I got my Storm on release day. I also bought a spare battery. When I asked the VZW rep about a charger for it, they indicated it was not yet available. Ok, no problem.

Two weeks before Christmas, I ordered the BB spare battery charger for the Storm, here on the CB store. It was a pre-order. No problem still. For weeks, they kept pushing the shipping date up and after about a month, I gave up and cancelled the order.

A couple of weeks ago, I discovered that Seidio had one, again, pre-order. I ordered it. There was a one week slip in the ship date but today, it arrived! I was excited to see it and immediately grabbed my spare, read the directions and set it up.

I opted to plug it into a wall outlet (it also offers USB charging). The LED light did not come on to indicate it was connected. I unplugged and re-plugged it a half dozen times to no avail. Even read the directions again (painful as that sort of thing is for a guy). I tried other outlets in the house. Nada...no luck. Finally, during one attempt, I got a green light. I put the battery in and the LED went to red, indicating it was charging. I left the house for two hours and when I returned, I noticed the light was now green. "Wow" I thought, "that was fast." I don't like fast charging, hard on the battery but so be it. Since my battery in the Storm was down to 20%, I removed it and put in the newly "charged" battery. You can imagine my dismay when, after the loonnnngggg reboot process, I discovered that the battery was only 65% charged! Arrrrgggghhh. Now, I am again experiencing problems with the LED light not coming on.

C'mon, this isn't rocket science, it's a battery charger for crying out loud!

:::: sigh :::: Guess I'll call Seidio in the morning, but be advised, this thing isn't exactly impressive.
    Last edited by EnergyPlus; 02-13-09 at 11:39 PM.
    02-13-09 09:30 PM
    Anybody else have this issue or perhaps, a better one?
    02-16-09 12:24 AM
    I got my Storm on release day. I also bought a spare battery. When I asked the VZW rep about a charger for it, they indicated it was not yet available. Ok, no problem.

Two weeks before Christmas, I ordered the BB spare battery charger for the Storm, here on the CB store. It was a pre-order. No problem still. For weeks, they kept pushing the shipping date up and after about a month, I gave up and cancelled the order.

A couple of weeks ago, I discovered that Seidio had one, again, pre-order. I ordered it. There was a one week slip in the ship date but today, it arrived! I was excited to see it and immediately grabbed my spare, read the directions and set it up.

I opted to plug it into a wall outlet (it also offers USB charging). The LED light did not come on to indicate it was connected. I unplugged and re-plugged it a half dozen times to no avail. Even read the directions again (painful as that sort of thing is for a guy). I tried other outlets in the house. Nada...no luck. Finally, during one attempt, I got a green light. I put the battery in and the LED went to red, indicating it was charging. I left the house for two hours and when I returned, I noticed the light was now green. "Wow" I thought, "that was fast." I don't like fast charging, hard on the battery but so be it. Since my battery in the Storm was down to 20%, I removed it and put in the newly "charged" battery. You can imagine my dismay when, after the loonnnngggg reboot process, I discovered that the battery was only 65% charged! Arrrrgggghhh. Now, I am again experiencing problems with the LED light not coming on.

C'mon, this isn't rocket science, it's a battery charger for crying out loud!

:::: sigh :::: Guess I'll call Seidio in the morning, but be advised, this thing isn't exactly impressive.
    Energy,

I'm sorry you're having a problem with your battery charger, but I can assure you this is not the norm. Please send your contact and original order information to forum@seidio.com and we'll get you a replacement.

Thanks,
    02-16-09 02:02 PM
    I bought an external charger (similar to the one you mention) and 2 spare 8900/9500 batteries, all for about $22 shipped on eBay. (Less than the price for just the Seidio charger.) Everything has been working fine so far. Plus I have 2 batteries that I can charge and keep around as emergency spares. One battery discharged maybe 1-2% after a week, and the other has been giving me 'normal' battery life all week.
    03-29-09 10:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD