Just got a 9650 to replace my 8530 after Verizon offered an early upgrade.

My 8530 is covered with the SEIDIO INNOCASE SURFACE and I love it. Its exactly what I like in a hard case.

So here i my question. Is the same case for the 9650 really bad?

I ask because the reviews on this site are horrible. but, it looks the same as the case for the 8530 and I'm not looking for anything more then the same...there were some bad reviews for the 8530 version too.

Anyone using this SEIDIO for the 9650?

What are my alternatives for hard shell cases, that cover the ear-piece, and if possible, use the bar through the middle to separate the keys from the screen?? The bar is just something I love, i don't know why but its my taste and this bar makes the case.

Any good hard shell ideas will be considered, but I really want to hear good things about the innocase surface.
    11-26-10 02:43 PM
    I have been using it for months without much trouble. It seems like (at least from the reviews on Crackberry) it doesn't get along well with the holster. I don't use a holster, and the case has been just fine.. My 2 cents.
    11-26-10 04:48 PM
    Makes sense, Ive been reading reviews on the 9650 Verizon and noticed it comes with the holster.

I bet people are thinking they'll use the holster with the case and that doesn't work well...

This feedback is good, I think i'll order the case, I def don't need to use and won't use the holster.

Anyone more info is appreciated. Thanks guys.
    11-26-10 04:54 PM
    I would order it thru amazon to save money.

I bought 2 of these cases and would not buy another. The clips that hold it together break off and then it won't keeps falling off. I did use mine with the clip and that does cause a strain on the plastic.
    11-27-10 02:31 PM
    I just picked up a 9630 Platinum case/holster combo at Best Buy on closeout for $8.00. I used a utility knife with a fresh blade to shave off a little bit of the case near the USB port. I little of the speaker is covered on the left side, but that doesn't seem critical. It looks like a Seidio knock-off, but it doesn't say it anywhere on the packaging. On the instructions it references Seidio's website for warranty information. Interesting

Just to add on to that, the only thing I don't like about this case amd its been a problem with other cases is that it comes in a little close on the sides and bottom of the keyboard. I find that mostly with the left ALT, A and P keys and the space bar. Its not as bad as it was on my 8330 and I think I'll keep it a while. Just throwing it out there. $8 for. $40 case is worth that little problem.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by FirePsych; 12-01-10 at 01:50 PM. Reason: Removed bad link. Added information
    11-27-10 11:32 PM
    your link to a thread points to the entire 9650 forum. I'd like to read about your issues with the case.

What is the correct URL?
    11-29-10 08:48 AM
    I've had the Innocase Surface for months now and have removed it quite a few times and no problems! I also use my BB OEM leather holster, it's a bit snug but works fiine for me!
    11-29-10 02:30 PM
    your link to a thread points to the entire 9650 forum. I'd like to read about your issues with the case.

What is the correct URL?
    Yep. Sorry about that. The paragraph below the link is what I posted in the other thread.

Just to add on to that, the only thing I don't like about this case amd its been a problem with other cases is that it comes in a little close on the sides and bottom of the keyboard. I find that mostly with the left ALT, A and P keys and the space bar. Its not as bad as it was on my 8330 and I think I'll keep it a while. Just throwing it out there. $8 for. $40 case is worth that little problem.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-01-10 12:36 PM
    Hello,

The Innocase II Surface from Seidio or PT Series from Best Buy is a bit different than the 9650 so you notice a bit a fit difference (USB location). But other than that, we haven't really had issue about people complaining about our cases or holsters working well with their device.

A tip for buying at Best Buy, you can tell who makes the case from the PT series if you look at the bottom label. All cases produced by Seidio will say so on the bottom!

Regards,
    12-02-10 06:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD