Anyone have the Seidio innocase for the 9800? I want their holster, but am torn on the Innocase. I've read comments about it not staying on a slide phone well and this has me concerns. Anyone got it and using it yet?
    11-03-10 06:11 PM
    Mine is being shipped right now. I will post a review and some pics when I get it. I have heard the same about several makers of cases. I am very curious to see how it works. Otterbox posted on their website that it comes down to the devices having different sizes.....hmmmm.
    11-03-10 06:17 PM
    Thanks Zach. My Torch is shipping tomorrow (corporate deal). I'm trying to get my ducks lined up.
    I may just go with a screen shield (invisible shield or the like), the Seidio holster so I can use the bedside cradle.
    Hopefully someone else will chime in.
    11-03-10 06:21 PM
    Glad to help. I was suprised at the lack of cases made for the device. I guess nobody wants in on the slider issue!
    11-03-10 06:23 PM
    I will say the Innocase is great and I have not experiencced any problems with the slider cover coming off. Just the other day I dropped my phone onto a tiled floor and to my suprise nothing popped off.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

11-03-10 06:53 PM
    Glad to help. I was suprised at the lack of cases made for the device. I guess nobody wants in on the slider issue!
    Yeah it's a harder design and less profitable.
    11-03-10 06:58 PM
    That makes sense Papped. Good to hear that it survived a fall on tile!
    11-03-10 07:09 PM
    I will wait for the review. For now, mine is still going commando like my 9700 and 9000.
    11-03-10 07:40 PM
    I broke down and had to order the screen protectors off ebay!
    11-03-10 08:03 PM
    I had, one of those snap on cases like the seido and it just broke on the slider part. I have the dock craddle so I have to take both parts of the case off everytime I want to charge or sync because it wont fit with the case on. So annoying...I think I have no real alternative to protecting the phone because there isn't a well made case that I can use and I hate to keep buying crap cases that will just break. There isnt much holding onto the phone and wears out and breaks quick.

Anybody have the same issues, suggestions or solutions??????
    What is everyone using and with what charging methods?
    11-03-10 09:17 PM
    IMO, Seidio highly overcharge for their products. Secondly, their overseas shipping is a scam. They don't ship USPS, only Fedex. Shipping for a $29 Innocase to India is $38.
    Their products are not bad, but at these costs, sheeesh!
    11-04-10 12:02 AM
    Anyone have the Seidio innocase for the 9800? I want their holster, but am torn on the Innocase. I've read comments about it not staying on a slide phone well and this has me concerns. Anyone got it and using it yet?
    It didn't take much for Barely There and Otterbox slider pieces to break on mine. Seidio case/holster has held up the longest so far.

11-04-10 03:51 AM
    I have tried the invisible shield, the case mate barely there and the seidio innocase.
    I prefer the seidio innocase of the 3 options, because I can still access the 4 main keys easily and the front piece of the cover stays on, also the grip feels better to me.
    With the case mate the front cover keeps coming off and the main key access is a bit awkward if you have big fingers like i do - you kind of need to do an up and over type of movement to get your fingers over the ridge.
    The invisible shield sucked big time, i spend ages trying to get it as smooth as, but still had the orange peel effect and it started coming of the edges pretty quickly.
    11-04-10 06:22 AM
    I took some quick photos this morning of my new Seidio Innocase w/holster! Already I like it! It has the holster, which puts the phone into battery saver mode when holstered. Plus the top piece got rid of my wobble when the slide is closed and you are typing on the touch screen part.

I will use it for a few days and post a seperate review in the 9800 section. The screen and physical keyboard are all operational and are not blocked by the case. Let me know if I can answer any questions while I try this out!
    11-04-10 10:51 AM
    IS always has orange peel. You have to get a different skin that doesn't. Phantomskinz is one example

11-04-10 11:14 AM
    Have had my Seidio with clip for about a week and it's working well. I'd say the top piece will hold up as well or better as far as the popping off thing goes. It attaches at 6 points where as the Otter box only attached at 2 points. Haven't dropped mine yet so I don't have any experience. When I dropped my otterbox the top piece came flying off.

I'm partial to Seidio because of the slight rubbery grip of their products. Had the same set up on my other BB and like it so I'm happy to have it on the Torch. Doesn't seem to add much bulk to phone and it's almost like a dark carbon black color which is kind of cool. I'm hoping they come out with their "innodock" for the 9800. Sure would be nice to dock the phone on my nightstand like I was able to do on my old BB.

All in all I'm happy with my innocase.

If you order from their website, make sure you find the bundle if you are getting the clip other wise you pay full price for both.

Roveer
    11-04-10 11:52 AM
    That is good to hear! I like having the combo as well! It shows on the Seidio website that they are designing more products. So hopefully the dock will be one also!
    11-04-10 12:33 PM
    Let me know if I can answer any questions while I try this out!
    Zach,
    Can you give thickness with the Innocase and the 9800? Wonder if it's still pocket-able in non-baggy jeans.

Thanks
    Scott
    11-04-10 12:49 PM
    My torch is currently going comando except for a screen protector. I forgot what it's called but it's the one that you use the liquid to put on. No bubbles and I've had it on for about 2 weeks and it's not coming off any time soon. Besides that I use the belt holster from blackberry and don't have any problems.

11-04-10 01:23 PM
    I have an old ruler with me. I would guess that it is about 3/4 of an inch thick with the Seidio Innocase on. Blackberry listed the torch at .57 of an inch thick on their website. So it doesn't add too much thickness.

Zach,
    Can you give thickness with the Innocase and the 9800? Wonder if it's still pocket-able in non-baggy jeans.

Thanks
    Scott
    11-04-10 06:23 PM
    Someone needs to make a case that is ultra thin around the bezel below the trackpad, or maybe doesn't even cover it...

Otherwise it interferes with the keyboard top row a bit.
    11-04-10 06:25 PM
    I was just looking at my Seidio case and it would prove fun to try to make a top bezel of the case. Just in trying to secure it to the top slider!
    11-04-10 07:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD