07-15-09 04:10 AM
174 ... 567
tools
    I just received my Innocase II today and I m pleased with it. It doesn't stretch out or slide on the phone nor does it get dusty or full of lent. There wasn't much bulk added to my phone and access to the buttons all around is fine. It is also very secure and I haven't yet tried to take it off but I'm sure I can manage.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-31-09 07:09 PM
    I actually received my Seidio combo package today, an Innocase II and a Seidio leather holster. The Innocase II fits perfectly and I love it but the jury is still deciding over the leather holster. It seems to have excessive extra room (which isn't necessarily bad since you don't have to dig too much to get your phone out.) There's about 3/4 of an inch of total gap from corner to corner. I also noticed that it only goes into sleep mode when you put the phone in the holster facing towards you. I'm not sure if it's supposed to be like that but that's the way it is for me.
    03-31-09 09:10 PM
    I think the extra space is so you can get then phone out!!! My finger fits perfectly even if I do hit the lock key sometimes.

03-31-09 09:13 PM
    I think the extra space is so you can get then phone out!!! My finger fits perfectly even if I do hit the lock key sometimes.

Are you noticing that the leather holster only sends your phone into lock mode when you insert it facing towards you? Just wondering if that's normal. I just tested it again and had it sitting facing out for 30 minutes and it still wasn't locked. I insert it facing towards me and 5 seconds later it's locked.

EDIT..and yea, I like the extra space...makes it easy to remove your phone.
    03-31-09 09:17 PM
    I never reall noticed.... I guess by habit i keep it facing in. I thought it worked when it was outward as well... I will test it later at home I have the clip case with me today!
    04-01-09 06:40 AM
    Just got the case/clip combo today. The case adds just enough bulk so the phone no longer feels delicate. I'm having a few more typing errors while adjusting. I removed the decalgirl skin before putting the case on and to my horror found a small fleck of chrome paint came off the bezel too so that was a lesson learned. The case covers it up pretty well.
    I'll test out the clip holster at work tonight.

04-02-09 05:52 PM
    Just checked Sedio website for the 8900 - 'Coming Soon'!

They've changed the design to a snap on top to bottom rather than 2 sides, looks great!

I'm wondering if the Red is the same as the Burgundy...

Now all we need is a special CB discount...

They now call it burgundy, which is correct.
    04-02-09 06:01 PM
    i JUST got my case. pink! looks amazinggg!! like metallicy pink!!! better looking than pictured! and fits into the new sedio charger that js came out!
    04-02-09 06:11 PM
    Best case ever.

That space is definitely there so that you can remove the phone easily, or else your fingers wouldn't fit in the case to remove the phone.

04-02-09 06:27 PM
    Has anyone from Canada ordered this case? Is it worth the $50? it cost to purchase and ship here?
    04-02-09 07:36 PM
    I wish I had such great reviews for it.

My biggest gripe is that it scratched my bezel in two areas on the bottom left and right of the phone. Battery pulls are less convenient with the case since you have to detach it and all, and very gently pull the case off the phone so that you don't scratch the bezel. Also, I don't like how it's designed on the top, just looks tacky.

Feels great though and is very sturdy. But I advise you to be extremely gentle if you find yourself removing the case for whatever reason. I've heard of more than a few cases in which the case has scratched other users' 8900s.

So I'm sticking with the OEM silicone case for now. Stopped gathering lint after the first few days and feels just as good in the hand as the Innocase II. Not to mention, they're like $1.50 on Bargaincell.com.
    04-02-09 10:16 PM
    I wish I had such great reviews for it.

My biggest gripe is that it scratched my bezel in two areas on the bottom left and right of the phone. Battery pulls are less convenient with the case since you have to detach it and all, and very gently pull the case off the phone so that you don't scratch the bezel. Also, I don't like how it's designed on the top, just looks tacky.

Feels great though and is very sturdy. But I advise you to be extremely gentle if you find yourself removing the case for whatever reason. I've heard of more than a few cases in which the case has scratched other users' 8900s.

So I'm sticking with the OEM silicone case for now. Stopped gathering lint after the first few days and feels just as good in the hand as the Innocase II. Not to mention, they're like $1.50 on Bargaincell.com.
    Do you think it was caused by constantly taking the bottom off, or just the fact that the design is basically felt on the back side, and hard plastic contacting the bezel? I just picked one up yesterday, and as I was looking at exactly how it fits last night, I became concerned about this very thing... I checked online today, and I found your post... I'm even more concerned now since preventing scratches is why I have it to begin with...
    04-03-09 07:52 PM
    Have many people run into this issue?

I don't like the idea of buying a case that scratches/damages the phone it is protecting.
    04-04-09 08:56 PM
    I have this case ever since it came out and I have done 50+ battery pulls when taking off the case and not one scratch to my bezel at all.

04-04-09 09:04 PM
    same, i also broke my case still isnt scratching it yet but waiting for my replacement nice @$$ case.
    04-05-09 04:00 AM
    Has anyone from Canada ordered this case? Is it worth the $50? it cost to purchase and ship here?
    Nope! Once crosses the border it no longer protects the phone.
    Its only worth the 50 dollars it costs to buy and ship to the US, no canadians allowed!

Sorry to pick on you dude but smart@$$ is my default position.

04-05-09 05:21 AM
    same, i also broke my case still isnt scratching it yet but waiting for my replacement nice @$$ case.
    This does make me feel a whole lot better... Thanks...
    04-05-09 12:48 PM
    Got mine today......sweet case way better then that silicone skin

04-06-09 05:48 PM
    Was waiting to get stared on a job today with nothing to do, so I decided to measure the OEM Silicone Gel Skin compared to the Seidio Innocase II... I had been wondering before purchasing how it would compare... Since people's opinons vary, I felt hard numbers would make it easier to decide if it will be too bulky or about the same...

Results:
    OEM Silicone Gel Skin
    Overall Length - 4.388" / 111.455mm
    Width - 2.482" / 63.043mm
    Thickness - 0.618" / 15.697mm (Taken at middle edge of screen)

Seidio Innocase II
    Overall Length - 4.414" / 112.116mm
    Width - 2.474" / 62.840mm
    Thickness - 0.632" / 16.053 (Taken at middle edge of screen)

Overall Length - Seidio Innocase II is 0.026" / .66mm longer
    Width - Seidio Innocase II is 0.008" / .203mm NARROWER
    Thickness - Seidio Innocase II is 0.014" / 0.356mm Thicker

The greatest difference is in the length at just over half a millimeter... Not much at all...

The numbers are slightly off since I put a thin layer of tape on my calipers as to not scratch the finish of the phone or case, but for comparison purposes it's about as close as one can get... I took the measurements of the Silicone Gel Skin at the surface, as compressing it would yield very different, but inaccurate results...
    04-06-09 06:22 PM
    I have a question. Looking at the picture above.. Does the zagg invishield fit under the Innocase II?

What is your recommendation for protecting the camera lens and flash?
    07-13-09 10:53 AM
    Are there any distributors in the UK for this?
    07-13-09 11:56 AM
    I have a question. Looking at the picture above.. Does the zagg invishield fit under the Innocase II?

What is your recommendation for protecting the camera lens and flash?
    No, it does not. The only thing that fits with the Innocase II is the screen protector part of the shield. I guess you can try to put the camera lens part if you purchase the entire shield but I don't think it will work.
    07-13-09 12:49 PM
    will the cover for the camera lens come off if i put the invisishield on top? and then take it off? how will it affect the camera quality?
    07-14-09 10:52 PM
    I received mine about 2 weeks ago and it is very definitely worth the money. I purchased the case/clip combo and it beats everything else, hands down. I also purchased the corresponding desktop charger since I did not like having to pull off the bottom of the case to place the device in the OEM charger. Of course, you could always just use the travel charger but I prefer the standup.
    Most definitely worth the asking price.
    07-15-09 04:10 AM
174 ... 567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD