In case its of interest I've just received the Seidio SUPER SLIM RUBBERIZED HARD CASE & HOLSTER COMBO-BLACKBERRY CURVE in black for my 8310. Bearing in mind these cost $78 including shipping to the UK my initial reaction is not favourable.

I'll live with the thing and see it it grows on me but initial honest thoughts are:

The "rubberised" skin is not really rubberised and is not all grippy. I'd have prefered it to have a more grippy surface more like the rubber skins you can buy.

The fit of the case, cosmetically, isn't good and, to be honest, it doesn't seem customised to the 8300 series.

My main gripes are:

*On the front the curved plate at the top cuts in and masks the top of the BlackBerry branding name and logo

*The proud centre bar section separating the screen and primary keys plus trackball catches on the thumb making easy use more difficult.

*On the back there's a large elongated horizontal oval cut out at top left. The word Blackberry can just be seen at the very bottom of the cut out although the "B" plus also the letters "rry" are cut off at the end. This in particular looks really aweful visually. If the cut out is there to display the logo and word BlackBerry (can't see what its function is otherwise) then this should be centred neatly in the void which it most certainly is not.

This is the case they sell for the 8310 but, to be honest, it almost seems to be designed for a different layout. Really does not look good at all.

The holster seems to work okay but does not give the impession of being well made. We'll see but I suspect it will not last long in use.

All in all I wish I had not bought this and had stuck to the leather Blackberry holster plus rubber skin I had been using up till now which looks a lot neater and functions well, and is a lot cheaper too.
    04-14-08 07:11 AM
    Exactly the same reasons, I didn't go for it initially. Even before getting my 8310, I was looking for a case and had narrowed it down to the Seidio one. But then saw it in person and decided that I will get one , when my curve loses its shine and luster...till then I want to flaunt it.
    04-14-08 07:19 AM
    I believe that the cutout, to which you were referring, is supposedly for the internal antenna. I could be wrong.

I love the case. I, actually, prefer the less 'grippy' quality about it. Any 'grippier' and I'd be wiping dust and lint off of it, continuously. Mine, also, seems to fit my Curve perfectly. I love the way it looks, as well.

Different strokes, for different folks

However, you're right. 78 bucks is a bit overkill. I would think you'd be able to find something local.
    04-14-08 07:22 AM
    To bad you know like the case, I have always loved all the product that I have gotten from them. Is there anyway that you could modify the case to your liking. You know a little customizations with an exacto knife or something?
    04-14-08 08:42 AM
    I initially purchased the Clear Case with the Holster and did not like how the casing fit. On one corner it was loose and didn't close securely. I tried to live with it because I liked the see-through look, but then I started to see dust and lint get in there and that was enough for me to look for something new.

I like the Seidio Holster though. It's sturdy and made of durable plastic. It has the sleeper function which is a plus for me. I also found that it held my Curve securely and it was easy to remove and put back in.

I decided to try the Seidio "hard" rubberized case. Bear in mind it is described as hard. I got it in blue and its perfect. It fit securely and in my opinion has a nice outer rubberized feel and grip. I am able to still use the Holster I had previously purchased which makes me happy.

To the OP, everyone has their own preferences and expectations when it comes to certain things. It's unfortunate that the Seidio Hard Rubberized Case was not right for you. If you're looking for something with a full rubberized feel fitted for your phone, I suggest you look into the Body Glove Silicone for RIM Blackberry 8300 at their website which I cannot link for you (still a newbie.) I purchased that case originally for my Curve. I just didn't find it suitable for me.

Hope you find a case that's meets your preferences and expectations.
    04-14-08 09:45 AM
    I bought the 2600 mAh extended battery and the Holster, as well as their screen protector. Pricey no doubt, I had to shell out US $ 120 to get them to me here in India. Having said that, I really love the Seidio stuff. The battery keeps my BB going for a week without recharge. It comes with nice replacement back which is far superior to the original battery cover. Its black and slightly rubbery, which makes it a great grip. The holster is also of great quality, slightly rubbery and great to hold. Screen cover is as good as any other.
    Overall, I'm happy!
    04-14-08 09:53 AM
    I initially purchased the Clear Case with the Holster and did not like how the casing fit. On one corner it was loose and didn't close securely. I tried to live with it because I liked the see-through look, but then I started to see dust and lint get in there and that was enough for me to look for something new.

I like the Seidio Holster though. It's sturdy and made of durable plastic. It has the sleeper function which is a plus for me. I also found that it held my Curve securely and it was easy to remove and put back in.

I decided to try the Seidio "hard" rubberized case. Bear in mind it is described as hard. I got it in blue and its perfect. It fit securely and in my opinion has a nice outer rubberized feel and grip. I am able to still use the Holster I had previously purchased which makes me happy.

To the OP, everyone has their own preferences and expectations when it comes to certain things. It's unfortunate that the Seidio Hard Rubberized Case was not right for you. If you're looking for something with a full rubberized feel fitted for your phone, I suggest you look into the Body Glove Silicone for RIM Blackberry 8300 at their website which I cannot link for you (still a newbie.) I purchased that case originally for my Curve. I just didn't find it suitable for me.

Hope you find a case that's meets your preferences and expectations.
    Its the lack of attention to detail that frustrates me, and I talk as someone who has their own small manufacturing company where such detail is paramount. I just wish they had made the case more sympathetic to the phone and designed the cutouts to match the branding beneath etc which it does not do. I'm surprised other buyers have not found this lack of attention frustrating, or perhaps its just me expecting too much?
    04-14-08 11:30 AM
    I bought this case too, I like the looks of it a lot. I don't use it though. The inside of it has rough spots that have scratched my curve. Also, the top left corner will not stay snapped together. The final straw was when it fell from my coffee table to the floor (carpeted) and the front and back pieces went in different directions. Still, the screen guards that I bought with it are great.
    04-14-08 12:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD