05-10-09 05:18 AM
48 12
tools
    Alright, just got the feather in the mail and thought I'd do a comparison:

The feather obviously doesn't offer as much protection as the innocase, but IMHO fits better/feels more solid. The siderails on the feather dont come as high up on the sides of the phone, making it a bit easier to hit the keys on the edges. The innocase isn't that bad either, but typing on the feather is a bit easier. The top of the phone is left exposed in the feather, while somewhat covered with the innocase. The feather exposes more of the bezel than the innocase as well, so a plus if you swapped bezels. Removing the cases, the innocase wins. The feather is a bit more harder to remove, but still pretty easy.. I actually have more trouble putting the case on than taking it off. Case thickness is about the same. Innocase has the ability to use the seidio dock, while with the feather I have to remove it to use a dock... I've just decided to go naked until they release a feather I can use with the seidio dock, lol. If anyone else has any questions feel free to ask!
    05-01-09 04:10 AM
    Nice! I have been eyeing the feather since the Innocase killed my bezel... It's hard to tell exactly how high up on the sides it comes... Can you get a close-up of the front view of the feather... Hoping it can cover up my Seidio Scuff... :P
    05-01-09 04:48 AM
    I put the feather on my GF's phone (she has the chrome bezel) so it's easier for you to compare. There is a scuff showing, probably the same scuff as yours, so it probably doesn't hide it. Sorry man.
    05-01-09 05:04 AM
    Oh daymn... Is that from an Innocase also? I ordered the Incipio right now after seeing your post... Thanks for helping a brotha out with the updated pic...
    05-01-09 05:11 AM
    Lol yup. I don't mind the scuff.. I'll just change the bezel later if I have to.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-01-09 05:15 AM
    Feather all the way!
    05-01-09 08:07 AM
    Thank you so much for posting the comparison pics. I was wondering which one to order and opted for the feather which I ordered on Monday. Of course, after I ordered I saw all the post about the Innocase causing harm to the BB! Which I was glad I had not ordered. Now after seeing the comparision I'm even more happy with my choice. I like the way the Feather looks more so than the Innocase. Hopefully, it fits despite the fact I have a Bodyguardz on it right now.
    05-01-09 10:53 AM
    My innocase didnt scuff my 8900. I also trust their products more as all my other bbs were protected by innocase. Sounds like people were just rough housing with it cause I take my 8900 out of the case from time to time to clean it up.
    05-01-09 10:55 AM
    I would go for the feather except for the fact that it doesn't cover the top of the 8900 at all. With my luck, that top front area would be exactly where it hit if I dropped it, and what point is having a case on if it doesn't offer full protection. I also don't like the way the chrome bezel looks with so much of it showing (it looks good with the black bezel in the pics above, but not so much with the chrome). But I do like the all-in-one aspect. How do those of you that have it feel about the protection? Does it have any type of lining to protect against scratches?
    05-01-09 11:45 AM
    How is the grip on it? Is it similar to the innocase II or is it a little more tackier

05-01-09 01:12 PM
    ...... Innocase has the ability to use the seidio dock, while with the feather I have to remove it to use a dock... I've just decided to go naked until they release a feather I can use with the seidio dock, lol.
    I prefer charging my 8900 via the charging port at the back rather than using the microUSB port. The microUSB port is so tiny that frequent charging or sync may cause damage to it. (I use bluetooth to sync, seidiodock to charge via the charging port at the back)

If incipio opens the charging port at the back, I may consider using it and the seidiodock... too bad they didn't.

Does taking off or putting on the incipio case cause scratch as well? Does it make a tight contact during taking off or putting on process with the chrome bezel?
    05-01-09 01:51 PM
    Fyb27-no problem. I like the way the feather looks over the innocase too!

Raylol16-nah, the chrome on the 8900 isn't very durable at all. I'm sure after time, any innocase user will experience the scuffed chrome.

Gritstinct-yes, this is what I was worried about as well, but I figure anything is better than going naked. Protection-wise, it exposes more than the innocase, but is about the same thickness. There is no felt lining like in the innocase on the feather.

Dirtybird072-it's about the same as the innocase.

Gomanka-so do I. I've decided to put the feather on when I go out, and take it off while I'm at home. Incipio put the holes for the charging contacts on the storm version of the feather, but not for the 8900, go figure the feather is a bit tight going on, but I didn't scratch anything putting it on.

05-01-09 03:58 PM
    Thanks. I've been trying to decide if I want to buy the feather or the silicrylic. I'm so torn

05-01-09 04:34 PM
    The silicrylic looks like it offers much more protection than the feather, I was looking at that as well..

05-01-09 04:41 PM
    I was looking for a little more grip. I like the looks of the red feather. I got till payday to decide what I'm going to do
    05-01-09 04:45 PM
    actually what's the point for the case now?? to protect the phone or just change the color of the phone?? The feather has the least plastic among all cases. Basically, it can only cover the back and the sides, what about the front?? But people seems liking the feather so much.

I'm confused...
    05-01-09 04:55 PM
    Well, anything is better than going naked right? Some just prefer the feather over other cases, different strokes for different folks.

05-01-09 04:58 PM
    Feather is sleek, but I'd feel more comfortable going out with the BB in the Innocase because if I did drop it *knocks on wood*, it'd be much more protected.
    05-01-09 04:59 PM
    Well, anything is better than going naked right? Some just prefer the feather over other cases, different strokes for different folks.

In this case, I will prefer the BSE which still can give the original look of the phone and have the full coverage. However, I don't want my chrome being peel off when I decided to take the BSE off...
    Last edited by wrxm33; 05-01-09 at 05:05 PM.
    05-01-09 05:00 PM
    actually what's the point for the case now?? to protect the phone or just change the color of the phone?? The feather has the least plastic among all cases. Basically, it can only cover the back and the sides, what about the front?? But people seems liking the feather so much.

I'm confused...
    For myself, I'm mainly concerned with the backside... I like to set it down on my desk, center console of my car, on the table when I'm eating (sometimes) on my night stand, etc... I don't care for the way bare plastic feels when I place it on a hard surface... I feel as if I am putting all these scratches on my phone... I am also "somewhat" concerned about the corners if I drop it... In my 20 or so cellphone years, I have not had a need for "drop protection" knock on wood... Covering the front, eh, that's something I can live without... At some point for myself, there is a line between being protected and impacting usability and appearance... The Innocase was bordering on being shelved simply on the look of the top and the back, but the usability was excellent... I can't knock how it functions with the phone... To me, the Incipio Feather looks really good... If it looks as good in person as it does in the pics, it has to be the sexiest case out... I guess not everyone needs Otterbox protection...
    05-01-09 07:57 PM
    I've been debating between the Innocase and this in white and I think I might just get this, simply because I don't use a charging dock (I may sooner or later) and I've used an innocase and it was just bulky and I couldn't type on it.

I dropped my phone for the first time last night, and it made a mark on the lower left hand corner where the bezel and the screen meet. So I may just go with this.

Thanks again
    05-01-09 10:02 PM
    I placed my order for the Incipio Feather at around 2:00am on Friday Morning... About 10:00am the same day I received both an order confirmation and shipping confirmation minutes after... It arrived this morning (Sat)! That is some serious fast moving on Incipio's part... Impressive...

The case fits very nicely... Tight, but not impossible to get on... I was NOT in fear of inflicting any damage during the process... Once installed, it has no movement what so ever... I was somewhat concerned of the protection of the physical corners of my 8900, as I think if there is a spot which will take the hardest impact, it will be on the bottom corners of the unit... (More specifically, I think damage in this area will be the most obvious) I was pleased to see due to the design of the Feather, it does indeed cover the corners... It comes slightly over the front face, but the corners themselves are recessed into the case... The top front corners are left in the open though... The finish seems the same as it's competitor and I noticed has less flaws in the application...

They also include with it, a screen protector and cleaning cloth! So what is already a decent price gets even better if you're shopping for both a case AND screen protector..

Initial impression: Very pleased... As seen in all the cases availible, they all have their weaknesses... Other than the exposed front corners, and lack of a cut out to use a charging cradle (if you use one... I don't), the execution of the Incipio Feather is a winner... The look and feel get a 10/10 in my book...

I'd also add with the Incipio Feather, you can actually use a lanyard if you're the type to use one (I do, don't ask why)... With the competitor's case, I had to rig it so I could use one... With the Feather, you can use it as it was intended... Another Plus for some people...
    Last edited by Risingsun124; 05-02-09 at 04:12 PM.
    05-02-09 04:03 PM
    I placed my order for the Incipio Feather at around 2:00am on Friday Morning... About 10:00am the same day I received both an order confirmation and shipping confirmation minutes after... It arrived this morning (Sat)! That is some serious fast moving on Incipio's part... Impressive...
    WOW thats super-shipment! You paid the first-class Priority packages for overnight, don't you??
    05-02-09 05:27 PM
    WOW thats super-shipment! You paid the first-class Priority packages for overnight, don't you??
    Nope! Standard Economy USPS Shipping... That was actually free, and I used a coupon code I found on another thread for $4.00 off... Not a bad deal at all... They are located in So. Cal. like me, so I figured since the weekend was coming it'd be early next week... What a surprise when they got it out so fast... It's amazing cause even if they open early, 8:00am, they still processed and got it out in a couple hours... Even faster if they open at 10:00am ...
    05-02-09 06:02 PM
    Nope! Standard Economy USPS Shipping... That was actually free, and I used a coupon code I found on another thread for $4.00 off... Not a bad deal at all... They are located in So. Cal. like me, so I figured since the weekend was coming it'd be early next week... What a surprise when they got it out so fast... It's amazing cause even if they open early, 8:00am, they still processed and got it out in a couple hours... Even faster if they open at 10:00am ...
    Yeah I get it.. I knew, knew that factory/ store business is near by your location, that how you got one for overnight.. you lucky! ha .. I asking you, do you using BSE for your 8900? I just curious..
    05-02-09 09:44 PM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD