07-22-08 01:01 PM
47 12
tools
    With OEM battery:

Seidio "OEM-sized" battery:

Clearly the Seidio battery doesn't allow the battery cover to sit flush. Anyone else experienced this? I already emailed seidio but I was just wondering if anyone here had the same thing.
    07-15-08 04:27 PM
    I was wondering about this. Is it causing problems for your phone?
    07-15-08 04:34 PM
    The phone works fine, but my sister won't use it like that. Its advertised as OEM sized so it should let the OEM battery cover fit correctly.
    07-15-08 04:38 PM
    i have this. i really don't notice it unless i run my hand over it. in everyday use it doesn't cause an issue
    07-15-08 04:39 PM
    Is that the 1500 extended battery? I have heard of the 1500 causing the problem you show. If it is the 1100, there should certainly not be any gaps. I'm looking to get the 2600 with door cover. Any one have the 2600 with door compartment problems?
    07-15-08 04:53 PM
    2600 comes with a new door.
    OP is talking about the 1500 as it refers to it as SEIDO OEM sized
    07-15-08 04:55 PM
    Hmmm... I was about to pull the trigger on a Seido 1500, but now I'm reconsidering.

Anybody know if replacing the battery cover with one of their rubberized ones makes any difference?
    07-15-08 05:08 PM
    Hmmm... I was about to pull the trigger on a Seido 1500, but now I'm reconsidering.

Anybody know if replacing the battery cover with one of their rubberized ones makes any difference?
    I'm in the same boat. If you buy the 1500 battery and the cover, it's $60. For $50 you get the BigDaddy 2600 with the cover included. I'm leaning towards the 2600 with cover and get a holster to go along with it. I've heard nothing but goods things about the 2600.
    07-15-08 05:14 PM
    I was wondering the same, I would assume that it does not because it works perfectly with the OEM battery so then it probably couldn't with the 1500 battery too. I don't want to get the 2600 because that kills the whole idea of the curve being a small device and its simply not worth it to me. I'm now deciding between using the 1500 with the bad battery door and using the regular OEM battery and just having to charge more.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-15-08 05:15 PM
    I have the 1500 Seidio battery and dont have this issue. I am on a 8320 though.
    07-15-08 05:20 PM
    I have an 8320 with the seidio 1500, my back doesnt protrude like the one in the pic. But it doesnt secure snug like before. This is not a problem because i always have my phone in the rubberized hard case.

Just a quick fyi in regards to the rubberized battery door. After about 2 weeks of using this door, the top right clip was pretty much shaved down on the battery door. And it no longer worked correctly, im sure this is from doing my battery pulls. But it could be a combination of the battery with the battery door. Which is pretty redundent considering they are both Seidio products

Overall im satisfied with this battery though
    07-15-08 05:31 PM
    Thanks so much for posting this... I was going to order that battery this morning, but got tied up in some other business... I'm pretty picky and for me that is completely unacceptable... I HAD the battery door already and the fit wasn't what I had hoped for with all the praise I hear for Seidio... Thanks for this post!
    07-16-08 01:44 AM
    Clearly the Seidio battery doesn't allow the battery cover to sit flush. Anyone else experienced this? I already emailed seidio but I was just wondering if anyone here had the same thing.
    Thanks for posting. I'll have our engineering group look into this right away.

Seidio
    Last edited by seidioseidio; 07-16-08 at 09:15 AM.
    07-16-08 05:57 AM
    I have an 8320 with the seidio 1500, my back doesnt protrude like the one in the pic. But it doesnt secure snug like before. This is not a problem because i always have my phone in the rubberized hard case.

Just a quick fyi in regards to the rubberized battery door. After about 2 weeks of using this door, the top right clip was pretty much shaved down on the battery door. And it no longer worked correctly, im sure this is from doing my battery pulls. But it could be a combination of the battery with the battery door. Which is pretty redundent considering they are both Seidio products

Overall im satisfied with this battery though
    Shory,

In regards to your battery door problem, please email your contact and original order information to forum@seidio.com and I'll see what I can do for you.

Thanks,
    07-16-08 09:17 AM
    That's good stuff when the manufacturer jumps on to try and resolve the problem quickly.
    07-16-08 09:25 AM
    I have the Seideio OEM sized extended battery for my 8130. It is ever so slightly thicker than the OEM Blackberry battery, but on the Pearl it actually helps fix the loose back cover problem .
    07-16-08 09:29 AM
    That's good stuff when the manufacturer jumps on to try and resolve the problem quickly.
    Seidios awesome folks ALL my cases/batteries for both my berries are from Seidio and I have had no issue with any of the items I purchased. The crystal hard case saved my pearls life too!
    07-16-08 09:33 AM
    Thanks for posting. I'll have our engineering group look into this right away.

Seidio
    Shory,

In regards to your battery door problem, please email your contact and original order information to forum@seidio.com and I'll see what I can do for you.

Thanks,
    The manufacturer should have jumped in months and months ago when several people were posting having this exact same problem. What is engineering going to do NOW!! I am sure there are thousands and thousands of these batteries already at stores waiting to be sold. Seidio is only doing damage control. Business 101. Just my opinion.
    07-16-08 10:48 AM
    tennistim - It shows you joined in June this year which is a month ago. Your claiming people have been complaining for months and months what gives.

Not arguing what your saying, I have not been a member here long enough to know. Damage control is part of business, there is no way any company can do everything right the first time.
    07-16-08 12:44 PM
    Shory,

Thanks,
    I sent you an email..
    07-16-08 02:02 PM
    2600 comes with a new door.
    OP is talking about the 1500 as it refers to it as SEIDO OEM sized
    I have the 2600 and accompanying back door. Mine will not sit flush on one side. It causes no problems and fits in normal holster fine. Just cosmetic and annoying if type triple A personality like me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-16-08 02:14 PM
    Does the only color the 2600 Battery door come in is black? I have a Titanium Curve.....
    07-16-08 02:56 PM
    scrape the foam tape off the inside of the battery door.
    07-16-08 04:37 PM
    scrape the foam tape off the inside of the battery door.
    Doesn't work with 2600 ext. cover as it has no foam or anything between battery and cover.
    07-16-08 06:33 PM
    that helped a lil
    07-16-08 07:28 PM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD