a company that I have purchased holsters from for years.

UPDATE: This applies to the 9900/9930 holsters AND the 9850/9860 holsters. What a joke.
    Last edited by ifarlow; 10-05-11 at 11:31 AM.
    10-05-11 11:28 AM
    Chatting with Seidio now. Looks like my long-term relationship with them is coming to an end. No more magnets, and no explanation why they would stop including magnets in their products. They insist that I can add one myself, but that's not a professional solution from a company that I have purchased holsters from for years.

UPDATE: This applies to the 9900/9930 holsters AND the 9850/9860 holsters. What a joke.
    ifarlow.......thanks for the update. This is a very sad day........bye bye Seidio......
    10-05-11 11:56 AM
    Does anyone know if there is anywhere else we can get a spring-clip for a naked 9900/9930?
    10-05-11 11:57 AM
    ifarlow.......thanks for the update. This is a very sad day........bye bye Seidio......
    Yep. What a stupid move. I asked for someone from development to contact me, but I'm not holding my breath that they will bother.
    10-05-11 12:02 PM
    Just cancelled my order and expressed my displeasure
    I suggest a few more people contact Seidio and let them know.
    What a stupid feature to omit
    10-05-11 12:09 PM
    I too encourage others to call/chat to both confirm what I have found (and what those that already bought and received have found) and to express displeasure. What an incredibly stupid move for Seidio.
    10-05-11 12:12 PM
    Seidio is definitely going down. Had a horrible experience with a Torch case, and it looks like it's just getting worse. They used to be such a great company with great products too... what a shame.
    10-05-11 05:33 PM
    The problem is, does anyone else even make a spring-clip holster?
    10-05-11 05:51 PM
    I haven't looked that much, but as I recall there weren't any other decent options.
    10-05-11 07:34 PM
    So take the thin battery out of the OEM holster and slip it under the padded backing on the Seidio holster. I know it's not ideal but it should be pretty easy.

Just took my OEM Holster apart. It actually has two magnets. One in the middle and one in the corner. Wonder what the one in the upper corner does. The one in the middle is pretty thin, should slide under the padding on the Seidio holster nicely.
    Last edited by otacon72; 10-05-11 at 08:41 PM.
    10-05-11 08:28 PM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD