I've been looking at the Seidio Slim extended battery for the Storm. Although I have heard nothing but postive things about Seidio products, I am a little apprehensive about aftermarket batteries, expecially one that has a higher capacity than OEM. Any thoughts?
    01-10-09 01:28 PM
    Same sh!t different pile.... They are probably made in the same factories as the OEM batteries... I'd not really recommend the battery until yours starts to show some degradation as the extra capacity isn't really that big of a deal...

You're looking at a 12.5% increase. Which is decent but not earth shattering..... So unless you want two batteries I'd not recommend it now... But if you want two batteries jump all over it!
    01-10-09 01:32 PM
    It's all personal choice. I was looking into buying an extra OEM battery, then Seidio came out with that one so I might get that one and I thought about the extended battery but I don't want the added thickness. Can't use my case or my charging port which also makes the Storm a clock for my room and hotels.
    01-10-09 01:35 PM
    Personal opinion and personal choice. However I have used Seidio extended batteries for awhile now and love them and have not had any issues at all.
    I have one for my curve and also have one for my Storm. Would recommend it anyday of the week to anyone.
    However it is a personal opinion but honestly I have not had any issues at all.
    01-10-09 01:50 PM
    To clarify I have the extended slim battery version for both my Curve and Storm. The one that fits in the back using the OEM battery cover not the huge extended version that requires a different battery cover.
    01-10-09 01:51 PM
    Seido batteries rock. I had on in my pearl for a year, that little bit of extra life made all the difference in the world at the end of the day. They also fit just a little snugger than the OEMs, which is kinda nice.
    01-10-09 02:19 PM
    i requested to be a dealer of theres (i manage a few stores) and if they resond (its been over a week) i will take 2 brand new storms (one with an OEM battery, and one with the Seidio extended/standard form battery) and put the same music on each phone, and record how long they last. Test should show real time of how much longer the extended actually last.
    01-10-09 02:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD