Is your battery cover slightly moved up because of the Seidio battery. I find it annoying because the battery cover does not feel smooth to the phone.
    07-16-08 09:22 PM
    TechSupport@Seidio.com

I would email seidio about the issue.

All Seidio products are warranted against defective materials or workmanship for 180 days from date of purchase (90 days for retractable product). Buyer must provide original receipt or proof of purchase for warranty claim.
    07-16-08 09:29 PM
    Is your battery cover slightly moved up because of the Seidio battery. I find it annoying because the battery cover does not feel smooth to the phone.
    It wont be. Seidios OEM sized extended battery for the Pearl does not allow the battery door to sit completely flush. many people have said it actually makes the phone feel sturdier; but I dont know so cant confirm.

There's a gazillion post here about that battery. You'll find that its gotten a lot of favorable reviews in spite of the fit.
    07-16-08 09:34 PM
    Is it true that they don't last as long as compared to the Blackberry OEM batteries in terms of how long the battery works for? An example of this the amount of charge cycles it can hold.
    07-16-08 09:37 PM
    TechSupport@Seidio.com

I would email seidio about the issue.

All Seidio products are warranted against defective materials or workmanship for 180 days from date of purchase (90 days for retractable product). Buyer must provide original receipt or proof of purchase for warranty claim.
    I know it's not a defect. It's a mistake on Seidio's part because they say it's the same size as the OEM. It's not actually though, it's slightly bigger.
    07-16-08 09:38 PM
    I'd still contact them. It doesn't fit right, and it should. To me, that's a defect.
    07-16-08 09:39 PM
    No pain, no gain.

The extended is the same. As mentioned in CB

Definitely a distraction when you're running your fingers over your Precious.

Otterbox. Problem solved.

Not really a proper solution to your plight, but I feel your pain.
    07-16-08 09:41 PM
    No pain, no gain.

The extended is the same. As mentioned in CB

Definitely a distraction when you're running your fingers over your Precious.

Otterbox. Problem solved.

Not really a proper solution to your plight, but I feel your pain.
    You have this problem to? Did your battery start to last longer after charging cycles. I contacted Seidio and complained. I know they had this problem with the Curve and they addressed this issue by making a battery cover that is perfect but it is black and it's rubber with the logo Seidio. The least they can do is make one that fits that is black. At this point I would not mind them making one for me and giving it to me for free since it's their fault! Guys, help me by posting in this thread so I can get Seidio to read it and take action. They totally lie in the description by saying it's the same size as the OEM.
    Last edited by BlackberryB; 07-16-08 at 09:49 PM.
    07-16-08 09:46 PM
    I have this battery. It is a little bit thicker than the regular battery. But because of this, there is less play in the battery cover and it does make the phone feel more solid.
    07-16-08 10:20 PM
    mine protudes a bit too. i keep a silicone skin over it so it doesn't bother me too bad though. but if i didn't have something over it, it would drive me bonkers. (i am ocd about my phone, lol.)

i haven't noticed that much more life with it though unfortunately. I have had it a couple weeks and i still have to charge it nightly most days.
    07-17-08 12:35 AM
    mine protudes a bit too. i keep a silicone skin over it so it doesn't bother me too bad though. but if i didn't have something over it, it would drive me bonkers. (i am ocd about my phone, lol.)

i haven't noticed that much more life with it though unfortunately. I have had it a couple weeks and i still have to charge it nightly most days.
    The battery lasts longer for me I think... Seidio needs to get their act together. I emailed them and I am waiting for a reply.
    07-17-08 07:20 AM
    I sent an email to forum@seidio.com

This issue should be known. They state in there ad that it's the same size as the OEM and it's not!
    07-17-08 07:44 AM
    I will keep you guys updated on this matter.
    07-17-08 08:00 AM
    Firfghtr, how long does your battery last?
    07-17-08 10:40 AM
    I guess the best answer is depends.

Out of town, 30 miles from the nearest cell tower, I would need a car battery to get through the day.

Right now I have it set to turn off between 1:00am and 6:00am. After 2 days, checking emails, browsing, CB, a few calls and sms and with Viigo and Weather Eye running in the background updating every hour I was down to 50%

It's hard to judge. Between using the holster and not really knowing how much time that is actually spent CBing, reading Viigo are just goofing around with the calendar and stuff.

Sorry I can't be of more help.
    07-17-08 10:53 AM
    Is this the way a customer gets treated? I emailed them and this is what they replied:

I’m sorry you’re disappointed with your Seidio battery. Because we always try to maximize our capacity in the given space, there are times when the battery will be a bit more snug than the original. If you’re unhappy with your purchase, please contact your vendor for a refund.
    They state on there product that it is the SAME size! That is false advertising! What do you think I should do? On top of that they won't even give ME a refund, I have to go to my vender who won't give refunds!
    07-17-08 12:01 PM
    UNBELIEVABLE. They ask me for a receipt from the reseller and I give it. They then contact the reseller saying I have a problem with it as if it's their fault! DO NOT buy from Seidio. They don't stand by there products at all!
    07-17-08 12:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD