03-29-09 08:15 PM
32 12
tools
    I received my Innocase I with snap-in holster combo yesterday. It replaces the leather holster (pouch) I bought for my Storm when I made the original purchase at Verizon but returned it b/c:
    1) It was kind of big & bulky
    2) Offered no protection for the Storm in case I dropped it out of the holster.
    3) Couldn't keep the Storm in the holster and charge it at the same time. There are no holes for any of the ports.

Back to the Innocase I review. It took me a long time to decide between the version I and the vII. I wanted full protection around all ends of it so I decided on the vI. If there was a survey of "Initial Quality" I would give it high marks for fit and finish. The rubber surface is almost like velvet. For anyone who likes to keep their Storm naked b/c they like how it looks that way, that's fine but it loses no look of quality when placed in this case. IMHO, I think it looks very classy in the Innocase I.

The lighting in my shot may not do it justice. I ordered the black case and it looks VERY black, a nice matte finish, not so gray as it looks in my bright light situation.

I've heard some bad, but mostly good about these cases from ppl on here, the bad being about how they come apart and won't go back together, lousy cs from Seidio, or great cs depending on ur experience, etc. I guess we'll see how it wears after a while but I'm not a huge power user on my phone, I sit at my desk most of the day and don't make a lot of cell calls so I may not wear it out as soon as some others... Time will tell.

Doesn't look bad on my belt at all. (note the cool Chargers watch my GF gave me last year for Xmas. Whoops. I digress). I like to rotate the Storm 90 degrees on the belt so that it doesn't poke me in the side.

Close up of the clip: It works well. No complaints yet but I've heard that the surface of the case will eventually start to wear off from constant clipping and re-clipping.

MY BIGGEST GRIPE, and it's not that huge of an issue, but shows that Seidio ran 99 yards and dropped the ball on the 1 yard line. The charging jack will only plug-in one way on the Storm while it's in the holster, and that's the opposite way I usually carry it in my holster (with the top facing out so when I answer the phone, it's right side up).

In other words, the edge of the holster is tangent to the charging port (above right) when the phone is in the holster the way I like to carry it. It does not allow the jack to be inserted for charging. It could have been engineered to allow it, if only they had given it like one more millimeter of clearance. Again, not a biggie, but you shouldn't have to switch the phone around in the holster in order to charge it. I just like to grab my phone and go in the morning and not have to fuss with the phone orientation. In fact I might shave just a tad of it off with an Xacto knife and then the problem would be solved. I'm not convinced this is a good idea though. Has anyone done this to theirs?

All in all I'm happy with the purchase but I won't recommend it until I've worn it for a while to see if anything else comes up.
    03-20-09 01:16 PM
    Another view of the back. U can see that the holster blocks the charging jack. No reason for that!

03-20-09 02:50 PM
    hip case's are the new fanny packs
    03-20-09 04:46 PM
    fanny packs! God I hated those things. I never EVER wore one.
    03-20-09 04:53 PM
    How much was it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-20-09 05:03 PM
    Nice review. I have the Innocase II and love it.

Does the case effect your screen click? On my Innocase 2, when I initially put the case on my screen click disappeared. I had to take the battery cover off and slap the case on again to retain the click of the screen.

However, prior to getting the case, I did adjust the Torx screws on the back for a better click. I'm wondering if the tighten these back if the click will stay when I slap the case on with the battery cover....
    03-20-09 05:35 PM
    How much was it?
    I shopped the price alot and got it at thecellguru for about 39 bucks shipped IIRC. wow I just checked their site and they are out of stock and raised the price to over $50 w/ shipping! Glad I got in before the price hike! But that price is about normal for what others are charging.

Nice review. I have the Innocase II and love it.

Does the case effect your screen click? On my Innocase 2, when I initially put the case on my screen click disappeared. I had to take the battery cover off and slap the case on again to retain the click of the screen.

However, prior to getting the case, I did adjust the Torx screws on the back for a better click. I'm wondering if the tighten these back if the click will stay when I slap the case on with the battery cover....
    I didn't have any click issues at all with the screen. The hardware buttons, since there is an edge of the case right next to them, have a different feel but I'm already used to it.
    03-20-09 05:51 PM
    Well after 1 full day of wearing it and typing on it with the case all is good!

03-20-09 08:04 PM
    One of the guys I work with has this set and he really likes it. The case has a great feel in your hand.

Thanks for the review. nice watch!
    03-20-09 09:06 PM
    Another view of the back. U can see that the holster blocks the charging jack. No reason for that!

I have the Innocase I and holster as well, but still don't understand what the complaint is about the charging jack when holstered. When are you going to charge it when it's in the holster? I guess I have never understood that. I guess if it's in it's holster on the dash of the car or something, but it doesn't make sense any other way. However, if you do really need to have it charging while holstered, there are posts here in CB on how to modify the holster with a Dremel.

I have never thought to myself "Dang, I wish I could charge this while carrying it on my belt".
    03-20-09 10:21 PM
    I have the case and really like it. Feels like it would handle an accidental drop well.
    03-20-09 10:30 PM
    ...I have never thought to myself "Dang, I wish I could charge this while carrying it on my belt".
    I'm charging it in the holster on my desk, I just like to keep it together as one unit whether I'm at home or on the road. I don't like having to either take it out or spin it to expose the port to charge. I just want to take it off, keep it all together, snapped in its case, charge it and then get up and go the next day. Maybe it's nit picky but its an oversight in the i.d.

otherwise, I was just thinking that its a great case and "completes the ensemble" for me. but thanks for the hot tip about the dremel tool. I'm gonna look that one up.
    03-20-09 10:54 PM
    This is what I mean I'm not sure if I wanna do that with the dremel.
    not very neat, but glad the guy posted the pics. If I can finish it better than the pic then Ill think about it. I have the dremel.

03-20-09 11:00 PM
    Hmmm.......... I think I know Superman's secret online identity.

03-20-09 11:22 PM
    LMAO @ Civic!
    03-20-09 11:55 PM
    Pretty nice I like it

03-21-09 02:32 AM
    This is what I mean I'm not sure if I wanna do that with the dremel.
    not very neat, but glad the guy posted the pics. If I can finish it better than the pic then Ill think about it. I have the dremel.
    Yeah, he might have rushed through his, or not had a steady hand, but I am sure it can be done neater. I remember at one time SeidioSeidio stated that he/she would take that feedback back to the developers to see if they could make that slight alteration in the holster (I believe it was in that same thread) but I don't think they reported back or might not have made the change.
    03-21-09 06:58 AM
    I have the same Combo and I love it. BTW great review and thank you for taking the time to do it.
    03-21-09 09:08 AM
    Hmmm.......... I think I know Superman's secret online identity.

Yikes! I've been discovered!!!!
    RTFLMAO! The pose was for the Chargers watch just for fun, but that was hilarious!
    03-21-09 10:25 AM
    Yeah, he might have rushed through his, or not had a steady hand, but I am sure it can be done neater. I remember at one time SeidioSeidio stated that he/she would take that feedback back to the developers to see if they could make that slight alteration in the holster (I believe it was in that same thread) but I don't think they reported back or might not have made the change.
    Yup. That remark was made on that thread by the rep on Jan. 5 '09 so Idk... it might depend if enough ppl like me get online and complain about it before they do anything about it. For sure, now that I really check that hard plastic, it will take more than an X-acto knife to make that mod.
    03-21-09 10:33 AM
    I'm charging it in the holster on my desk, I just like to keep it together as one unit whether I'm at home or on the road. I don't like having to either take it out or spin it to expose the port to charge. I just want to take it off, keep it all together, snapped in its case, charge it and then get up and go the next day. Maybe it's nit picky but its an oversight in the i.d.
    I have to admit it's never even crossed my mind to try to charge my phone while in the holster. I see the same would be an issue with my Innocase II, but I honestly still have no interest in charging it in the holster.

I prop mine up when charging to serve as a clock across the room when we're in bed anyway.
    03-21-09 12:16 PM
    Thanks for the review. Helped me pick my case and holster for my new Storm.
    03-23-09 09:09 PM
    second to that, thx for review and most important "pics"...
    03-26-09 11:46 PM
    I just got internet whiplash from your picture haha.
    03-27-09 01:25 AM
    Cool. Its a good combo. After a week or so now its wearing in great.
    An issue coming up for me now tho is the kinda sharp edge of clip.
    It could be smoother... It scratches my forearm a little here and there.
    But overall, I like the feel of this setup, it works for me!
    Last edited by motrv8d; 03-27-09 at 10:05 AM.
    03-27-09 01:57 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD