A while ago, I bought a Body Glove for my Curve. The rubberized material made it a nightmare to get in and out of my back jeans pocket. Needless to say, I pulled off the backing and have spent 2 days trying to remove the adhesive with Goo Gone.

For the past few weeks, I have been using the leather case that came with the phone, but last weekend I somehow managed to crack the screen WHILE it was in the leather case. (maybe I should stop wearing it in my back pocket, but I don't have much choice if I want to keep it on me)

Anyways, I'm thinking about getting a Seido Hard Case, but that word RUBBERIZED scares me. I'm worried I will hate it as much as the Body Glove, but I need to protect my screen (once I replace it of course).

I also like using the Curve without a case (but we now know how that turned out); the cases seem to bulk it up too much, especially ones with screen protectors.

So, to finally get to the point, hopefully someone can tell me about their experience with the Seido case (perferably in contrast to the Body Glove)
    1. Will the rubberized Seido case drive me nuts as the Body Glove did?
    2. Does the Seido Case bulk up the phone as much as the Body Glove? More so? Less?

My other option is to use the leather case when I know I won't be wearing the phone in my back pocket all day, and using the "altered" Body Glove when I will. That way, I don't have to buy anything, but my phone will just look stupid from time to time. Or maybe I'm thinking about this too much....

Any help is appreciated!
    11-27-08 07:50 PM
    The Seidio case is made of hard plastic and will not bulk up. The outside of the case feels like rubber (non-slip surface) thus the "rubberized" in its name.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-27-08 11:06 PM
    I feel that Seidio is 150% better then Body Gloves case IMO...

When I do have the case on I love it, but it does get rotated out with others....
    11-27-08 11:08 PM
    The sedio case does not have a screen protector. FYI

12-01-08 08:27 AM
    Ihave this case and love it. I have the burgandy case and it matches the color of the phone perfectly. It doesn't have the screen protectorn but I bought of the screen protectors and it works good.

12-01-08 07:03 PM
    the seidio rubberized case is great doesn't stick on anything like the regular silicone skin
    12-01-08 07:07 PM
    how much are those cases? anybody find a good deal?
    12-03-08 10:51 PM
    I bought a rubberied hard case, screen protector(cheap pos), and a car charger off Ebay for 9.12 with shipping insurance. I love the case, but I wish it was a little skinnier. :/ but overall, its awesome!

12-04-08 08:14 PM
    The case looks / feels great. The issue is that it really isn't durable at all... I've been thru three of these case over the past year. The first one I dropped so shame on me (I don't blame that on the case although...) the other two times? The case cracked above the volume rocker switch both times. I use the cradle / clip that comes with the Sedio kit or it's in my pocket. I am aware of two other people who have had the same issue.

Great looking case but horrid durability (from my experience)
    12-23-08 02:37 PM
    Hey, this is my first post in crackberry. I just got myself a bold. i am looking for a hard case, and my decision falls on these seidio. if it is ok .. i have a request for those seidio rubberized hard case owner, could u please post a picture on your phone using the case? the picture on the website itself is not so clear.

I was thinking to get 1 for my bold too.. but i afraid, that would make the phone very bulky like a normal hard case, and a weird touch feeling. Btw, is this Seidio hard case similiar to the iPhone rubberized case "incase"? and is it true, that this case is very hard to get on the phone? (i read it from another neighbor's forums...

Thanks in advanced...
    01-07-09 12:34 PM
    I just bought the seidio hard case for my 8330 and I love it! The only drawbacks are the case gets in the way slightly of the outer keys and the trackball, but these are really minor grievances. I think once I get used to the case after a couple of days, it won't even be an issue.

01-07-09 05:30 PM
    I just recently bought a hard rubberized cover case for my 8330 through EBay. The maker of the case is Talon. I love the feel and everything else about it except that it comes with a detachable clip. I don't have a problem with the clip itself (It's pretty nice that it's detachable) but I do have a problem with the gromet that pokes out from the back of the case that the clip seats on.

My question is; does anybody know how to take that gromet off? I don't want to break the case and i've already tried twisting it off because it looks like this can be done but that sucker is on there good and won't budge.

My end goal is to take the gromet off the case so I can just slide it in and out of my shirt or jacket pocket without it getting caught or hung up on anything.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated and again i'm sorry if this request for help is way off topic.
    01-09-09 10:00 PM
    I just recently bought a hard rubberized cover case for my 8330 through EBay. The maker of the case is Talon. I love the feel and everything else about it except that it comes with a detachable clip. I don't have a problem with the clip itself (It's pretty nice that it's detachable) but I do have a problem with the gromet that pokes out from the back of the case that the clip seats on.

My question is; does anybody know how to take that gromet off? I don't want to break the case and i've already tried twisting it off because it looks like this can be done but that sucker is on there good and won't budge.

My end goal is to take the gromet off the case so I can just slide it in and out of my shirt or jacket pocket without it getting caught or hung up on anything.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated and again i'm sorry if this request for help is way off topic.

Nevermind; I figured it out. Just FYI; on the inside of the back part of the case there is a sticky foam circle that when scraped away reveals a tiny phillips head screw. I just removed the tiny screw and viola.
    01-12-09 08:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD