View Poll Results: Which product is better?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Otterbox Defender

12 34.29%
  • Seidio Innocase w/clip

18 51.43%
  • Other: Specify

5 14.29%
09-19-08 08:34 PM
37 12
tools
    Looking for a better holster.
    07-31-08 01:23 PM
    go with seidio!!!
    07-31-08 01:24 PM
    Seidio if I had to choose.
    07-31-08 01:57 PM
    How about some love for the Cellet Executive Leather Form Fit Case!! Check the avatar!!

I vote for 'other'!!

I'm sure graceless would second? LOL!!
    07-31-08 02:06 PM
    Seidio! Seidio! Seidio!
    07-31-08 02:35 PM
    I just use the regular BlackBerry case, lol.
    07-31-08 02:39 PM
    I love my seidio holster. Works even better with the Seidio enhanced audio replacement door!!!
    07-31-08 02:54 PM
    Do either of those have the sleeper magnet in them?
    07-31-08 02:56 PM
    Seido has the magnet for the sleeper feature.
    There is some disagreement wether the Otterbox function works 100%
    07-31-08 02:59 PM
    The otterbox looks like a vault, lol. Is it really that durable?
    07-31-08 03:13 PM
    Seidio Innocase w/clip
    07-31-08 03:23 PM
    The otterbox looks like a vault, lol. Is it really that durable?
    VERY durable. I had it on my Pearl. You could drop that thing from heights and it stood its ground..
    07-31-08 03:24 PM
    VERY durable. I had it on my Pearl. You could drop that thing from heights and it stood its ground..
    Woah! How hard is it to change the battery with the otterbox on?
    07-31-08 03:28 PM
    I like the OEM sleeve that it came with....I leave mine in my pocket 99% of the time.
    07-31-08 04:42 PM
    I now have both Otter Box for work, Seido for after work and weekends.

I think they both would be a great add on for your phone.
    07-31-08 05:03 PM
    I like the OEM sleeve that it came with....I leave mine in my pocket 99% of the time.
    I use the sleeve too. It seems to work better than I thought.

Another case that I've had is the BodyGlove Scuba Case and it worked excellent. The only complaint that I had was changing the battery in my cell. That's it!
    07-31-08 09:03 PM
    Otterbox here. Bumble Bee all the way! Seriously though, I just came from Nextel, and wanted something that would give me similar durability, and Otterbox comes closest, IMHO (though I haven't had a Seidio in hand for a real comparison).

Once you get the hang of it, the Otterbox case for the Pearl can be removed fairly quickly without tools (I had a Pearl, with Otterbox, for about two weeks) - making battery pulls not a major concern, but certainly more difficult than without the Otterbox.

On the other hand, the Otterbox on my Curve seems like it will be a significantly more difficult to remove. The hard case of the Otterbox for the Pearl is pealed back a bit from the keyboard a little more than on the Pearl, which necessitates the clear protective layer underneath wraps more around the sides of the device to ensure overlap, making for a tighter fit.

Also, clear protective layer of the Otterbox for the Curve appears to cause some issues with camera focus for some users (me included), whereas I did not see or hear of that problem with the Pearl. The outer rubberized layer for the Curve appears to be a little more solid that that for the Pearl, and more easily retains the proper shape to "hug" the hard cover.
    07-31-08 10:21 PM
    Has anyone tried the crystal Seidio innocase? I had the pink one but I really love the way the phone looks on its own and would like a clear one to show it off! Does it tend to show scratches easily? I just carry my BB in my purse.
    07-31-08 10:48 PM
    How about some love for the Cellet Executive Leather Form Fit Case!! Check the avatar!!

I vote for 'other'!!

I'm sure graceless would second? LOL!!

07-31-08 10:57 PM
    I like Seidio products better. To me, the Otterbox seems too bulky and big. I haven't seen it in person so I can't fully judge that's just how it appears to me from pics I've seen on the web. Can anyone that has one say how it really looks and feels?
    07-31-08 10:59 PM
    I have both. To keep the dust out in rough environments its the otterbox. For less aggressive environments the Seidio will provide a reasonable level of protection especially against falls. Both holsters have the magnet sleeper function and both function well.
    The comparison above assumes that a screen protector is used with the Seidio. The otteros comes with a protective membrane that's fitted over the keypad and screen which I find aids typing. No need for wiping and washing of hands. The otterbox is definitely for continuous everyday hard core use. I have mine on right now. All black.
    07-31-08 11:00 PM
    I thought the Otter Box would be a little to bulky but I think it's perfect. Maybe because my hands are a little larger and it makes it better. I've used one for my music Ipod when I work out, I can drop it playing racketball, take it in the sauna and shower while listening to my tunes without any problems. Beauty or durability.
    07-31-08 11:11 PM
    When I take my BB out of the otterbox; it looks brand new. I have dropped it(over 10 feet), been sprayed with water and hydraulic oil, and covered in plastic dust. I am completely sold on the otterbox. I recommend it to all my co-workers. It's tough as ****!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-31-08 11:34 PM
    i have the seidio hybrid case and i love it.. the only problem thought is that its a little bit too hard to get off for a battery pull etc.. but i have a trick ith a credit card so im fine.. but i would definetely go with seidio.. and the oem rubberized battery cover goes great with any seidio innocase
    07-31-08 11:42 PM
    What's "magnet sleeper function"? I thought having magnets close to phones were bad.
    08-01-08 01:40 AM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD