12-19-09 09:55 PM
35 12
tools
    Anyone using the seidio 2700mAH extended battery? It comes with a replacement battery cover that is extended. I have no complaints about the factory battery, it is great and lasts for a while but I do wish the phone was alittle thicker for my liking.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-05-09 05:12 AM
    so try the seidio on lol its only 4-5 mm thicker, get it and give it a whirl and let us know!
    12-05-09 06:08 AM
    the battery should last you a week in that extended battery !
    12-05-09 06:43 AM
    i have thought about it, the only thing that is stopping me is that it really limits me on what case and holster that I can use...
    12-05-09 07:11 AM
    I used those (Seidio) extended batteries on my 8703, 8330, 8900, and now just ordered yesterday for my Bold 9700.

My 8703, 8330 would last literally from Monday morning until Friday evening or Saturday morning with moderate usage. The 8900 (with WiFi on) would last from Monday morning until about Thursday evening.

I'm curious to see how long my Bold 9700 (with 3G, which kills battery quicker) will last. I'm hoping at least three days. We'll see.

Also, I always liked the extended size personally. It gave the phone a heavier more substantial feel in my hand and fit quite nicely.
    12-05-09 07:13 AM
    I'm guessing I couldn't use a hard case or clip holster with this battery? I will order this by next friday and see if I like the feel of it with the thicker battery and back cover.

12-05-09 07:14 AM
    Please post results when you get a chance I would love to know as I am considering buying one myself. Thanks!

Mike

12-05-09 03:45 PM
    i have thought about it, the only thing that is stopping me is that it really limits me on what case and holster that I can use...
    Seidio Holster will work with this battery. Seidio is also developing a case (Innocase 2) that can work with this battery.

Seidio
    12-05-09 11:33 PM
    I imagine that the 4-5mm additional thickness would make a big difference... I am sure that it would very different in the hand and also make the phone feel much heavier.... I am very ocd about these kinds of things, would love to here some reviews....

12-06-09 12:30 AM
    I used those (Seidio) extended batteries on my 8703, 8330, 8900, and now just ordered yesterday for my Bold 9700.

My 8703, 8330 would last literally from Monday morning until Friday evening or Saturday morning with moderate usage. The 8900 (with WiFi on) would last from Monday morning until about Thursday evening.

I'm curious to see how long my Bold 9700 (with 3G, which kills battery quicker) will last. I'm hoping at least three days. We'll see.

Also, I always liked the extended size personally. It gave the phone a heavier more substantial feel in my hand and fit quite nicely.
    I can get almost 3 full days of normal usage with the normal battery w/ 3G and WiFi on the whole time.
    12-06-09 02:18 AM
    Seidio Holster will work with this battery. Seidio is also developing a case (Innocase 2) that can work with this battery.

Seidio
    That's great news! buying a hardcase to fit the battery was my only concern.

12-06-09 04:46 AM
    Point of clarification. Seidio is working on a variant of the Innocase II which is already available?
    12-06-09 08:54 AM
    Yes, a variant to fit the larger innocell battery.

12-06-09 05:10 PM
    If you go to the Sedio website they have a great selection of cases and holsters for everything
    12-06-09 05:58 PM
    If you go to the Sedio website they have a great selection of cases and holsters for everything
    I'm wondering when a smartphone maker is just going to contract Seidio to make their OEM batteries, or if someone already has. I had a big one in my Moto Q, and also an extended life battery that was OEM size, and both were fantastic in that CDMA battery hog of a phone.
    12-06-09 07:52 PM
    Point of clarification. Seidio is working on a variant of the Innocase II which is already available?
    Our regular Innocase 2 will not work with this battery. But we are developing an extended Innocase 2 that can work with this battery. Seidio plans to develop the following for this battery

1) extended Innocase 2
    2) Desktop cradle

Our Holster will work with this battery.

Seidio
    12-06-09 11:10 PM
    Can't wait to see the new case!

12-07-09 06:14 AM
    Why not just drop your phone in the charging pod every night while you are sleeping?

You people do sleep, don't you?
    12-07-09 06:31 AM
    Getting this battery is ridiculous and a waste of money when you can just try charge your batter at night time. Not only does it make your phone look huge, its very expensive. I also don't recommend purchasing from Seidio, they have very poor customer service and when describing there products on there website are dishonest.
    12-07-09 05:04 PM
    Getting this battery is ridiculous and a waste of money when you can just try charge your batter at night time. Not only does it make your phone look huge, its very expensive. I also don't recommend purchasing from Seidio, they have very poor customer service and when describing there products on there website are dishonest.
    Seidio makes the best quality Blackberry accessories on the market without question...I've never had a holster or clip break and everything that I have ever purchased from them has far exceeded any other OEM or aftermarket product...I don't agree with this comment at all...From design, ergonomics, quality and durability Seidio is unmatched

12-07-09 06:08 PM
    I have never had any issues with Seidio either. I have bought at least 6 cases from them and had a good experience with all of them.

I am looking into getting this battery, but I am tossing around just getting the other model that has extended life, but still fits with the oem back cover.
    Innocell 1650mAh Extended Life Battery
    12-07-09 06:29 PM
    I have only had great experiences with Seidio and their products! Great customer service and the best BlackBerry quality accessories out there!
    12-07-09 06:37 PM
    I have only had great experiences with Seidio and their products! Great customer service and the best BlackBerry quality accessories out there!
    Then you havn't used many cases.. I have a Seidio 360 which was crap... The Seidio Innocase 2 doesn't look special. There batteries are good, but I still wouldn't buy them for the prices they charge.
    Last edited by BlackberryB; 12-07-09 at 07:10 PM.
    12-07-09 07:06 PM
    Then you havn't used many cases.. I have a Seidio 360 which was crap... The Seidio Innocase 2 doesn't look special. There batteries are good, but I still wouldn't buy them for the prices they charge.
    Can't agree. I have had several of their cases and batterys and am totaly satisfied. I got the extended battery for my 9000 because the stock battery didn't last all day when traveling in Brazil, the extended made it through the day with some time to spare.

Never had an instance to use their customer service, everything has been fine.

I ordered the extended battery for the 9700. The door is a little harder to get on right, but once on it fits fine. I haven't traveled internationaly since getting it but I'm sure I won't be disappointed.
    12-07-09 07:45 PM
    Can't agree. I have had several of their cases and batterys and am totaly satisfied. I got the extended battery for my 9000 because the stock battery didn't last all day when traveling in Brazil, the extended made it through the day with some time to spare.

Never had an instance to use their customer service, everything has been fine.

I ordered the extended battery for the 9700. The door is a little harder to get on right, but once on it fits fine. I haven't traveled internationaly since getting it but I'm sure I won't be disappointed.
    I am not disagreeing.. There batteries are very good, I don't like there cases nor there customer support but that varies on the customers experience.
    12-07-09 07:48 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD